Ben Hogan VKTR Hybrids Review Thread

My objective was two fold. 1) bring the ball flight up. I was hitting the V2 quite low. Was only about 15 yards longer than my PTxPro 4-iron. 2) more closely match the feel and trajectory of my irons, which also have the Recoil 780 F4 in them.

I can tell that this is gonna be a great swap. Super feel, smooth swinging, solid, higher ball flight and much longer. Probably 15-20 yard improvement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's awesome to hear! Great club, especially when paired with the right shaft.

I used the 18 degree 5 times today in my round and it was money all day. Each time I hit it, it was dead straight on a rope and set me up perfectly. I was able to use it off the tee on short par 4's and on par 5's setting me up for my approach. Love the confidence I've had with this club so far.

I used the 18 degree 5 times today in my round and it was money all day. Each time I hit it, it was dead straight on a rope and set me up perfectly. I was able to use it off the tee on short par 4's and on par 5's setting me up for my approach. Love the confidence I've had with this club so far.

Me too. Point and shoot. Very solid feel, great ball flight. Sure wish there were other shaft choices for the FWs. Think they’ll sell just a head?

They are awesome clubs and a steal at the price!

I heard the whistle, but this is such a great club!

Hey @JB, I hit these hybrids today and FINALLY heard the whistle! You are correct. If you square the club head, you hear it. That said, these continue to impress me every time I hit them. Super easy to hit, ball gets up quickly and goes. Feel is amazing. I definitely prefer the Ben Hogan VKTR hybrids over my Tour Edge EXS hybrids and CBX Iron-Woods.

Hey @JB, I hit these hybrids today and FINALLY heard the whistle! You are correct. If you square the club head, you hear it. That said, these continue to impress me every time I hit them. Super easy to hit, ball gets up quickly and goes. Feel is amazing. I definitely prefer the Ben Hogan VKTR hybrids over my Tour Edge EXS hybrids and CBX Iron-Woods.

Yeah, when you were coming through open, I dont think the wind gets there. Glad to hear they are working for you still. They are fantastic hybrids if the whistle is okay.

I am pretty sure that Ben Hogan is going to release a new hybrid and a new version of the blade in early 2020

Tough to top the existing version. These are very underrated clubs that perform at a very high level.

I agree. Easily my favorite club from the offering.

Been following this thread a bit since I plan to try one or 2 of these out in 2020 as I love the look and shape. One thing I've been trying to ascertain from the comments but I can't seem to nail it down for sure--which is considered to be the lowest launching/spinning weight configuration? I'm thinking it would have to be either the toe or heel, as the heavy weight would then be both closer to the face than middle back and higher up than the sole?

And now I know why I have never heard it....

These are hands down my favorite club! I was overdrawing them today. I moved the 18g weight from the heel to the back-middle position. Great penetrating ball flight with just a touch of draw. Definitely, not mini-fairway woods or distance monsters, but just legit equipment that replaces your long irons and gap correctly with your irons!

These clubs are so versatile! I hit it off the tee, the fairway, and a fairway bunker today! There isn’t any reason to play a long iron when you can use this hybrid!

Getting a lower, more penetrating ball flight out of these hybrids now. Usually, a little draw too! I have so much confidence with these clubs!

42BCE274-163E-4C96-A0DF-4BFB5B6D0249.jpg

I have the original in 18* with a Recoil ES85 F4 in it and it’s super reliable and accurate. Great ball flight, not too high or low. Love it.

I can’t say enough about how good these hybrids are! Off the tee, the fairway, sand, etc. Great iron replacements. Very easy to hit, especially for their compact size. Feel is great. Ball flight is low-mid with the UST Mamiya V2 shaft. When nothing else is working, I can always rely on this. Also, love the whistle because it means the ball is going long and straight!😆

Pondering the 18

Pondering the 18

I love mine now. Ordered it with the UST V2 which I hated. Way too low trajectory for me. Ordered an ES85 Smacwrap Recoil F4 from Golfworks and installed that. Completely different club. Much higher ball flight, great distance, very consistent direction too.

Teed off on all Par 4/5s today using the 18* VKTR hybrid. Really wanted to focus on being in the fairway off the tee. Mission accomplished! I missed two fairways today. Also, I had 220 into a long par 4. I nailed one off the fair way hit the green and ran off the back edge.

The best review I can ever give these clubs is that they gave me two chances at eagles this evening! 0AB7447E-EFDF-4A7A-B716-BEE1047BE0FC.jpeg00BEC593-992C-4534-ADFB-349DE517ECBA.jpeg

These clubs just flat out excel at what they do! The whistle is definitely prominent, but when it whistles, I know the ball is going straight and far! Just wish they made a 30*!

I have never tried a Ben Hogan hybrid. They look wonderful.

Back