Course Review Ballyhack Golf Club

It depends. Cost for an individual would be around $850 per month I believe. Companies can join for less but would need to guarantee about 80 cottage nights a year. It’s a hospitality driven network that is geared around travel golf for the most Part. I was thoroughly impressed
What I saw from the pictures during shaft up #1 had me considering how could I get to play one of their courses (outside of the Shaft up event, of course)

Is this course easily available to get on? Private? Semi?
Very private. I’m in central VA and there two courses in VA that are damn near impossible to get on. Ballyhack and Kinloch (Basically Augusta of Virginia.). I probably won’t ever play either lol.

I'm surprised at the limited number of tee times each day. All that work to keep those courses in pristine shape and in the food service for so little foot traffic.

Absolutely beautiful location and course…I was very impressed as I followed the event this week.

This place looks amazing. Such a beautiful course. I definitely want to get out there sometime. Really stellar place.

A good friend of mine played it once. He is a scratch handicap and he said it beat him up pretty bad.

Check this video out!

The course looked amazing although my chances of playing are slim to none but enjoyed following the Shaft Up experience.

Well this will be fun again!

I cannot wait to get back here.

I cannot wait to get back here.
Such a beautiful course!! Pet the goat for us! We need to rename him HP.

Mark my words: if I ever have the opportunity I am playing there.

Followup question: what is the role of the goats that live adjacent the 14th geeen?
Periodically they let them out to graze on the course. They only eat the weeds, ivy, etc. in the ditches & all the ravines. Surprisingly they don't touch any of the courses grasses :eek:

I'm glad this thread got bumped. I had the first comment after OP and I remember just following the live thread kind of wishing I had used the ticket on course alone. I couldn't believe a 2nd chance presented itself.

Back