Best College Football Player Ever

I would say Deion Sanders or Bo Jackson. But really hard to choose.

Earl was pre 19i80 but he was a stud.
Post 1980 I don't see how Adrian Peterson is not on the list

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
Wow! Has it been that long already? I'm getting old.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Post 1 was our options? I thought those were JB's choices. Not the end all to the possibilities.

Not how I read it. Why is he adding option to a debate that was had earlier today?

Wow! Has it been that long already? I'm getting old.

I am getting old 2. Even though I am a sooner I loved the Tyler rose earl Campbell and my boy Billy Sims

From the guys listed I say hershal. In college he was the most dominate player I ever watched

Earl was pre 19i80 but he was a stud.
Post 1980 I don't see how Adrian Peterson is not on the list

Petersons freshman year was phenomenal but it was down hill from there, due to injuries, kinda like a reverse Barry Sanders.

I am getting old 2. Even though I am a sooner I loved the Tyler rose earl Campbell and my boy Billy Sims

Was thinking about Billy Sims, he was awesome too.

Petersons freshman year was phenomenal but it was down hill from there, due to injuries, kinda like a reverse Barry Sanders.
Speaking of one year, for one year Marcus depree was by the far the best player I ever saw play. I was at a game he played in and you could see the secondary was scared to death

No mention of Desmond howard?

For my Hawkeye roots I'll say that Nile kinnick has the best Heisman soeech

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Was thinking about Billy Sims, he was awesome too.

My kids got to meet Billy about 5 years ago he is a great guy as well as being an amazing player

What? No Danny Wuerffel on the list for consideration? 4 time SEC champion. Best college player I ever saw, hands down. Walker is 2nd in my book.

Walker edges out Bo in my book, followed by Sanders then Tebow.

As for for the all time argument(s), there are a few fellas that have trophies named after them.

What? No Danny Wuerffel on the list for consideration? 4 time SEC champion. Best college player I ever saw, hands down. Walker is 2nd in my book.
Good catch! I'd swap him for anyone but Herschel Deion or Bo.

Bo knows. I just wish I could have seen him play in person.
Saw him once against the Dolphins in 1990. I was a big Bo Jackson fan, so my dad got his company's box tickets for the game. Low scoring game, and he was sharing duty with Marcus Allen, but it was clear how different they were. It was only a couple months before the hip injury.

Bosworth gets a vote from this homer, but I'd probably go Bo. You open it up to pre-1980 and it's almost all defensive options for me ... Butkus, Lee Roy Selmon, etc.

For one I can remember, Ill vote for Barry Sanders 1988 season when he had 42 touchdowns and something like 2,600 yards. He turned pro the next year and had an equally stellar NFL career. Sanders is the only modern day running back to average 5.0 yards per carry. AP has a chance to equal that but so far Barry is the only one.

Speaking of one year, for one year Marcus depree was by the far the best player I ever saw play. I was at a game he played in and you could see the secondary was scared to death

I agree. In my opinion his freshman year was one of the best seasons by any college player ever.

The 30/30 on him was a damn good watch.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

I have to go with Tebow since that is the guy I saw play most.

Very tough decision to make. So many great players. Some played and were relevant for 3-4 years, some only really played a year or two. Hard to make the determination on who the best was, even if you cut it off at 1980. I instantly go back to Barry Sanders in 88, that was probably on of the best seasons ever, but it was only the one time. Can't go wrong with Hershel or Bo either. The college game was much different back then and the RB was the feature player. For anyone who stayed up late on Saturdays, how can we forget about Marshal Faulk at SDSU? Lesser competition for sure, but he could flat out dominate a game. Charles Woodson is still the only primarily defensive player to win a Heisman. There must be a reason for that, he was damn good on the field.

I'm asking because I honestly don't know. I never watched Deion at FSU, I watched him quite a bit as a cowboy growing up, and know he was a great player. But looking at his stats at FSU, they are good, but not what qualifies as best player ever. I'm sure a big reason his pick numbers were low was because he forced qbs to stay away from him, but surely he isn't the only great corner to get thrown away from.

I've seen his return highlights, and he was obviously electric. But looking at the stats again he was far from a league of his own.

I'm not saying he wasn't, I'm asking what made him the greatest.

I'm asking because I honestly don't know. I never watched Deion at FSU, I watched him quite a bit as a cowboy growing up, and know he was a great player. But looking at his stats at FSU, they are good, but not what qualifies as best player ever. I'm sure a big reason his pick numbers were low was because he forced qbs to stay away from him, but surely he isn't the only great corner to get thrown away from.

I've seen his return highlights, and he was obviously electric. But looking at the stats again he was far from a league of his own.

I'm not saying he wasn't, I'm asking what made him the greatest.

At the time he was viewed as the most feared defensive player in the world and changed game plans dramatically. Then add his returning capabilities.
His speed was unrivaled as was his instinct. He also had a larger than life image that literally changed game plans. He was rarely thrown at, and still made plays. Simply all world and the best defensive player I have seen in college in the last 30 years and there have been some serious great ones.

Its gotta be Hershel

Back