BBQ and Outdoor Cooking Thread

Hands down the best pork chop I have ever eaten. I would gladly pay $24 at a steakhouse for this. Holy cow that was good!

The peaches were just ok. I cut corners because I was rushed and just put a little honey and the simple syrup right on top instead of making the glaze and the flavor didn’t stick.

8fa59719c151903dd790a7d75a5f597f.jpg

1ef12e29628d17e46843ae6581f61125.jpg

Prime NY Strip is in the fridge after adding some Traeger Rub to all sides.
It will be topped with some compound butter I just made of Bleu Cheese, butter, thyme and garlic.

Good luck and don’t forget to take pictures. I’ve never been a bi beef rib fan, but I’ve been watching a lot of BBQ Pitmasters lately and the way they were smoking them they said hey tasted like brisket on a bone and I can definitely get down with that.

Got them on the smoker as I type. These aren't the huge brontosaurus bones you see on tv, just a small rack of beef back bones. It's very hard to get those big bones unless you buy a bunch, believe me I checked, so I have to do with what I can get.

Hey @pkorf check out this rubbed Prime Ny Strip. The rub brought out a near mahogany color.

2e3224b8c2c3358bc7b86163878e5d08.jpg

Hey @pkorf check out this rubbed Prime Ny Strip. The rub brought out a near mahogany color.

Good god!!! Is that one of the new trager rubs? God that looks amazing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You guys do not eff around when it comes to eating/grilling. You should have a food event sometime, screw golf LOL.

That’s a great looking steak, can’t wait to see it when it’s done! I kind of want a steak now...

You guys do not eff around when it comes to eating/grilling. You should have a food event sometime, screw golf LOL.

The food is a big part of any THP event! It’s always just as good as the golf and why the events are so much more than just golf. You’ll see when if these days:)

This thread is torture for those of us who live in apartments and can't have grills/smokers..keep it coming!

JB, that steak looks like it is going to be fantastic.

Good god!!! Is that one of the new trager rubs? God that looks amazing

Yes sir. Decided to let the rub sit until tomorrow.

Good luck and don’t forget to take pictures. I’ve never been a bi beef rib fan, but I’ve been watching a lot of BBQ Pitmasters lately and the way they were smoking them they said hey tasted like brisket on a bone and I can definitely get down with that.

https://www.thehackersparadise.com/...attachmentid=34461&d=1533424864&thumb=1&stc=1

https://www.thehackersparadise.com/...attachmentid=34460&d=1533424804&thumb=1&stc=1

The top is about half way through the bottom is the finished product. BB on top and beef on the bottom.

Looking good there.

Ok JB and GG, Trarger or Silverback? I can't decide but I'm ready to get smoking. Do you have a real preference?

Ok JB and GG, Trarger or Silverback? I can't decide but I'm ready to get smoking. Do you have a real preference?

Dollar for dollar I think SilverBac. Double wall insulation is real and it costs less. Especially if they still have gen 1 units on sale.

Both cook similarly and we like both. The other thought is if you want to buy locally that would limit you of course since Grilla is not available in retail.

Dollar for dollar I think SilverBac. Double wall insulation is real and it costs less. Especially if they still have gen 1 units on sale.

Both cook similarly and we like both. The other thought is if you want to buy locally that would limit you of course since Grilla is not available in retail.
That's how I was leaning. Especially in Western NY, the double wall would be a real benefit in colder months.

That's how I was leaning. Especially in Western NY, the double wall would be a real benefit in colder months.

Either way both companies offer blankets for extreme cold. The Renegade Pro Traeger TV deal is a great deal for the package but it is smaller than our Grilla.

Either way both companies offer blankets for extreme cold. The Renegade Pro Traeger TV deal is a great deal for the package but it is smaller than our Grilla.

Hard to ignore the double walled construction....especially anywhere both of Georgia.

I need some info on that steak later today

It turned out amazing. I whipped up some blue cheese compound butter for the top and this thing was delicious.

b6c644e7751cc9ed61ce5c7936123d63.jpg

Trager rubs pretty damn good...?

I think they are solid. I like some of the artisan ones more, but still good.

What JB said. I love the Traeger, but it still bothers me that dollar for dollar there are better units on the market, or maybe better isn't the right word, but units like the Griller where you get more or higher quality for the same amount of money, sometimes even cheaper.

I have tried 3 of their rubs so far and they have all been great. I highly recommend them.

Im hosting a end of summer BBQ for my cub scout pack saturday. Gonna be grilling chicken and hot dogs. Im trying to decide on taking the easy way out and using the gas bbq or breaking out the fire pit and cooking over red oak...

Haha. This made me laugh.

DkE6TlAW0AAWdit.jpg

I’m still laughing about this one.....
7b2ad81f9c1787d2ffc6262122e564b6.jpg

Back