Best Shot Of Your Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
I forgot to post this one my last round, so I'm catching up.

We were on the #1 handicap hole at Quail Ridge. Par 4 with a narrow green from the fairway. I short sided myself with a miss front right. I was in some nasty hard pan with a junk weed right infront of my ball. I opened up my 56º just a little, pinched and spun that sucker to 2 feet for a tap in par.

Sent from my S3 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I had one of the coolest shots I've ever hit today. 390 yard par 4, with water left and short of the green. I hit a 3 iron off the tee that goes left. I'm left with about 160 to the green, but I'm under the trees, hitting off pine straws, with huge trees between me and the green. I've got a cross wind going right to left. I aim my ball about 50 yards right of the green, and just take a big ole rip at an 8 iron, trying hard to draw it and let it ride the wind to the green. You would have sworn Bubba hit the ball the way it turned. Just made a left turn and ended up pin high on the green. I was in shock at first, then I look at Freddie and he had a big old **** eating grin on his face...

Just an awesome shot to hit. I pared the hole.

Not my best shot but the most ridiculous. THe next hole I had 168 to the pin, going strong uphill with the wind to my back. I hit a 9 iron and fly the green... WTF? I had a 4 or 5 hold stretch where I was hitting the ball ridiculous distances. I was hitting the ball farther into the wind then I normally do with no wind.

I had one of the coolest shots I've ever hit today. 390 yard par 4, with water left and short of the green. I hit a 3 iron off the tee that goes left. I'm left with about 160 to the green, but I'm under the trees, hitting off pine straws, with huge trees between me and the green. I've got a cross wind going right to left. I aim my ball about 50 yards right of the green, and just take a big ole rip at an 8 iron, trying hard to draw it and let it ride the wind to the green. You would have sworn Bubba hit the ball the way it turned. Just made a left turn and ended up pin high on the green. I was in shock at first, then I look at Freddie and he had a big old **** eating grin on his face...

Just an awesome shot to hit. I pared the hole.

Not my best shot but the most ridiculous. THe next hole I had 168 to the pin, going strong uphill with the wind to my back. I hit a 9 iron and fly the green... WTF? I had a 4 or 5 hold stretch where I was hitting the ball ridiculous distances. I was hitting the ball farther into the wind then I normally do with no wind.

You had more than 160 and the shot was spectacular. The putt for birdie was as equally as impressive even though it didn't go in

You had more than 160 and the shot was spectacular. The putt for birdie was as equally as impressive even though it didn't go in

Haha, the best part was watching you follow it up with a very similar shot.

I flushed a beauty 280 yard drive to within 8ft of the pin! Knocked her down for my first ever eagle!!!

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk 4

Fourth hole at my local course is a 302 yard par 4 that was playing into a slight breeze today. Nailed my driver and hit it on the front of the green. Easy two putt for my lone birdie of the day.

Best shot of my round was on the par 5 12th. Bombed a drive about 290 in the fairway and had 205 left to the pin, pulled my 5 iron thinking that worst case I miss-hit it and have a nice easy wedge into the pin.
Stepped up and hit probably the most pure long iron I've ever swung in my life. The ball landed pin-high and trickled off the back of the green but I'll NEVER forget how that one felt. Watching the ball do exactly as I visualized and fly exactly as I wanted it to with a 5i in my hands was really a great feeling and something I don't think I've ever experienced.

Played really well today, and my iron play was as though I had cheat mode turned on. After nailing a 7 iron tee off over some tall trees, with a little draw to get over the corner and lay up nicely, I was set up beautifully for my best shot of the day. My PW was working really well, and I was hitting greens as though they were covered in glue. I stepped up ultra confident that I could hit the green which had water on both sides. I proceeded to thin the ball about 200 mph into a mound 5 metres in front of me. This caused the ball to fly up into the air, bounce on the land bridge on the way to the green and roll onto the green about 10 feet from the hole. A two putt par later and I left the hole happy. Sometimes you just need some pure luck...

