Big Max Blade Push Cart Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
I worry about the durability but if I didn't just get a clicgear this would get a look.

Great first thoughts Ryan. I don't walk a ton & have toyed with the idea of picking up a push cart to make walking easier. I will be following along for tie on course thoughts.

I currently use a Clicgear but this one would be interesting for the future. Nice write up!

Thanks for the spotlight Hawk. LOVE how small this folds down as my Clicgear takes up a good bit of trunk space. Seems to have 1-2 more steps to open and close but not too bad. Backed by a longstanding company and the upright bag is a good thing (I put the tour adapter on my Clicgear to achieve the same thing.

Looking forward to the durability thoughts.

Great write up Hawk! I love how small it gets when folded up. I have a pretty small SUV and currently game a Clicgear so it takes up a fair chunk of real estate when I bring it along.

Looks pretty cool, I like the small footprint when folded, though I haven't used a push cart in like 20 years and honestly around here I don't see anyone else using them either.

I worry about the durability but if I didn't just get a clicgear this would get a look.

Any reason in particular that you worry about it?

I have no indication either way, other than the frame being quite heavy duty, but I'll be keeping a close eye on it. Five year warranty is definitely reassuring.

Looks pretty cool, I like the small footprint when folded, though I haven't used a push cart in like 20 years and honestly around here I don't see anyone else using them either.

No push carts? Michigan is a strange, strange place.

(I can say that since I lived there :angel:)

Any reason in particular that you worry about it?

I have no indication either way, other than the frame being quite heavy duty, but I'll be keeping a close eye on it. Five year warranty is definitely reassuring.

The warranty is reassuring. I guess it looks really lightweight and the tubes seem to have a small diameter. For example I can feel the heft in my clicgear so I know it can take a beating but I just don't see it with this.

I think you'd have to see it in person, but it's almost 15lbs. Very sturdy in hand for sure. Not making any conclusions based on that of course, but it's not really lightweight.

Compared to something like the Sun Mountain cart I reviewed a few years back (which was a durability nightmare) it's substantially sturdier at first glance.

No push carts? Michigan is a strange, strange place.

(I can say that since I lived there :angel:)

Haha, yes yes it is. I guess we are all lazy. Last time I didn't use a cart was in High School when we had to walk. And if I was going to walk I'd carry my bag honestly.

I have just had a quick look at the price of that over here and it is more expensive than the Clicgear so I would be interested to hear about comparisons between the 2 and if it is worth the extra as I have had my eye on the Clicgear as a replacement when my current one gives up on me, but if this is worth the extra then I may pick one of these up instead

Best feature to me is the upright position it holds the bag in. Should make it much easier to retrieve & replace clubs.

I've put a lot of miles on my old push cart. Maybe it's time for a change.

Really like how it folds up. Looks very compact.

Good start Hawk, any concerns that it would tip on side hill treks with the bag being so upright?

I think you'd have to see it in person, but it's almost 15lbs. Very sturdy in hand for sure. Not making any conclusions based on that of course, but it's not really lightweight.

Compared to something like the Sun Mountain cart I reviewed a few years back (which was a durability nightmare) it's substantially sturdier at first glance.

Having just decided to get a new cart because my Micro Cart has frustrated me to no end as it is breaking down, it was between this, the clicgear 3.5 and the bag boy Triswivel. I decided to try the Triswivel, and should be able to check it out today but the size this folds down to really makes me wonder if I made the right choice.... having a hatchback means space is limited in my car, so this would have been nice.

Thanks for the good review, will be checking back on this as the weeks go along.

Good start Hawk, any concerns that it would tip on side hill treks with the bag being so upright?

Seems very stable to me so far, though I've tipped them all at some point.

Having just decided to get a new cart because my Micro Cart has frustrated me to no end as it is breaking down, it was between this, the clicgear 3.5 and the bag boy Triswivel. I decided to try the Triswivel, and should be able to check it out today but the size this folds down to really makes me wonder if I made the right choice.... having a hatchback means space is limited in my car, so this would have been nice.

Thanks for the good review, will be checking back on this as the weeks go along.

Man I'm still annoyed by that Micro Cart and it's been almost three years now.

Seems very stable to me so far, though I've tipped them all at some point.

Man I'm still annoyed by that Micro Cart and it's been almost three years now.

