Arizona THP Golf League

I'm planning on playing...need a golf partner not anything serious or long term. Lol
I added you to the poll so that we have a good head count. I'm sure one of the guys will jump to partner up with you!

I’m in for Southern Dunes

Yes.. let’s partner up.

Played Southern Dunes solo yesterday afternoon to get a look at things. I've been there once before, but didn't remember much. My takeaways:
  • Good thing we are playing early (I hope). Afternoon winds were pretty tough.
  • Attendant at the end of the round said greens were going to be punched soon. Wasn't sure about size. If big holes, might just be healing up by our event.
  • I thought the greens as I played them were a bit bumpy. Still fairly true, but some rough spots from play. I fixed some pitch marks.
  • Lots of water bottles at stations on the course. Whew.
  • I hate sand! That said, the sand was actually in pretty good shape.
  • Gotta be solid off the tee. Things can go sideways quickly if you aren't. (Yeah, I know, I'm Captain Obvious).
Looking forward to the event, it was a fun layout.

Teams so far

@echico and @Pinche Baboso
@Roadrunner and @robrandalgz
@oumagic and @tucsoncacti
@MSEASU and @mtbloco
@Doubleb21 and @TommyTomas
@sourmash and @jjjgolf500
@Wildcat4life and @MagicSpell
@AzGolfer and @azrsx
@tanker337 and @AzBirdgang

Start calling out your partner! If you need help finding a partner put your Tinder profile here. Anyone missing?
2 echico guest for 20 total right now.

Again. 2 trophies on the line and a CTP prize for hole 11. Guests no eligible for trophies or the girly Crown.

Southern Dunes participants: if you want in the optional skins pot, please send $10 to our Venmo account (@AZTHP) prior to your tee time. Also, there are still a few members that aren’t in the Hole-In-One jackpot ($20 to same Venmo account).

This month's tournament is a special event: the Sophia Pina Memorial. The story behind this event can be found here: https://www.thehackersparadise.com/.../arizona-thp-golf-league.8918786/post-9664590. Ricardo Pina (@echico) and his wife have been gracious enough to donate trophies that will be given to each member of the winning team, who get to proudly display them until next year's team event. In return for their generosity, we are collecting donations for Ryan House (https://ryanhouse.org/), a hospice service for children. Donations can be made through our Venmo account (@AZTHP).

20210216_141333.jpg

Played Southern Dunes solo yesterday afternoon to get a look at things. I've been there once before, but didn't remember much. My takeaways:
  • Good thing we are playing early (I hope). Afternoon winds were pretty tough.
  • Attendant at the end of the round said greens were going to be punched soon. Wasn't sure about size. If big holes, might just be healing up by our event.
  • I thought the greens as I played them were a bit bumpy. Still fairly true, but some rough spots from play. I fixed some pitch marks.
  • Lots of water bottles at stations on the course. Whew.
  • I hate sand! That said, the sand was actually in pretty good shape.
  • Gotta be solid off the tee. Things can go sideways quickly if you aren't. (Yeah, I know, I'm Captain Obvious).
Looking forward to the event, it was a fun layout.
Last year after the greens were punched you could play them 4 days after. They do a good job with the small tines. Greens may be a little slower but they will be good. If you get wind the bugs are fewer but if no wind you may need to bring some bug spray. Getting better as one dairy plant left and another is looking like it will move. I do suggest the Cubano sandwich after your round if you are into that sort of thing.

2 echico guest for 20 total right now.

Again. 2 trophies on the line and a CTP prize for hole 11. Guests no eligible for trophies or the girly Crown.
Ok will close it up at 5 tee times. Will email Southern dunes tonight so we can give them back the other times. Thanks for the heads up. Would you like to be paired with them?

Ok will close it up at 5 tee times. Will email Southern dunes tonight so we can give them back the other times. Thanks for the heads up. Would you like to be paired with them?
Yes please put us together

What a good time fellas. Starting to get toasty by the end. 109F. Early start times will be welcomed.

Super fun day and SD is a great course. Looking forward to getting to play again there next week. The heat was bearable with a cooling towel and lots of water with electrolyte tabs. Lunch after was fantastic! Thanks @mtbloco @MSEASU and @TommyTomas see you all next sat!

Back