Due to the recommendations of this site, the Club Glider was amazing on my trip to AZ last year. So easy to transport around the airport. It can literally be moved with a single finger across an airport. I didn't use any extra arms to protect my clubs or anything and it was perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honestly, best golf related purchase I have ever made. Makes travelling with my clubs a breeze.

I don't trust my clubs in anything buy a SKB hard case.

My Club Glider bag is going on its maiden voyage latter today. I have hight expectations for this travel bag.

My wife's new Meridian as well is departing in 24 hours on its maiden voyage from Toronto to Maui. I was lucky enough to pick up a NIB Meridian for $100 CAD from a fellow who had never used it. After a long airport adventure in Ft. Meyers a couple of years ago and the complaining (valid) from my wife I decided to never experience again and went on a quest to find a Club Glider. Everything is packed up for Maui and wife is tickled with the ease at pulling. I just remove heads of drivers (pack in carry-on) and put in a bit of extra padding in the top and good to go.

I don't trust my clubs in anything buy a SKB hard case.

I tend to agree with you. I read this reply to a review of the Caddy Daddy bag on Amazon and it sold me on a hard case:

Having been a baggage handler I wouldn't suggest putting anything on a bag that would draw attention to it - particularly 'handle gently' or 'fragile'. They know they are golf clubs and already hate them, they don't stack well, they roll off the baggage belt - they just get in the way. Second its not a high paying job and golfers are viewed as wealthy so messing with their stuff is like sticking it to the man. So by putting 'handle gently' or 'fragile' on a bag is just fueling the fire.

Anyway I did my stint in baggage and now need to travel with my clubs so doing my research - if yours survived, even with that label on it, that's more testament to the bag.

Considering that I fly around 80+ flights a year and my luggage makes it to my destination 99+% of the time and my golf bag arrived a day later than I did on 6 of 8 flights last year, I don't think that it was an accident. :bulgy-eyes:

This isn't a bad bonus with SKB:

$1500 Content Coverage Warranty
Offered with all ATA-rated SKB Sports Hard Cases, no registration required. SKB will cover up to $1500 to repair or replace equipment damaged by a commercial airline carrier while secured in one of our ATA-rated cases. If your gear has been damaged on a flight, first file a claim with the airline (SKB recommends keeping copies of all documents related to your claim and taking pictures of damages whenever possible). Once the claim has been settled, submit it and related documents to SKB for review. SKB may provide up to $1500 to cover any outstanding cost above the airline's claim amount. For more information on this warranty program, please contact our customer service department at (800) 654-5992.

Last edited:
Good call. Why take a chance with a soft bag is my thinking.

Took my clubs down to the Bahamas last week to get some golf in while the girls were shopping, spa, etc. Club Glider really does make traveling with clubs as easy as lugging something that size around can be. Generally don't have any issues whatsoever. Great bag as long as you're not set on a hard case.

Came back from our Florida trip last week using the Club Glider bag for the first time. It is EVERYTHING people said it is. This bag provides excellent club protection and the folding wheel stand, IMO sets this bag apart from everything else. I still used my strong arm with it because I'm anal about my clubs, but in all honesty I'm not sure it's necessary with this bag.

Personally I'm not a fan of hard case bags but YMMV.

Came back from our Florida trip last week using the Club Glider bag for the first time. It is EVERYTHING people said it is. This bag provides excellent club protection and the folding wheel stand, IMO sets this bag apart from everything else. I still used my strong arm with it because I'm anal about my clubs, but in all honesty I'm not sure it's necessary with this bag.

Personally I'm not a fan of hard case bags but YMMV.

Yep, it is LEGIT!

Burstproof out, Meridian in. Got tired of fighting to jam everything into the burstproof. My Four5 bag didn't fit in because the oval base, and feet stick way out. The burstproof is absolutely bulletproof, but just too small.

Attachments

• 20170224_221223_resized.jpg
    20170224_221223_resized.jpg
    173.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 20170224_221237_resized.jpg
    20170224_221237_resized.jpg
    205.7 KB · Views: 0
First and most importantly THANK YOU to everyone that posted in this thread. The info sure helped me make a decision on a travel bag.

I recently purchased a Club Glider and just got back from using it for the first time for a trip to Myrtle Beach. Removed the driver head, wrapped the other club heads as others had suggested and the clubs made the trip both ways with no issues. Given the destination (Myrtle Beach) the plane was loaded with golfers and I was the only one with a Club Glider. I watched everyone else drag their bags and having to carry the weight of the clubs while trying to roll the bag. When I ordered it I thought once using this bag in an airport I would never regret spending the money, and boy was I right. After dragging the clubs and my suitcase across Philly airport I sure was grateful I had this bag and just wheeled it along with no effort. Great purchase for sure.

