ASICS GEL-Course ACE Golf Shoes

Yes that links to all.
I need to find these where I can try them on. Love Asics for running shoes. Hope they are as comfy in golf shoes. These could be my new shoes this year.

This is a good looking shoe for sure. Price is good and as long as they waterproofing is as stated they should be great.

Nice write-up JB

Am I the only one who is surprised that they don’t make pink for Noelle yet?

Not a super huge fan of tennis shoe style golf shoes but the comfort described is intriguing. Might have to give them a look.

Not a super huge fan of tennis shoe style golf shoes but the comfort described is intriguing. Might have to give them a look.

I've enjoyed Asics running shoes for a while. I had a pair of Asics golf shoes probably 7-8 years ago. They were super comfy, but the traction was terrible on them. I don't mind the style of shoe, the colorways are fine too. I don't know, the price for me is a bit of a miss, but you can always find deals eventually, right?

I've enjoyed Asics running shoes for a while. I had a pair of Asics golf shoes probably 7-8 years ago. They were super comfy, but the traction was terrible on them. I don't mind the style of shoe, the colorways are fine too. I don't know, the price for me is a bit of a miss, but you can always find deals eventually, right?
Eventually being the key word haha. The price isn't awful considering what shoes cost these days though.

Eventually being the key word haha. The price isn't awful considering what shoes cost these days though.

I mean it's not, but if I'm going to spend that on a pair, I'd want them to be a pair I would wear most of the time I play. I just don't get that sense from these for me.

I like the top view. The outside view is ok, the inside view is better than the outside. I would try the white/gray/green.

Solid review, I've worn Asics trail runners for a few years because they are comfortable and they last pretty well standing on concrete for hours at a time during trade shows and what not. I should have followed more closely last year but both these and the boa spikes look awesome. Sounds like the comfort translates over so I'm going to have to take a close look at these. I mean, I didn't buy any new golf shoes last year so I'm due right?

These look really good. I’ve been a fan of ASICS for a long time and wear a pair of their running shoes when I walk to the golf course. I’ll give these a serious consideration when making my shoe purchase in the spring.

Really like ASICS shoes. I’m gonna grab a pair really soon.

Definitely don’t care for the look. Just reminds me of the official women’s volleyball shoes. No deal, Howie.

Does anyone know if the sizes in these are similar to their running shoes/regular sneakers?
I do not know for sure but if they used the same foot form( and I think they did) to construct this shoe they should fit the same or close.The materials in the upper also make a difference.. The main point of difference is the outsole. When you look at the outsole contour in JB's excellent review you see the curve that is similar to their GT series in running.

I have the prior version in my budgetgolf.com cart right now.

I need to find these where I can try them on. Love Asics for running shoes. Hope they are as comfy in golf shoes. These could be my new shoes this year.

☝☝. I have run with Asics Running Shoes in the past. For that reason, I would give theses a look.

I'm digging the look of these. Glad to hear that they offer a level of waterproofing as well.

I do not know for sure but if they used the same foot form( and I think they did) to construct this shoe they should fit the same or close.The materials in the upper also make a difference.. The main point of difference is the outsole. When you look at the outsole contour in JB's excellent review you see the curve that is similar to their GT series in running.
Yes, I re-read it and he was very clear on sizing. :sleep: the first time I read through it. I love asics running shoes and have been wearing them since my wrestling days when they were a sponsor of mine. Looking forward to giving these a try.

I swore to my wife I would not be buying a bunch of golf apparel, but these shoes may cause me to break that vow. I was fit to ASICS running shoes by a local running shop. They fit my feet like a glove, right out of the gate, are superbly comfortable, yet offer excellent support. I would definitely go for the Graphite Grey/Graphite Grey. The other color combos are too loud for my taste.

If these had spikes, it would be a must have.

I think I preferred the color schemes on the first ones better. These have a very similar running shoe feel/look, just not for me

I wouldn't wear these even if they were given to me for free.

i could go for those blue and white ones....and I’m not a fan of white on golf shoes

I don't not like them, but I feel I'm more of a traditionalist when it comes to golf shoes....at least this point in my life. :ROFLMAO:

Very good write-up, @JB. I'm a minimalist/zero-drop fan so these aren't for me, but I'm sure a lot of golfers will enjoy them. I've had several pair of Asics Gel running shoes in the past and they're very comfortable. The Graphite Grey colorway looks really nice.

Back