ASICS Gel-Kayano Ace Golf Shoes

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
I will not deny it, I have been waiting quite impatiently to see just where the Srixon and ASICS relationship might go. Here at THP, we knew when it was announced that the potential was significant. While other shoe brands have tried to establish a foothold (sorry, I couldn’t resist) stateside, most don’t have the worldwide brand recognition like ASICS. Anyone who knows anything about shoes knows that their R&D and ability to design a functional and comfortable shoe is among the industries best. 

However, these things take time, and while we have seen releases from Srixon and ASICS so far, releases which have been solid, this is perhaps the one that will get many to jump in all the way. 

Srixon-ASICS-Gel-Kayano-Ace-Golf-Shoe-1.png

ASICS Gel-Kayano Ace Golf Shoes

The...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
These are exciting to me. I have had their running shoes off and on for years and always enjoyed them. The sizing is always a hard part. How did the toe box feel @Jman ? That part gets squished sometimes in other shoes but I've found these ones to be roomy enough without being loose.

They look like a running shoe as well, less golfy and more understated in my eye, probably a plus for some and a detractor for others.

They have made solid progression with each release. These look really sharp. I will continue using them. I wish they came in wide, that is my only complaint. Great write up.

• Staff
These are exciting to me. I have had their running shoes off and on for years and always enjoyed them. The sizing is always a hard part. How did the toe box feel @Jman ? That part gets squished sometimes in other shoes but I've found these ones to be roomy enough without being loose.

They look like a running shoe as well, less golfy and more understated in my eye, probably a plus for some and a detractor for others.
This is just a release buddy, not a review. I don’t have a pair in hand, or on foot.

That said, I’m going to buy the grey/silver pair when they release. I’m that interested!

They sound very solid but, honestly, the looks don't do much for me.

I'd sure like to try them. With their 30% discount for Veteran Golf Assoc members, I'm becoming a Srixon guy 🇺🇸

These look sooooo good! I just bought a pair of Sketchers that are great but may grab a pair of these when available because......well, just because. ;)

This is just a release buddy, not a review. I don’t have a pair in hand, or on foot.

That said, I’m going to buy the grey/silver pair when they release. I’m that interested!

The grey/silver pair looks awesome, but I really like ASICS shoes though.

I should have the Grey and Silver pair coming today and I am super excited about them. I have worn the previous releases extensively and they offered some pretty great comfort for walking and these look even better.

Definitely buying these as my new waterproof shoes when they drop. Love my kayona tennis shoes.

I've got 4-5 pairs of Asics under the bed right now, they're one of the most comfortable sneakers that I've found.

That said, I've been really disappointed with their build quality the last few years. The last two pairs I had fell apart in less than a year with normal day to day use. I am not sure if I'd want to spend that much on a pair of Asics golf shoes given my experiences with their sneakers recently.

As someone wanting to walk more but needed more heel cushioning to pull it off these have my eye.

Pretty good looking releases. I’ll second the toe box issue as that’s the reason I stopped wearing them for running. That white and yellow colorway looks pretty awesome though.

They looks of these are getting better. These remind me of my running shoes and damn were they comfortable on those 20 mile runs and I expect these to be just as comfortable for 18 holes of golf. Still on the fence if I want to jump right in yet…

Thanks for the write up @Jman

Thank you and sorry, I got a bit ahead of myself there. I also liked the grey pair look.

I have the ASICS BOAs. Love the looks of these!

These may be my next white pair of golf shoes.

These are super comfortable. If you like the running shoe, you are going to love the golf shoe.

These are super comfortable. If you like the running shoe, you are going to love the golf shoe.
Yup. I’m gonna have to order when the time comes.

I actually REALLY like the Grey/White pair.

1647263570829.png

I may pick them up for my walking rounds.

I just got a pair of the Asics Course Glide and have only worn them once so my wife might shoot me if I buy these right now. However, I've been wearing their Kayano running shoes for 20+ years and they are fantastic. Next time I need to buy golf shoes these will be at the top of the list.

Back