BBQ and Outdoor Cooking Thread

OMG! Bring some to TX! Drool activated!

JM
That could happen Johnny :D
Wrapped and it oven at 225 for 45 minutes then will let it sit for an hour then pull it.

25007f097f86bb21bc7f96fff291ddfd.jpg

All done

8lbs butt is on the smoker, pulled pork for dinner. can't wait. Also have a nice homemade bbq sauce simmering on the stove top.

Ok I searched and don't see anything.

Any one use or research the Pit Barrel Cooker? I came across it looking for a smoker and I am almost sold. Any opinions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8lbs butt is on the smoker, pulled pork for dinner. can't wait. Also have a nice homemade bbq sauce simmering on the stove top.

Should have taken pics, holy man that was good. Always enjoy having my folks come over when the smoker is going.

It looks like we are getting a break in the rain tomorrow afternoon, so I will be firing up the smoker. I went and got a huge rack of ribs that I will be cooking using the 3-2-1 method and using Johnny Trigg's recipe. It's a little sweeter than most, but everyone loves them.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Had to cut the rack in half to fit in the smoker, but got the silver skin removed, got them trimmed and rubbed down and now they'll sit for about an hour and they'll be ready to go on the smoker for the first stage at 225-235 for about 3 hours with heavy smoke.

I normally use cherry for pork, but I am out and too lazy to go get more, so we are going to try apple today and see how that works. It was either that or hickory, and I think that hickory is too strong for ribs.

Today has solidified the fact that when the funds are available, I am going to buy a Bradley digital smoker. It's cold and breezy and keeping the temperature steady is a lot like work. I love smoked food and trying new recipes, but I've got a lot going on all the time and babysitting a smoker makes it difficult to find the time to actually get food done while I'm doing other things.

So, Bradley digital, the lazy man's smoker is on the list. Especially when I can do pulled pork which takes 10-12 hours overnight.

All done. And damn they're good.

Looking good

4f46cb79d8ab08b422dbf35fce3460ef.jpg

Can you be here in an hour? If so, you can have both racks.

I have a real love/hate relationship with this thread

If the weatherman is wrong about this weekend, I'm going to smoke a 15lb turkey.

Can you be here in an hour? If so, you can have both racks.
Fueling the jet now lol.

I went simple tonight
99e7d6ea3ba95fb204a01215eecbd82f.jpg

Grilled oxymoron shrimp w/ a homemade New Orleans BBQ sauce, grilled corn and some slaw. ##stuffed

f8b3ecfd8b114a83db89bee2ebfcf1a0.jpg

aa94715dcb0d02247019de12a0f0c518.jpg

Hahah. Oxymoron shrimp.

Grilled oxymoron shrimp w/ a homemade New Orleans BBQ sauce, grilled corn and some slaw. ##stuffed

Now that looks good. Looks like the jet will be busy tonight lol

Throw some butter, mayo, parmesan cheese and cayenne pepper on that corn for the total victory! Thank me later!

Throw some butter, mayo, parmesan cheese and cayenne pepper on that corn for the total victory! Thank me later!
My wife adds Tony's seasoning, i'm just a butter/salt person. Not sold on mayo on the corn...

My wife adds Tony's seasoning, i'm just a butter/salt person. Not sold on mayo on the corn...

Me neither. Butter, salt and once in a while parmesan works really well.

Grilling some boneless skinless chicken thighs tonight. I'm excited.

BBQ & Smoking Food Thread

BBQ & Smoking Food Thread

3eef8aee8486a8744082b7162790ceb1.jpg

Hello friends

Back