BBQ and Outdoor Cooking Thread

We love trying different ones and usually have about 20 in our cabinet. Killer Hogs being our go to for so many things, but found some incredible stuff as of late.

Do you find in store or order online? Not a rub per say but I bought what appeared to be a homemade Montreal steak/chop seasoning from the butcher shop and it tasted like chili powder, it was terrible. At least the Montreal steak seasoning from McCormick is decent haha.

Do you find in store or order online? Not a rub per say but I bought what appeared to be a homemade Montreal steak/chop seasoning from the butcher shop and it tasted like chili powder, it was terrible. At least the Montreal steak seasoning from McCormick is decent haha.

We have done both. We are fortunate enough to have 3-4 good local BBQ stores around here, but online has some great offerings as well.

All rubbed

58AAAD46-C81C-4E09-A876-E8B403ACBAD1.jpeg

Here is my smoked turkey breast from yesterday. Preparing another on Thursday morning for the rest of the family.012A7E46-CAC0-4662-BCA0-E352E1B6B4DB.jpeg

50C4049D-3C1F-43BA-B686-19F73EE2D93C.jpeg

Nice! I'm in charge of three racks for our family Thanksgiving, I'm excited to do it!

What rubs are you guys favorite right now?

Nice! I'm in charge of three racks for our family Thanksgiving, I'm excited to do it!

What rubs are you guys favorite right now?

For Pork it's Killer Hogs still. It's so versatile, creates awesome color and tastes so good on ribs and pork.

For Pork it's Killer Hogs still. It's so versatile, creates awesome color and tastes so good on ribs and pork.
I'm a big fan of KH right now. I did get some Kosmos to try this week though.

Wow. Do you guys use mustard or anything on the ribs before adding the rub? Do you remove the silverskin too? I'm sure its been mentioned before but I can't remember haha

Yes membrane is always removed (GG is a pro at it). We also use a light layer of yellow mustard before rub.
She has a killer sprayer that she will mist them with apple juice during cook. Then after a couple of hours, she wraps with honey and butter and they are stupid good.

I'm a big fan of KH right now. I did get some Kosmos to try this week though.

We like Kosmos wing dust quite a bit. He is a bit saltier in some of his rubs for my liking, but overall some good stuff.
Recent brand I have really liked on the rub side are Butcher BBQ and Oakridge
For sauce, I have been loving Blues Hog and Swamp Boys

We like Kosmos wing dust quite a bit. He is a bit saltier in some of his rubs for my liking, but overall some good stuff.
Recent brand I have really liked on the rub side are Butcher BBQ and Oakridge
For sauce, I have been loving Blues Hog and Swamp Boys
I'm a die hard Head Country sauce guy. But its an Oklahoma brand and the go to around here.

The new Habanero sauce is aaaaaammmmaaaaazzzziiinnnnnggg

Yes membrane is always removed (GG is a pro at it). We also use a light layer of yellow mustard before rub.
She has a killer sprayer that she will mist them with apple juice during cook. Then after a couple of hours, she wraps with honey and butter and they are stupid good.
This is exactly how I do all mine.

GOT to get that membrane off there!

This is exactly how I do all mine.

GOT to get that membrane off there!

I think a lot of it comes down to the actual ribs too. All ribs will be good, but after trying a few out there, they are not all created equally haha.

The new Habanero sauce is aaaaaammmmaaaaazzzziiinnnnnggg

I saw it in the store last week, but haven't tried it yet. Soooooon!

I saw it in the store last week, but haven't tried it yet. Soooooon!
It is fantastic.

Head Country over all for me.

That's a sweet mister.

Three racks, three different runs today. Old faithful in Killer Hogs and then the other 2 to test.

View attachment 8916142

You might find the Dominator has too much of a cinnamon taste. Their Secret Weapon is a fantastic rub on pork and is my go to.

Another spritz and they are looking good.

B67E8FC0-2001-4186-8F9E-128E2558721F.jpeg

Wrapping time. Brown Sugar and butter down

CBA298D2-2907-4578-B740-B744B41B257B.jpeg

Omg these are good

6ABF4A83-BFFA-4ED7-8D95-439A7C64F06C.jpeg

Golfergal killed it was its these. Sliced since we have company, but the Iberico are insane.
7C80CD89-EF00-4F24-8980-A57AAD84BC01.jpegEE55E3B0-462A-4A74-8E7A-B5AA8B078E19.jpeg

@JB What did you think of the Oakridge?

Back