Arizona vs Texas A Call Out Thread: Fixin to Drunk Post

My thought is..... come in Wednesday night. Practice round Thursday maybe see the city. Ryder cup style play Friday and Saturday with good dinners. Leave Sunday. I will let others chime in.
Another idea is Friday golf with Saturday an off day to visit city or UT game and golf Sunday
I've been ALL about a Longhorns game in there. Just combine these ideas, competition golf Friday and Sunday, UT game Saturday, optional practice round Thursday. People can choose whether to come in Wednesday night, whether to tour the city Saturday or do a football game, there's options.

Based on when the Big12 has announced their schedules in the past, I think we'd know home weekends for UT sometime in the next couple months

I thought it was TU. #hornsdown

Soooooo many options. But plenty of time to figure it out.

I've been ALL about a Longhorns game in there. Just combine these ideas, competition golf Friday and Sunday, UT game Saturday, optional practice round Thursday. People can choose whether to come in Wednesday night, whether to tour the city Saturday or do a football game, there's options.

Based on when the Big12 has announced their schedules in the past, I think we'd know home weekends for UT sometime in the next couple months
This sounds like a winner. Plus it gives me plenty of time to find out who they’re playing so I can get the other teams shirt.

This sounds like a winner. Plus it gives me plenty of time to find out who they’re playing so I can get the other teams shirt.
October will be OU vs TX in Dallas. But it is usually later in October (the 10th this year)

So when are you going to tell everyone you played for A&M which iexplains your Texas bias!
Oh this. This was all about Dallas. Yeah that’s it. No anti horn bias here.

Also, aren’t you a Jayhawk?

I wasn’t suggesting that the guys would want to go to OU vs TX, just that if they wanted to see a UT game, they would need to find a weekend other than OU weekend. There are plenty of things I would enjoy in Austin, TX on a golf weekend but football wouldn’t be high on my list.

I wasn’t suggesting that the guys would want to go to OU vs TX, just that if they wanted to see a UT game, they would need to find a weekend not to pick OU weekend. I am not interested in a UT game.
Amen. But we ca make do if they want to attend. I have attended a few tailgates and enjoyed the ut club for drinks while the game commences.

Amen. But we ca make do if they want to attend. I have attended a few tailgates and enjoyed the ut club for drinks while the game commences.

I can equally boo TU from a bar on 6th street while enjoying watching them choke away a game and the would-be promising careers of some top Texas high school football talent

I can understand the urge to choose a football weekend, but if you do, you'll have fewer hotel/resort options and your costs are going to be higher, if that matters.

Falconhead, another great choice! I haven't played there since 2012.

I don't know how the Austinites feel about Onion Creek. It's private but they've been known to allow outside groups to play.

Of course the courses at the Barton Resort are an option too.

Barton Creek Lakeside course could be another option.
1600874785974.png

So many great choices this is going to be amazing.

Back