Dude, I just got back from walking 72 @ Bandon Dunes in 2 days... the brake was sticking, scraping and the handle wouldn't stay at the same height... by the last round I almost carried my cart bag because I was so frustrated. It was a gift from my wife so I tried to suck it up, but no longer!

Great work Ryan!

It looks like that cart folds up thin. Does anyone know if it'll fit onto the back shelf of a late 2000's (like 2008-2010) Corvette? Will a set of golf clubs or two even fit in a Corvette? Looking to pick a 'vette up in a few years but don't know if it'll hold golf clubs or not. I'm thinking it won't.

I believe one of the criteria of every new generation of Corvette is that they be able to fit two golf bags. Throw a cart into the mix and I can't tell ya.

Warranty, longstanding company makes for good vibes. My bag boy is 2 years old and is nowhere needing replacing but having something smaller is a nice option

Great write up.

Wow that thing folds up small and I have always liked the foot brake. This is the first cart I have seen that could rival the Clicgear. Look forward to your thoughts with it on the course.

Used this yesterday on the course for the first time.

Setup and tear down:

Quick to get out of the carrying case, though at this point I'll probably quit using it. Just one step at the end of the round that is probably unnecessary. I hadn't touched the push cart since I wrote the article, so was hoping I remembered how to put it together. Luckily, as noted in the article, it is very easy. Took seconds to get it rolling. Though they aren't unique to this cart, the elastic bands that hold the bag in are so helpful. I've had carts without those and they make a big difference in how secure the bag stays during use.

Tear down is exactly the opposite of setup, so again - done is seconds. I love that I can lay it down in my trunk and actully put my bag right on top of it. So compact, which is very appreciated with my recent move from an SUV to a sedan.

Stability, performance, etc:
I'll note again that I like the more-vertical way the bag sits on the cart. I'm not sure that it's the only cart that offers that, but it's the first one I've had that does. Every club in my bag was plainly visible and easy to get in/out.

Nice straight roll out of the box with no adjustments needed. Easy to push, even on a sopping wet course. I like the foam covered handle for hand comfort.

As stable as can be expected. I know I've tipped pretty much every cart I've used, but I also play on some very hilly courses. There was one time on a very extreme hill I chose to walk up (the things I do for testing lol) where it seemed a little unstable, but jeez. If you're walking and parking on that type of hill I don't know what else you'd expect from a top heavy golf bag on a cart. It never tipped though. Just let me know that I needed to find a better angle to park it.

Brakes worked and were convenient. Again, back to the hill. I tested using both one and two brakes at a time and they held. This was a positive considering how wet and soft the grass was. Love (LOVE) the footbreak. Last two carts have had a handbreak and they seem inferior to this one in my mind.

Convenience for everything except setup:

This basically just means the accessory tray area. I'm picky there.

I'd like if there was a little net area somewhere, though I think you can buy one separately. Basically to hold my phone, speaker or rangefinder, though again - there are accessories available that will do just that.

I really like the netted drink holder. It has a little elastic band that keeps your beverage secure. Plenty of room for a can of beer in a coozie.

Sad to find out that the accessory tray was too small to fit my Galaxy S4 phone. This was easily the most disappointing thing I encountered. Proabably about 1/8" too short. That said, it did hold my keys and ecig and there was plenty of room left over. I love that it has the little spring loaded button. It easy to press where it's situated and the top pops right open. But, if I can put my phone in there it loses pretty much all that convenience.

The ball and tee holders got use and worked as expected.

Well, since I wasn't enjoying cold beers while carting around yesterday I was able to keep my phone in the drink holder. I know there's a drink holder accessory, so maybe I'll buy that and free up space for the phone. Or there's a GPS/PDA holder that would probably work for my phone if needed I suppose. I know the reaction from some may be 'what do you need your phone out for', but there's many reasons. Some use it for scorekeeping or GPS. Personally, I like to play music. Also, I like to look at my phone a lot - I'm a modern type of fellow.

Is the phrase, "easy enough for a 5 year old to push it" good enough to describe how well it handles it's job? Gotta love having a caddy :)

14c4c271298370f8eccb1657e75a7bc0.jpg

Can't say enough good things about the ease of setup and how small a footprint it takes up in the trunk.

Back