Was having a rough round but birdied 2 of the last 3 holes. About a 500 yard par 5, decent drive (@260) right to first cut of rough, 3 wood (@230) to fringe, nice lag, birdie tap in.

9i from 145 to a protected pin with only 10ft of green in front and behind the pin. Ball mark was 6in from the pin. You would figure a shot like that would check up a bit but it ended up 8ft past. Missed the birdie though.

Had a really funny shot go down this afternoon. The #8 hole is a short par 4 that plays 337 yards down the hill. There isn't much danger and my playing partners all were hitting driver and they each got very close. I decide to play smart and hit my 4w. I piped it up the right side and I heard it hit the cart path. We get down there and there are two balls just short and one about five paces onto the green. Yep, I hit my 4w off the cart path 325 yards! I could not stop laughing and giving my buddies a hard time that they got out drove by a 4 wood. Even two putted for a birdie, bam!

My best shot tonight came on the 17th hole (my 8th hole). With 120 yards to one of the tougher hole locations, I had to play it to the right side of the hole to stay on the proper tier, so I slowed down the hips and let the ball turn naturally after starting it right of the hole.

It landed right of the hole, but then spun back and left, towards the hole. It was awesome. Left me with a 5 footer I was able to convert for birdie.

It didn't have the best result, but was the most interesting shot of my round. 2nd shot on #10, had somewhere between 115 and 120 yards to a front pin. I decided to hit a soft PW, and it was right at the hole. I figured it would be good....well, it took one bounce on the green and CLANK, it hit the flagstick, and then spun back about 15 feet off of the front of the green! I couldn't believe it, I thought that was pretty bad luck. I got up to the green and looked at my pitchmark, it was 4 inches in front of the hole. I was able to get up and down for par, but I was thinking what could have been, maybe birdie or eagle if it doesn't hit the stick.

Best Shot Of Your Round

Just now on the par 5 7th. Hopkins 58* from 82. Tap in birdie.

7a5e9y6e.jpg

Played a pretty bad round. But on last hole I smashed one with my driver. 303meters long (about 330yards I think) My longest drive ever.

Pulled a 6i on a par 3 way left and ended up to the left of the cart path at the back base if the next tee box (oops). I was 10 yds out from a pretty tall maple tree and 60yds from the pin. I played the ball off my front foot, swung my 59* wedge like hell, & prayed! It cleared the tree and landed 5ft to the right of the pin and stopped dead! My playing partners high fived me on that.

On my iPhone T.. T.. Tapatalking away!

Made around a 40-45 footer for birdie on number 13 today.

M5x counterbalanced is just amazing.

Made around a 40-45 footer for birdie on number 13 today.

M5x counterbalanced is just amazing.

And a nice putt it was.
I would have to say the chip shot on 10 for me. Hit the stick and within give me range.

Played a quick 12 holes a few miles from my house at the local military base course called Redbank Plantation. According to SkyCaddie, 108 yd par 3 #13. Hit a sand wedge right over the flag to about 3 feet. Made the birdie. First hole in one would have been nice though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Dropped a 30 foot putt from the fringe today. My SeeMore was incredible on my front 9 today. Only had 13 putts on the front. Back 9 was a different story.

203 yrds into the wind on the par 5 #7 for my second. Hit a nice fade to 4.5 feet, then drain the eagle putt.

Still jealous of ATLgolfer, he is 100% for eagle on this hole.

Bethpage yellow, hole 4, 151 par 3.
Used a 7 iron and smacked it beautifully. Best feeling shot all round. I over hit the green, but with all the work I have been putting in my game, that shot felt great and gave me a whole new level of confidence.

Had two great shots in my league playoff round this weekend. Chipped in from about 10 feet off the green to win the first hole and set the tone for the match. Then on 8 I hit my 54 to 3 feet from 106 out (pretty solid tail wind), which led to a birdie that won the match for us.

Played two balls on this hole and had some nice chips.
ydu2y7yg.jpg

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Easy choice this time: flop shot over a bunker to a short sided pin. The ball rolled 3 feet past the hole and I made the birdie put.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back