Last edited:
First and most importantly THANK YOU to everyone that posted in this thread. The info sure helped me make a decision on a travel bag.

I recently purchased a Club Glider and just got back from using it for the first time for a trip to Myrtle Beach. Removed the driver head, wrapped the other clubs as others had suggested and the clubs made the trip both ways with no issues. Given the destination (Myrtle Beach) the plane was loaded with golfers and I was the only one with a Club Glider. I watched everyone else drag their bags and having to carry the weight of the clubs while trying to roll the bag. When I ordered it I thought once dragging the clubs I would never regret spending the money, and boy was I right. After dragging the clubs and my suitcase across Philly airport I sure was grateful I had this bag and just wheeled it along with no effort. Great purchase for sure.

The stand wheels is what really sets this bag apart from all others. Simply a joy to use.

I recently purchased a Club Glider and just got back from using it for the first time for a trip to Myrtle Beach. Removed the driver head, wrapped the other clubs as others had suggested and the clubs made the trip both ways with no issues. Given the destination (Myrtle Beach) the plane was loaded with golfers and I was the only one with a Club Glider. I watched everyone else drag their bags and having to carry the weight of the clubs while trying to roll the bag. When I ordered it I thought once dragging the clubs I would never regret spending the money, and boy was I right. After dragging the clubs and my suitcase across Philly airport I sure was grateful I had this bag and just wheeled it along with no effort. Great purchase for sure.
im so happy to see this feedback. I hesitated a good bit over the added expense. Hopefully I share your view that it's worth it when I use it for the first time next month.

im so happy to see this feedback. I hesitated a good bit over the added expense. Hopefully I share your view that it's worth it when I use it for the first time next month.
You will.

You will.

For sure. Knowing I have this bag, I've got no worries about my upcoming trip to Austin! So easy to get through the airport and into the hotel.

Like you I hesitated with the extra cost of the Club Glider. For me the deciding factors were all of the comments in this thread plus I thought I would never complain about the extra cost while using the CG, but I sure could see myself regretting not spending the extra while dragging some other brand travel bag through the airport.

Oddly enough on the flight out of Philly, I was going out of terminal B. The only available parking was in terminal E, a significant distance away. I sure was happy I had the CG! Wheeled that sucker through 4 terminals with ease. No regrets at all! :clapp:

Looks like ClubGlider is the way to go. Thought I'd research bags in preparation for the 2018 Hand Crafted Experience.

Looks like ClubGlider is the way to go. Thought I'd research bags in preparation for the 2018 Hand Crafted Experience.

I don't regret the purchase of mine one bit.

Like you I hesitated with the extra cost of the Club Glider. For me the deciding factors were all of the comments in this thread plus I thought I would never complain about the extra cost while using the CG, but I sure could see myself regretting not spending the extra while dragging some other brand travel bag through the airport.

Oddly enough on the flight out of Philly, I was going out of terminal B. The only available parking was in terminal E, a significant distance away. I sure was happy I had the CG! Wheeled that sucker through 4 terminals with ease. No regrets at all! :clapp:

I 100% agree that CG is way to go, can't remember where I was with my wife, she had the Club Glider and I had my Ogio and after about a kilometre walk, my arms were burning and my wife was feeling no pain. Guess what travel bag comes with me when I travel solo? No- brainer, worth every penny.

Recommendations for hard case or soft travel bags, pros and cons of each?
I will be in the market for one very soon :)

Sun Mountain Club Glider (consists of various models) - going through airports takes one finger to guide this bag - it just glides. It's hard case on half the bottom side where the wheels are hidden until you pull them out when needed to glide. The soft case is made of sturdy material - I've had mine for 5 yrs - looks great. Get a Stiff Arm.

Sun Mountain Club Glider (consists of various models) - going through airports takes one finger to guide this bag - it just glides. It's hard case on half the bottom side where the wheels are hidden until you pull them out when needed to glide. The soft case is made of sturdy material - I've had mine for 5 yrs - looks great. Get a Stiff Arm.

Completely agree on a Stiff Arm. A Shaft broke about 7 years ago and I was so disappointed. As I pack tonight for a trip tomorrow i feel it’s the most important part of the process.
c0fa6d48647dac426af0a4c311ad41e7.jpg

I've owned both the Last Bag and the Club Glider, and know other people who have owned both -- they are using the Club Glider.

Club Glider. This may be the only category of gear in golf where there truly is one best option.

Club Glider. This may be the only category of gear in golf where there truly is one best option.

I’m starting to amend my answer on this one as a user. I have had two wheels on two different bags break. Fixable though.

I really enjoy the system, but I have explored options as of late.

Back