That is a great bag for the price. Closer to $40 with that coupon and its a steal.

That is a great bag for the price. Closer to $40 with that coupon and its a steal.

So what do you think about picking up one of those stiffarms or backbones...worthwhile with this bag?

I don’t use one. Many thpers do. I think it’s more a fear/piece of mind thing. I travel a lot and have never had a club snap.

So what do you think about picking up one of those stiffarms or backbones...worthwhile with this bag?
Moose, I have one you can use for your trip if you'd like.

Great thread...I need a new one, I use an ogio soft bag that usually works great but then AA snapped the head off my brand new epic driver last year. Probably my bad since I didn't remove it but still annoying. Looking for a hard case I think and will look at some of these options. Thanks guys!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Great thread...I need a new one, I use an ogio soft bag that usually works great but then AA snapped the head off my brand new epic driver last year. Probably my bad since I didn't remove it but still annoying. Looking for a hard case I think and will look at some of these options. Thanks guys!

Sorry to hear about your driver. Did you have a Strong Arm or a cut down hockey stick in your travel bag when it happened? IMO, there is no need to use a hard case if a Strong Arm in deployed with a quality soft travel bag.

Sorry to hear about your driver. Did you have a Strong Arm or a cut down hockey stick in your travel bag when it happened? IMO, there is no need to use a hard case if a Strong Arm in deployed with a quality soft travel bag.
No nothing like that, I don't use a travel bag more than a few times a year so really never looked into it. Surprisingly AA paid me list price for it no questions asked so I made money on the deal after a reshaft lol.

No nothing like that, I don't use a travel bag more than a few times a year so really never looked into it. Surprisingly AA paid me list price for it no questions asked so I made money on the deal after a reshaft lol.

Get a Straight Arm, remove heads, and spend some money on a bag - you'll keep the same bag for 10 yrs or so, make it decent. I've used a SM Clubglider for over 5 yrs now... use it on about 6-8 trips per year.

Figured I would revive this thread as yet again, AA decided to break something during my trip to vegas. Some lazy POS couldn't lift my bag on the conveyor properly and broke a leg on my stand bag, see the heavy scrapes and of course broken leg. Needless to say I think I need a hard case.
3e8b35af1885343fd6c6543634af6368.jpg
4b649fd0497a21d3426937c9e2a52598.jpg

Anyone have the travel bags by Bag Boy? Interested in their T-10 model. It has a lot of protection underneath including the hard top so it's like a full length hard case. Interested in protection for stand legs that would be on bottom of bag.

Also AA is paying to replace my ping bag so putting that money into this new travel bag so budget really doesn't matter. Using $20 to fix mine.

It's almost like stealing as long as you can provide a receipt to support claim.
414b6beb02dfe4c81dcb110067cfb41d.jpg

@NTXNoodler, I have that exact bag. I have only used it on a few trips but it has been great. I have had a stand bag and a cart bag, both fit just fine. Several of my friends have these cases. All good reports. Side pockets hold golf shoes. Plenty of room for extra clothing, towels and balls. I have not used a stiff arm. It feels like the hard top protects the clubs pretty good. Best of luck.

Have SKB hard cases. Very durable, has wheels, lock and key. Only negative for me is it’s heavy to wheel around.

I have an SKB hard case and more recently used an OGIO Mutant for the first time. SKB case is for sale now.

With the SKB the protection is second to non but it has its draw backs. It is heavy and does not fit in rental cars very well. It' shape is not pliable obviously so getting it into trunks or tight spaces is sometimes a no go.

The Mutant i used this past week rolled super nice and i didnt have to think twice about how it fit in the back of our small SUV. I also had more room in the Mutant.

Anyone have the travel bags by Bag Boy? Interested in their T-10 model. It has a lot of protection underneath including the hard top so it's like a full length hard case. Interested in protection for stand legs that would be on bottom of bag.

Also AA is paying to replace my ping bag so putting that money into this new travel bag so budget really doesn't matter. Using $20 to fix mine.

It's almost like stealing as long as you can provide a receipt to support claim.
414b6beb02dfe4c81dcb110067cfb41d.jpg

Did you end up getting one? I have one that I like, but want to get rid of in the near future (no problems, just want to upgrade).

I know this is an old post but another vote for Sun Mountain Club Glider with stiff arm. Two or three times a year we travel and the Mrs. would rather haul around the clubs than her TravelPro luggage. It really is effortless because of the wheels. Great lifetime investment...

95LTreN.jpg

I know this is an old post but another vote for Sun Mountain Club Glider with stiff arm. Two or three times a year we travel and the Mrs. would rather haul around the clubs than her TravelPro luggage. It really is effortless because of the wheels. Great lifetime investment...

95LTreN.jpg
I agree. Those extra wheels are really great.

Did you end up getting one? I have one that I like, but want to get rid of in the near future (no problems, just want to upgrade).
I haven't yet, got the check from AA. Just need to head to store. Not sure what else pga SS has.

I just picked up a Club Glider Meridian with my club’s custom logo on it. I’ve wanted one of these since they came out and with a couple long flights coming up in the next 3 weeks, I couldn’t resist. My Club had a better price, $245, than I could get it anywhere else.

Back