Are you "that" range guy?

Maddog701

Reaction score
Handicap
14.2 ghin
Was at the range yesterday, not many people there, a guy comes up 2 stalls away from, he had choice of 15 or so stalls. after he warms up a little he starts to take full shots. At this point I don't' even notice him. After his 3rd or 4th shot I hear what sounds like a weight lifters grunt. At first I thought he hurt himself, I look over and he is teeing up another shot, he hit it poorly and grunts again. This goes on for about 5 shots, then he starts his commentary, "how can you hit it so bad", "why do I even bother today", "you just don't have it today", " I really suck today". I kind of thought it was funny to insults ones self over a range session.

My question is, are you "that" range Guy"?

I'm certainly not. I'm a quiet guy in general and while there is a WHOLE lot of commotion going on in my head sometimes, it's very rare anyone near me would even have a clue.

Those grunters are super annoying...not only at the range, but at the gym too.

I try not to be but I will talk to myself under my breathe every once in a while.

I have been. I find nothing wrong with it.

I talk to myself on the range all the time.

Usually consists of "What was that?" type of comments. Or an occasional "good grief".

No, I'm not good enough to question why I hit it so bad, especially not out loud.

I save my self deprecation for on the course.

I whisper quietly to myself sometimes....on the course if I hit a string of bad shots I will say outloud "Cmon Devlin you're better than this"

Grunts no. I will talk to myself a little bit though. More so when the range is pretty deserted.

I'll never grunt when hitting a golf ball. But I've been known to call myself a few choice names when not striking it solidly.

Never grunt, rarely talk to self.

Nope, not me. I us the range to warm up before playing or for working on iron shots. If I hit bad, i hit bad, no worries its just the range.

Im kind of that guy. I dont grunt or anything but I will say things like "Where the hell did that come from?" or "Stop being such a turd". I do this on the course too. I smack talk myself as much as I talk smack to others lol.

No grunting, but a lot of "What the hell was that" and "This is gonna be a long day"

Not a grunter, but I do talk to myself at times.

Yes...yes I am. That's why I go to the ball field in town by myself so I can grumble alone.

I'll never grunt when hitting a golf ball. But I've been known to call myself a few choice names when not striking it solidly.
yep. this is me.

I'm more annoyed by guys who will scream at their buddies to check out their shot immediately after a good strike.

I'm usually pretty quiet on the range, maybe an occasional grunt after a bad shot.

Not out loud lol

Nope, the most I will do is put my club back in the bag and step away from the hitting area and chill out for a couple minutes to clear my head

I have heard people talking to themselves before but just ignore it to be honest

I do curse myself, but not loud enough to be distracting to others. And not that often, around once in 30 shots.

Not a grunter but i will talk to myself quietly

The self-commentary is not what bothers me about this scenario, as I'm sure we've all uttered displeasure of a shot on the course...so why should the range be any different? What does annoy me about this scenario is the fact the guy selected the bay 1-2 spots down when there were 10+ to choose from. Being paired up at the course is one thing, feeling the need to hit balls right next to me at an empty range is ridiculous.

I've been know to grumble to myself, but not to THAT extent.

I'm not that guy but I will quietly talk to myself to give me reminders before the next ball.

Back