Course Review Ballyhack Golf Club

I wish I could aim my driver right now...
If you are aiming you are doing it all wrong. Just turn sideways and swing...you and I are short hitters so we are going to have issues reaching some of those fairways. :ROFLMAO:

If you are aiming you are doing it all wrong. Just turn sideways and swing...you and I are short hitters so we are going to have issues reaching some of those fairways. :ROFLMAO:
I'm a short hitter now...I just recently lost the distance :LOL:

Plus he plays with a hammer and wears a cape
Which is why he's not the part of the equation that I'm worried about :LOL:

Fairways are deceiving. You may think the ball is going to end up in the fairway, but when you get up there...you find it in the rough.
There are a couple of holes that from the tee you have to know where you need to start the ball so it ends up in the fairway, or a "good swing" will not end in reward.

I've noticed while the fairways are generous, the rough is relatively minimal before you hit into some serious ****.

Add in the valleys, hills, bunkers and boy oh boy this course looks like it can eat you up if out of position

I've noticed while the fairways are generous, the rough is relatively minimal before you hit into some serious ****.

Add in the valleys, hills, bunkers and boy oh boy this course looks like it can eat you up if out of position
It can but honestly if you work on keeping it in front of you, it’s not crazy. The two nines are completely different golf courses in a weird way and it will be the most fun you have ever had on course. It’s that kind of place.

It can but honestly if you work on keeping it in front of you, it’s not crazy. The two nines are completely different golf courses in a weird way and it will be the most fun you have ever had on course. It’s that kind of place.

I enjoy the thought of the 2 nines being different golf courses. I’ve only seen it in pictures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I enjoy the thought of the 2 nines being different golf courses. I’ve only seen it in pictures.

I think most of our THP Experiences are played on courses that offer these incredibly unique paths. Briggs Ranch from last week is kind of like that too. This one specifically is so wild, i’m super excited to have 3 different events going there so THPers can play herrZ.

I’m trying to become more active on the forums.
Some of the knowledge here is a bit overwhelming,
I just a guy trying to steal golf time from a busy family schedule.
Would love to participate in events and support the THP mission to its partners.

Would love to participate in events and support the THP mission to its partners.

Well we are glad to have you.
I recommend two things.

1. Ditch tapatalk. it’s an awful software that is filled with privacy issues. Mobile browser is full featured and will stay that way.

2. Dive right in. Follow an event thread when it starts. jump into conversations. Most importantly, have fun.

That’s the plan!
I also hope to connect with some CNY (Central New York) THPer’s to play in person.

I’ve done the course tour like 77 times so far, haha.

I'll add one point to @JB's recommendations: join the Albatross Club. It's your ticket to being eligible for all things THP, and it supports a great cause.

I'll add one point to @JB's recommendations: join the Albatross Club. It's your ticket to being eligible for all things THP, and it supports a great cause.
I have submitted payment and upon receipt will be an Albatross Club member. 💥

I have submitted payment and upon receipt will be an Albatross Club member. 💥
Won’t regret it! Regardless of getting in to an event

@Canadan has some advice for us who are taking on Ballyhack next week. I compiled Dans posts from the 2022 Titleist Experience at Ballyhack.
*Dans original posts are hyperlinked

Hole 2:
The further right you go off the tee, the less you can see going to the green.
Front side bunker is a disaster, and guards the green very well.

hole 2.png

Hole 3.
Long is not an option here.
I hit almost to the back fringe center green and it spun back off the green, so it is all sloped.
Left side of the green has a bit of a bowl which will be tough to get on the right level if it's there.

hole 3.png

Hole 4:
Freshly labeled Canadan
Landing zone is blind off the tee, and you have to have faith in the line your caddie gives you and taking too much tightens the room for error a LOT.
There is a significant slope guarding a back right pin, but also awesome for anyone trying to get to a front pin.

hole 4.png

extra:
How To Play Ballyhack Hole 4

Hole 5:
Another blind tee shot, but with absolutely no pressure. Quality of contact sends you down the hill with no fear.
The problem is going back up. It's a HUGE hill to climb, and while the green is fair, missing short is completely out of the question.

hole 5.png

Hole 6:
The downiest of downhillers
Visually, the landing zone isn't THAT scary.. But if you hit a draw you're going to be clenching as it closes in on the gunch.
On the plus side, the harder you bail right and stay in the fairway, it's still only at most 140 to middle of green (by the bunker near the path in the pic).

hole 6.png

Hole 7:
Par 3.
You're welcome.

Back