Ball Collection: Favorite, and why?

That is neat. What is the "Fly me to the the moon" ball? Lol

When I started golfing, one of my nephews had a dozen made up with Fly Me to The Moon and gave them to me for a birthday present. Not to be outdone, his brother had a dozen made up with "The Force is Strong in this One". I'm not sure if I still have one of those, I'll have to check.

Heavens yes, that is the one I am patiently waiting for. Describe your hole in one, the swing, etc.!
It was right after joining my men's club. My 2nd tournament with the club, Par 3 7th and it scoped at 150yds on the nose. The teebox is slightly elevated. I hit a pw that started about 20' right of the hole and drew in to dead on the flagstick. The ball landed about 4' behind the hole, spun back and disappeared. I stood on the teebox for a few seconds stunned then ran around screaming like a lunatic. Our club has a HIO pot, which had been carrying over for about 2 years and was capped at $3500. So not only did I get my first competition HIO, I got $3500 for the ace, $250 for the skin and $70 for closest to the pin. Since this was my second tourney, I had a total of $2 in that HIO pot. It was awesome!

Since then, everyone in the club calls me Ace.
FB_IMG_1587560204513.jpg
FB_IMG_1587560313624.jpg

Last edited:
It was right after joining my men's club. My 2nd tournament with the club, Par 3 7th and it scoped at 150yds on the nose. The teebox is slightly elevated. I hit a pw that started about 20' right of the hole and drew in to dead on the flagstick. The ball landed about 4' behind the hole, spun back and disappeared. I stood on the teebox for a few seconds stunned then ran around screaming like a lunatic. Our club has a HIO pot, which had been carrying over for about 2 years and was capped at $3500. So not only did I get my first competition HIO, I got $3500 for the ace, $250 for the skin and $70 for closest to the pin. Since this was my second tourney, I had a total of $2 in that HIO pot. It was awesome!

View attachment 8938769
View attachment 8938770

WOW! That is soooo cool. What a day, and payout lol

View attachment 8938769
View attachment 8938770

Sorry but you might never top that shot! Wow talk about a HIO experience!

I’ll go with these:

95C501E4-ADAB-40A0-A08E-4DE8381ADAE4.jpeg
THP and Hideaway Truvis .

Sorry but you might never top that shot! Wow talk about a HIO experience!
It was definitely a once in a lifetime epic experience. And so was the bar tab afterwards, even with HIO insurance.

They gave me 50 free drink tickets to hand out, and I still spent $600 out of pocket. Most of it was tips for the staff.

They gave me 50 free drink tickets to hand out, and I still spent $600 out of pocket. Most of it was tips for the staff.

Totally worth it!

My favorite ball of the very few that I have kept is a Pro V1x that I played 145 straight golf holes with before retiring it. Eight straight rounds completed and at the start of the ninth having finished the 1st hole the lightening sirens went off and we were off the course for the balance of the day. It was then I decided it was time to retire this ball. It has been sitting in my locker now for the past 3 or so years and yet I still haven't written the number 145 on it.

My favorite ball of the very few that I have kept is a Pro V1x that I played 145 straight golf holes with before retiring it. Eight straight rounds completed and at the start of the ninth having finished the 1st hole the lightening sirens went off and we were off the course for the balance of the day. It was then I decided it was time to retire this ball. It has been sitting in my locker now for the past 3 or so years and yet I still haven't written the number 145 on it.
Out of curiosity what condition is the cover in? I'm guessing there is no gloss left to it - what about battle scars?

This is impressive!

That is... Unreal. And really impressive!

Out of curiosity what condition is the cover in? I'm guessing there is no gloss left to it - what about battle scars?

Safe to say no gloss left on it. The name Titleist and Pro V1x are now barely showing as well. The ball does proudly show the battle scars of at least 1 cart path and no doubt a few trees. As I recall it tried to drown itself in a creek here and there but always managed to hang on for dear life. If I'm not mistaken all 145 holes occurred on our home course here in PA. Fairly certain I had not completed 3 rounds previously with the same ball and not certain I have done so since. I think it is safe to say that this kind of survival rate requires quite a bit of luck.

Safe to say no gloss left on it. The name Titleist and Pro V1x are now barely showing as well. The ball does proudly show the battle scars of at least 1 cart path and no doubt a few trees. As I recall it tried to drown itself in a creek here and there but always managed to hang on for dear life. If I'm not mistaken all 145 holes occurred on our home course here in PA. Fairly certain I had not completed 3 rounds previously with the same ball and not certain I have done so since. I think it is safe to say that this kind of survival rate requires quite a bit of luck.

You wrote luck instead of the word skill 😜

Couple birdies in that ball I presume!

I. Regretting not starting a collection of golf trips, opted for a sweet ball marker instead.

@Nate<80 what did you opt for at virtues? Did you get the diamond logo ball?

You wrote luck instead of the word skill 😜

Couple birdies in that ball I presume!

No doubt an occassional birdie but I assure you more luck than skill although at the time I was playing fairly well for me. In particular I was driving it well. Keep in mind a lot of golfers can't claim playing 145 holes with the same ball because most would have replaced the ball at some point with something new. I think after a few rounds I just decided to see how long it could go on for. I do recall one friend wanting to throw the ball into the pond in front of the 1st tee given the condition of the ball as the rounds wore on.

I. Regretting not starting a collection of golf trips, opted for a sweet ball marker instead.

@Nate<80 what did you opt for at virtues? Did you get the diamond logo ball?

Not too late Gman!

I went with the logo ball.. AND whenever I play a top 100 I splurge and get the bag tag as well! Lol

Most of these are logo balls that I've found over the years. Some are courses I've played. A few were given to me.
20200802_145816.jpg20200802_145922.jpg20200802_145928.jpg20200802_145948.jpg20200802_145954.jpg20200802_145958.jpg
index.php

Attachments

• 20200802_150006.jpg
    20200802_150006.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 15
Back