Better Late Than Never!

sl1111

Reaction score
Handicap
6.2 GHIN
Checking in from San Diego. My first post here was back in 2011 but I never introduced myself. I rarely post but I am a rabid lurker, I can usually find what I need through the search function. I figured it was well beyond time to engage and start sharing more.

So today I joined the Albatross Club and will attempt to be productive part of this community!!!!

I live in North San Diego County and work in Orange County. I am a member at Pala Mesa in Fallbrook and am averaging 3 to 4 rounds a week. My current index is 8.1 trending to a 7.5
I also am a hobbyist club builder and do work for friends and family so my bag is in constant flux!!!

As a side note, I recently started carrying a short set of 8 clubs in a Sunday bag and walking. I shot an 80 on my first round using the "half set" and have improved steadily since. I have now shot below 80 multiple times and my last 2 round were 76 and 73. I haven't found the half set to be detrimental and it forces shot making. It also frees you up as sometimes you just don't have the right club and you just go with what feels right. Walking and shot making have actually been very liberating to my game. Set make up has been Driver, 3hyb,5,7,9,GW, 56, and putter.

I look forward to being here and participating!!!!

Welcome to THP. Finally!

Great! Another San Diego resident. Happy to have you posting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome fellow Californian!

Well then Welcome back to THP! Look forward to you joining in the community!

Welcome to THP

Welcome to THP

Welcome

Welcome!

:welcome:

Welcome to THP!!

Welcome to THP!!

Welcome!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP

Welcome from Chicago. I just found this board and joined this week. Love it so far.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Welcome to thp

Welcome to THP!

:welcome:

Welcome to THP!

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Welcome to THP!!

Hello and welcome (back)! I like the 8 club idea a lot.

Back