BBQ and Outdoor Cooking Thread

I am already sold on my Traeger. Best prime rib I have ever cooked. Forgot take pictures as I was running late to my sisters. Lots of turkey left over prime rib was all gone.
I did it at 225 to internal temp of of 120. Then moved it to gas grill at 700 degrees and seared all sides of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am 100 percent converted to my Traeger now. I honestly thought when I got it I would mainly use it for ribs only. I have done ribs, prime rib, strips, ham, pork chops and meatloaf already all have been excellent. The grill grates are perfect for searing.
This is something I never thought I would say but I am going to retire me BGE

I am 100 percent converted to my Traeger now. I honestly thought when I got it I would mainly use it for ribs only. I have done ribs, prime rib, strips, ham, pork chops and meatloaf already all have been excellent. The grill grates are perfect for searing.

I can't claim “I told you so” cuz I didn’t. But I’m really not surprised. Totally loving my pellet grill.

Last edited:
Love my pellet grill also, but I haven't explored everything mainly due to the time factor

We sold our Kamado Joe within a month of getting the Grilla. We never used it, the pellet grill really does do everything you need.

I have been exploring pellet grills for a while. My Dad has a traeger that has turned everything out great. The one draw back I see is that you don't/can't get that good flame char crust.

I have been exploring pellet grills for a while. My Dad has a traeger that has turned everything out great. The one draw back I see is that you don't/can't get that good flame char crust.

GrillGrates help a ton with that. It's been mentioned many times in this thread, here is a link to there website https://www.grillgrate.com

Does anyone here have a good recommendation for a bluetooth meat thermometer for grilling? The one I got as a wedding gift frankly sucks.

I am tired of having to babysit stuff on the grill.

Thanks

Does anyone here have a good recommendation for a bluetooth meat thermometer for grilling? The one I got as a wedding gift frankly sucks.

I am tired of having to babysit stuff on the grill.

Thanks

Meater, it's hands down the best I have tried and I have tried quite a few https://store-us.meater.com

Thanks Morgan.

I almost just @ed you because I knew you would have something :)

Happy to help. Get the extended range too, it's worth it. I. have the block now, but before I got the block, I had the single and I connected it to an old tablet and then I could go anywhere around town and just check my phone and still get the temp with the cloud. It's the best device I have found to date.

Happy to help. Get the extended range too, it's worth it. I. have the block now, but before I got the block, I had the single and I connected it to an old tablet and then I could go anywhere around town and just check my phone and still get the temp with the cloud. It's the best device I have found to date.

Already ordered it haha! Thanks again, cannot wait to report back

I second what GG said. The grill gates work great. They add 150 degrees so you can get it to 600 which is plenty high to sear

I love the pellet grill. I still have my natural gas grill that I use for searing, but it is mostly for convenience. My Traeger and cast iron grates can get plenty hot, but I can have the natural gas 700 degrees in minutes and go straight from 180 degree smoking to searing without preheating the Traeger.

My old kettle charcoal grill hasn’t been used in over a year. I mostly use it as a shelf to store grates when not in use.

We ordered the new Weber Smokefire pellet grill today as sort of a Christmas present for the family. I've been without a true smoker since we moved from California 18 months ago so this was long overdue. Lowe's is estimating January 10th delivery so I'll be experimenting with this new grill in some cold weather soon enough.

We ordered the new Weber Smokefire pellet grill today as sort of a Christmas present for the family. I've been without a true smoker since we moved from California 18 months ago so this was long overdue. Lowe's is estimating January 10th delivery so I'll be experimenting with this new grill in some cold weather soon enough.

That is pretty much exactly what I would want! (y)

That is pretty much exactly what I would want! (y)

Everything I've read has been positive and I love the fact that it will get to 600* which according to the reviews, makes it effective for searing steaks. It will be interesting because I've never had a WiFi-enabled grill that lets you control it from your phone. I imagine dropping 20 pounds of baby backs into the Smokefire and then heading to the course for a round of golf and being able to control/monitor it from my phone. :)

I have fond memories of cooking on a Weber since my dad first showed me how on his classic kettle grill 45 years ago. I have two of their Summit 670 grills, one of which has been sitting outside uncovered for 10 years and still looks and functions perfectly. The only cost other than propane has been replacing the knobs about once for $35 because the California sun faded the plastic after 7 years.

Everything I've read has been positive and I love the fact that it will get to 600* which according to the reviews, makes it effective for searing steaks. It will be interesting because I've never had a WiFi-enabled grill that lets you control it from your phone. I imagine dropping 20 pounds of baby backs into the Smokefire and then heading to the course for a round of golf and being able to control/monitor it from my phone. :)

I have fond memories of cooking on a Weber since my dad first showed me how on his classic kettle grill 45 years ago. I have two of their Summit 670 grills, one of which has been sitting outside uncovered for 10 years and still looks and functions perfectly. The only cost other than propane has been replacing the knobs about once for $35 because the California sun faded the plastic after 7 years.

Everything looks great. Except the price... ? haha.

Side question, How do you have a name of Tahoebum but location of MN and FL?? haha. I only ask because I live in Reno and Tahoe is my backyard.

Totally understand, I wasn't calling you out, I was just saying many in here have talked about it, and we all have the same feedback, that Grill Grates are, for lack of a better word, great.

I didn't think you were. I appreciate the response.

Everything looks great. Except the price... ? haha.

Side question, How do you have a name of Tahoebum but location of MN and FL?? haha. I only ask because I live in Reno and Tahoe is my backyard.

Good question. I lived in El Dorado Hills CA from 1998 through 2018 and my sales region covered Reno/Lake Tahoe and Sacramento. We had a lakefront condo in Kings Beach and I skied about 45 days each year in the Tahoe basin and we also spent a lot of our summer days at the lake. My kids are 22, 19, and 14 so they basically grew up with most of their vacations at Lake Tahoe. Lot's of great memories!

Screen Shot 2019-12-06 at 9.58.26 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-12-06 at 9.55.24 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-12-06 at 9.52.38 AM.png We had a

Good question. I lived in El Dorado Hills CA from 1998 through 2018 and my sales region covered Reno/Lake Tahoe and Sacramento. We had a lakefront condo in Kings Beach and I skied about 45 days each year in the Tahoe basin and we also spent a lot of our summer days at the lake. My kids are 22, 19, and 14 so they basically grew up with most of their vacations at Lake Tahoe. Lot's of great memories!

View attachment 8917823View attachment 8917824View attachment 8917825 We had a

love kings beach.. thanks, Tahoe really is pretty amazing.

Back