Course Review Ballyhack Golf Club

A number of improvements are currently taking place including some new grass in the landing area on 18.
New grass on the false front on 14.
A few new tee boxes including completely changing the tee box on 2

The improvements should make for some excellent THP Experiences in May.

A number of improvements are currently taking place including some new grass in the landing area on 18.

Can't wait to see those May pics!

Hopefully I avoid that new grass on 14.

hopefully some widening of the fairways and flattening of the greens. Speaking for our opponents of course…

hopefully some widening of the fairways and flattening of the greens. Speaking for our opponents of course…
I didnt see any of that haha

Damn. Oh well, I’m sure they will all have a good time anyway.
I can honestly say that 14 was not nearly as scary on the approach during this last trip, knowing the ball was not going to roll from the front of the green down the slope and off another 20 yards. Assuming that new sod is ready to roll, its such a difficult hole pin placement dependent

The needlepoint belts with the goat are something I would like to get. They look great.

Have to go to Roanoke for work in the middle of March. wish I could get a round in :oops:

Is it weird to get something if you have never been there?
I got golf towels from some places. I’ll likely never get to play them. They look cool though.

Is it weird to get something if you have never been there?
No I don't think so. At least when it has meaning to you because of THP. If Ballyhack was just another course, sure but you know a ton about it already and it has meaning. I'd think you're good

No I don't think so. At least when it has meaning to you because of THP. If Ballyhack was just another course, sure but you know a ton about it already and it has meaning. I'd think you're good
I honestly think this is pretty fair. If the community has a meaning and you follow an experience there, I think its fair game.

I honestly think this is pretty fair. If the community has a meaning and you follow an experience there, I think its fair game.
Especially with how prevalent Dormie Network courses are for THP now. I'd gladly wear stuff from other spots even if I hadn't been there. I was going to liken it to The Hideaway. I don't think anyone would turn down something from there even if they haven't been there.

Very cool!

Just booked a trip here for June for some content with some friends. I absolutely love the facility and glad to be heading there for multiple THP Experiences this year.

Just booked a trip here for June for some content with some friends. I absolutely love the facility and glad to be heading there for multiple THP Experiences this year.
Get to go for a almost a full week in May and then going back in June? It's awesome how much you like this place! Can't wait to see it for myself!

Get to go for a almost a full week in May and then going back in June? It's awesome how much you like this place! Can't wait to see it for myself!
I mean they are work, but I can think of worse places to have to work.
Its a beautiful golf course with next level service haha.

I mean they are work, but I can think of worse places to have to work.
Its a beautiful golf course with next level service haha.
Totally get that, but you have all of Dormie Network at your disposal for it. I feel like Ballyhack has gotten a lot of action and I think that's really cool!

Back