JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
How many balls are you playing per round? On average, let's say the course is a tough track with quite a bit of water in play.

At Turning Stone....4.

At Waterlefe....24.

Lots of water Id say 4-5

2-3 typically.

Prefer to be only 1, but, let's be honest.

1 to 2. I usually don't lose many.

Tough to say, not many courses around here have too much water. I can't see going through more than 3 balls in a round.

somehow the more water, the smarter I play, a tough new course with watr, I'd say 1-3 balls. a wide open course, I might find a way to lose 3-6

Balls Per Round

If I'm playing for handicap 1 to 4. Otherwise I can lose 10+ because I always play used and don't look very hard.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'd say 2-3 on a normal course, 3-6 on a water filled course.

I will typically go through 3-5. I have played a few rounds on only one ball though. dang water hazards...

Gamer balls I limit myself to 3 then I go to the shag bag. Total tho id say 3-4 and hopefully not more haha although it's happened many times

Going with 2. Typically don't hit the ball far enough to get in a,lot of trouble.

I'd say 5 or 6. I'll probably scuff up one or two, and lose several more in the water.

2-3 if lots of water. for the most part. Sometimes more sometimes less.

I'll say 2-4 depending on the course. I have gotten a lot better at not losing them, even went over 100 consecutive holes this year without losing one, but sometimes certain courses just have my number.

Last couple rounds 2-3. Before that played most rounds with 1.

I'd say 2-3. Depends on how I'm hitting it off the tee really. Irons I control fine and keep the ball in play.

Everyday rounds 1 to 2, I typically don't lose balls. Tournament rounds more as I change balls every few holes or if they become blemished or damaged in any way.

If the course is loaded up with water, probably no more than 4 or 5. Depends on which swing shows up that day...

I've gone from probably 6 or 7 in a round early in the year, to 2 or 3 my last several rounds.

Today was 4 with Shaft experimenting, but normally 1 maybe 2 on a local course. I think I ran out of balls completely at Waterlefe which my 1st THP unofficial Event.

on average? right now anywhere from 3-6 most likely. I feel my rounds playing well and only using 1-2 balls during the round are countered with my bad rounds where I could use upwards of more than 2 sleeves if it's that hard haha.

Played a course that had water basically on every hole and I lost 3 balls!

Oh and I'm currently playing the yellow Srixon Z-star XV which helps a lot...

We get it Jimmy, you're good. Quit showing off.
Haha not trying to show off! My scores aren't always the best but I generally don't lose the ball I put up some big numbers with! Lol

Back