Beginner From the Suburbs of Philly

:wavey: :welcome:

Welcome to THP!

Welcome from southern NJ.

Go play. If you're worried about slowing others down, just pick up your ball when you hit a rough patch and drop it near our buddies. Don't worry about scores. Practice your pitching and putting. That's where you'll spend most time anyway. And as others have said, try an executive course, or short course like Kresson in Cherry Hill, NJ.

Have fun.

Welcome to THP. You can always pick up and step to the side and let faster players through, then when they have gone just drop and carry on. Just remember we all started somewhere and there is nothing better than playing on the course with mates and having fun.

Welcome to THP!

welcome home! you will enjoey THP, but you will enjoy golf even more!

to answer tyour question, ready is a very subjective word. Everybody can play ona golf course, but if you are not so confident, i would'nt suggest going during prime times, try to go in the more quiet times. also, for the first few round, you gotta take that ego out of the equation and focus on learning the etiquette and the pace of play, rather than the swing. once you get used to that, everything will come along easily.

Welcome to THP!

Get out there and play! No matter what you shoot, have a good time! Welcome!

welcome! There are plenty of beginner courses around. Maybe start with par3 course or something. let me know if you need more info.

Thanks everyone, I'm quite excited and will be going out soon I hope. I'm sure I'll have a great time. I gotta do a quick search on the forums/google for golf etiquette now.

Thanks everyone, I'm quite excited and will be going out soon I hope. I'm sure I'll have a great time. I gotta do a quick search on the forums/google for golf etiquette now.

Here is a good start: http://www.usga.org/etiquette/tips/Golf-Etiquette-101/

I learned alot of my golf etiquette from going out and playing and asking questions of my playing partners. We have all been beginners at some point. Dont be afraid. Hopefully you can get out with some of us THP'ers. We will show you the ropes.

Welcome to THP

Back