gmiller598

Par 3 Net Zero
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I'm looking into getting some sort of travel bag. I see a lot of people recommend a soft bag with a stiff arm over a hard case but which soft case do people feel is the best? I seem to see some good things about the Club Glove Burstproof. What other recommendations do people have?

Club Glider.
And its not close.
I dont use a stiff arm and never have, and never had an issue.
I detach the heads that can come off.

Amother vote for ClubGlider. Used to have the ClubGlove and as good as it is, it was very unstable standing up and tough to maneuver at times.

Tje ClubGlider has all the same protection and the pop out legs make it much easier or stand and pack.

Clubglider and its not remoooooooooooooooooooootely close. Not at all.

Clubglider and its not remoooooooooooooooooooootely close. Not at all.
Seeing how easily you were rolling yours to and from the parking lot at PGA National last year, while I fought with the ClubGlove was all the proof I needed!!

Another vote for the Club Glider!

Club Glider.
And its not close.
I dont use a stiff arm and never have, and never had an issue.
I detach the heads that can come off.

I have a club glider (Sun Mountain is the brand if you aren't familiar with it) and couldn't recommend it higher. I have the stiff arm from back before all wood heads were removable (still have one or two that aren't).

Most times I get comments/questions about the club glider asking what brand it is and where to pick one up, very cool design that makes it so much easier to travel with my clubs.

Well, this sounds pretty unanimous! Thanks for the input. I'll have to look into getting one of these.

The Sun Mountain Clubglider appears to be the recommended choice.

But what model is recommended (Journey, Meridian, or Tour Series)?

I believe THP (I think it was Jman) reviewed the Tour series, and I am sure it is awesome. I have the Journey as I found it for a great deal (under US$ 100 delivered). The quality of the materials goes up as the price does, so depends on how much you will use yours. As I travel for golf only 3-4 times max/year the Journey suits my needs. If you fly with them quite a bit would probably be worth going for the tour.

I have and most people I believe have the Meridian.

I use my father in law's extra hard case. I tried to use a soft case and the airline said they would not cover it if anything happened with a soft case. Anyone else encounter this?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I use my father in law's extra hard case. I tried to use a soft case and the airline said they would not cover it if anything happened with a soft case. Anyone else encounter this?

They dont cover any damage but still cover if its lost

They don't cover damage, only lost clubs, but as someone who travels for a living and has brought his clubs on dozens of trips, I have never had an issue with my clubs being damaged in a soft case.

+1 for the Club Glider as well, I used it with a Stiff Arm just to be on the safe side and it worked flawlessly. I did detach my driver head off the shaft to be safe, I even had a random person at the airport ask me what bag I was using b/c she thought it was awesome.

Club Glider here as well, easily the best I've ever used. Better to spend a little more once than have to replace each year which I did until the Club Glider came into my life.

I actually own the Journey (got a great deal on it), which I believe is a step down from the Meridian but is def. more than adequate for travel.

For those who travel with the ClubGlider, how have your experiences been with checking it? Specifically from American Airlines if applicable?

I weighed by bag on a scale at home and it says it is 28.4 lbs. the ClubGlider is 11.3 lbs on the Sun Mountain specs. American Airlines charge extra baggage fees for bags over 50 lbs and over 62".

In theory I believe it should meet the specs of of standard checked bag but I figured I'd check on the experiences of others here who may have had the airlines charge them extra fees, etc.

Edit: nevermind, I think I found my answer in the details on the AA website. The oversize bag fee is L+W+H > 63". The Clubglider is basically 78" using that math.

Never been charged extra and always make weight with usually 17 or so clubs in the bag.

I've never topped 34 lbs and I usually go fully loaded. SWA has 50 lbs limit I believe

Use mine frequently. 8n fact just last week to Vegas. Never an issue with weight. Always under limit and never been charged a fee. I usually load mine up pretty good with clubs shoes clothes.

Back