Auto Racing Thread

This NASCAR package with little to no tire wear, tons of downforce so almost flat out all the way around is just boring to watch man. Feel like it's taken a ton of the skill away and it's just who can keep their momentum up the best. I need tire fall off and cars slip sliding around haha

Another Max domination. Right now though, the 2nd best car is a good fight between about 3 teams

I just found out MotoGP is on HBO Max. Made my day…
And TruTv. I don’t know why they haven’t advertised this more. Glad I found this out before renewing my MotoGP video pass. It’s about time the sport got decent coverage in the US (even though the live race doesn’t show in TruTV’s schedule.) Also glad they’ve picked up the UK coverage, seeing Suzi Perry on my screen always brightens up my day. With Liberty circling Dorna, I see a real effort to get the coverage improved even further here. Hell, there’s even talk of MotoGp F1 double header races. That would be off the charts!
IMG_9460.jpeg

And TruTv. I don’t know why they haven’t advertised this more. Glad I found this out before renewing my MotoGP video pass. It’s about time the sport got decent coverage in the US (even though the live race doesn’t show in TruTV’s schedule.) Also glad they’ve picked up the UK coverage, seeing Suzi Perry on my screen always brightens up my day. With Liberty circling Dorna, I see a real effort to get the coverage improved even further here. Hell, there’s even talk of MotoGp F1 double header races. That would be off the charts!

About a month ago we switched to YouTube TV from Comcast. It saved us over $100 a month for the exact same channels. It’s been fabulous so far until today. Set a recording last night for MotoGP on TruTV and it didn’t record because apparently YouTube TV didn’t pay the full charge for all sports content. Thank god for HBO Max.

Soooooo over Max.

Soooooo over Max.
Jeremy Strong Yes GIF by SuccessionHBO

It's Jos, Max is doing what he's told
It's Marko really, and Max is more loyal to him than anyone else. But I took @Jman to mean just Max in general. Which...yes.

It's Marko really, and Max is more loyal to him than anyone else. But I took @Jman to mean just Max in general. Which...yes.
Totally, he's no idea how to make a bad car good (see Alonso in the benetton, Schumacher in the early Ferrari, Hamilton in the Mclaren & early Mercedes)

The Marko thing doesn't make sense tho, he's the head of driver development so if the stories about the other internal issues are to get him out of RB fully, Marko leaving is worse for them as he'd take a lot of talent with.

The Marko thing doesn't make sense tho, he's the head of driver development so if the stories about the other internal issues are to get him out of RB fully, Marko leaving is worse for them as he'd take a lot of talent with.
It’s a power struggle between Christen and Marko. Marko has never liked Horner but they “got along” for the sake of Dietrich. When he passed, the gloves have come off.

It’s a power struggle between Christen and Marko. Marko has never liked Horner but they “got along” for the sake of Dietrich. When he passed, the gloves have come off.
Let it burn I say.

Newey to ferrari to fulfil two things he never did, work with them or Lewis.

It doesn't help, if reports are true, that Horner with the Thai backing, tried to steal away the racing/performance business from the Austrian faction/group.
Then lease the Red Bull name back from them.
He wants to be an owner like Toto is with Mercedes.

It's fascinating since no one but 1 guy can win a race these days.
Something needs to entertain us.

It doesn't help, if reports are true, that Horner with the Thai backing, tried to steal away the racing/performance business from the Austrian faction/group.
Then lease the Red Bull name back from them.
He wants to be an owner like Toto is with Mercedes.

It's fascinating since no one but 1 guy can win a race these days.
Something needs to entertain us.
On track is far from the entertainment value

Imagine how annoying Jos must be if Max is this annoying, cos Max is so so much better and more successful as an F1 driver than Jos was ever
There are quite a few stories of just the kind of guy Jos is if you look for them. Not a great dude

There are quite a few stories of just the kind of guy Jos is if you look for them. Not a great dude
I think he's torn between being proud of how successful Max is at a young age and the only thing he has left is being the first Dutch driver to score a podium

On track is far from the entertainment value
My wife now just asks by how much did Max win by and not who won the race.
She wants him to clean sweep and make F1 change things to stop him.
She doesn't believe me that changes are coming in 2026 & F1 won't really do much of anything until them.

I stopped watch F1 when Schumacher was winning everything b/c it was boring to me.
But I had CART racing to watch until they split and ruined open-wheel racing in the US.

Right now, the only way to stop Max is for someone to drive up his back axle in turn 1 and destroy his car.
Or to sabotage the wheel nuts on his tires so they cannot get them on during a pit stop :ROFLMAO:

What I love about F1:

*The pageantry
*The celebrities in the crowd
*The tracks
*The racing environment
*The fashion
*The liveries
*Races in many different countries around the world

What I don't like about F1:

*The actual races. 🙄 ☹️

Back