Ben Hogan Equalizer Wedges

I like the look of these definitely. Not a bad price point either to have another wedge in the bag. I hear a 56* calling my name

Question to THPers. Do you find with wedges that have some pronounced features, like their V-Sole or are new to the market, not being able to test them, does price override that?

Question to THPers. Do you find with wedges that have some pronounced features, like their V-Sole or are new to the market, not being able to test them, does price override that?

I read that they're doing a demo program to try out the clubs. I think that will help. I wouldn't buy them without testing them or reading a lot of positive reviews on here.

I definitely need to either test them (preferred, in hand) or at least see some significant reviews before I'd even think about purchasing, despite the price.

I would still be very hesitant to make a move on them without seeing, much less testing, them. The price would have to be about 33% off of what we have seen on new releases for price to make the risk worth it, for me.

Nothing mentioned about bounce, are there options?

Regardless, I like what I'm seeing and I can definitely see myself putting an Equalizer wedge set in my bag.

Because of price, in this case, I'd say yes. At this price point, and after playing the TKs for a while, I'd be willing to purchase without testing. I'm probably the wrong guy to answer though, because I'm already in-tune with the advantages of the V-Sole; I've recently gone back to playing my PTX irons.

I read that they're doing a demo program to try out the clubs. I think that will help. I wouldn't buy them without testing them or reading a lot of positive reviews on here.

They have in the past and it was amazingly simple and flawless so with something new in their lineup I would imagine they will again. They are still offering it with some of their clubs.

Yes, it kind of does. I have limited ability to demo wedges anyways. I can hit full shots off a mat, but that doesn't tell me too much turf interraction or how the wedge performs in the sand. If the wedge has technologies I'm already familiar with - VSole and mass behind the strike zone - I would be willing try buy without demo'ing due to price.

I would still be very hesitant to make a move on them without seeing, much less testing, them. The price would have to be about 33% off of what we have seen on new releases for price to make the risk worth it, for me.
At $100 a club aren't they there?

and for $100 a club (actually less now) I'll just buy another RTX-3

It's a definite "sort of" for me. I'm a little hesitant to buy a set but I pre-ordered the 52*.

At $100 a club aren't they at there?
Glad someone caught that. Still, at their price (which is not unreasonable at all), it's around a RTX3 and I know which one I'd go with right now.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Ben Hogan Equalizer Wedges

Wedges in my mind are much different in this sense because I'm not able to effectively test a wedge in a retail store and there are no outdoor demos in my area. They are the one club I would be more likely to buy blind and at this price point it's very tempting, especially considering they are a Forged offering.

Yes, IF I could get a DG shaft in it.

Yes. Provided there are features that I am interested in and if there are good reviews from THP.

I pre-ordered without testing because the TKs had a good rep, but were a bit small IMO. These look great & I like supporting a small brand.

Very good looking!

and for $100 a club (actually less now) I'll just buy another RTX-3

100 out of 100 times for me. Seems like some folks are just buying because of the price tag. Ala Bombtech.

Not too many forged wedges come at this price. If the performance is as good as the price, this would be a steal. Very tempted.

100 out of 100 times for me. Seems like some folks are just buying because of the price tag. Ala Bombtech.

The TK wedges were great and the v-sole was very similar to the RTX-3 soles. Bombtech products aren't in the same category as the original wedges and I have no reason to believe this new option would be any different. They seem to be going with all the current wedge tech: v-sole, forged offering, weight/CG distributed by loft/design.

In other words, I wouldn't play the Bombtech but would have no issue buying these. I'm like ArmyGolf and believe there is a lot of value for the money with this offering. Not that there isn't for the RTX-3, but that is nearly a two year old offering and should be down to $100 or less. It would be more fair to compare these to RTX-4's when they are released later this year which will be at $130+.

I pre-ordered based more on past brand success than anything else. The price certainly is such that it wouldn't slow me down going through the process.

Also as it pertains to the RTX-3, my TK15 was better in every way than the RTX3 I bought to replace it. It felt better, it looked better, it was more durable, it was more versatile without giving up anything, and the flight was way more controllable. Hogan gets a bad rap after going bankrupt and screwing over their suppliers and employees (as far as I'm aware), but the products are every bit as good as the very best on the market, at 50-75% of the price.

I pre-ordered based more on past brand success than anything else. The price certainly is such that it wouldn't slow me down going through the process.

Also as it pertains to the RTX-3, my TK15 was better in every way than the RTX3 I bought to replace it. It felt better, it looked better, it was more durable, it was more versatile without giving up anything, and the flight was way more controllable. Hogan gets a bad rap after going bankrupt and screwing over their suppliers and employees (as far as I'm aware), but the products are every bit as good as the very best on the market, at 50-75% of the price.

I would agree their previous products were good. I would say however that this is a different company and the only thing they have in common is they both licensed the same name.

That isn’t to say these are not good, but it’s similar to saying that Nickent with the 4DX and them releasing the new cheap stuff is just as good because of that.

It could be, but it’s definitely different.

I would agree their previous products were good. I would say however that this is a different company and the only thing they have in common is they both licensed the same name.

That isn’t to say these are not good, but it’s similar to saying that Nickent with the 4DX and them releasing the new cheap stuff is just as good because of that.

It could be, but it’s definitely different.
A good point.
It's hard to separate the two companies in my mind, but ultimately it's why I ordered one wedge instead of a set. I already have a backup TK15 57* for when mine wears out since it's been that good for me, and if the Equalizer doesn't do it for me I'll probably grab another TK15 instead.

Modern, throwback kind of vibe...I'm digging them...and that price makes them easy to consider.

Back