Black Widow Grips

merged with another thread on the same topic.

I can't even look at those, I have a spider issue no way I could play a round of golf with spiders on my grips.

I want to regrip my irons and I have been looking at these. My local shop doesn't have them so I will have to wait til I go back to indianapolis to see if golfsmith or golf galaxy have them so I can see how they feel first. I like the black and red grips for my irons, and depending how it feels I might put the all white one on my r11 driver and rescue.

I want to regrip my irons and I have been looking at these. My local shop doesn't have them so I will have to wait til I go back to indianapolis to see if golfsmith or golf galaxy have them so I can see how they feel first. I like the black and red grips for my irons, and depending how it feels I might put the all white one on my r11 driver and rescue.

Golf Galaxy carries them. I tried out a few last time I was at my local GG.

i got mine at golf galaxy also

i have one of these grips. so far i think it is a slightly better version of a tour velvet. but i am not sure how it will wear.

i really am digging the 2 grips on the right. ive always liked white grips.

The white ones is looking pretty dang good! When it's time for new grips I may have to give these a whirl. Anyone who has used these before write up a review so I can see how everyone feels.

I really like the look of the white grips but I am scared they will get dirty very quickly and then not look as good. My brother in law got a white lamkin grip last year and it was gray by the midway point of last season.

The white ones is looking pretty dang good! When it's time for new grips I may have to give these a whirl. Anyone who has used these before write up a review so I can see how everyone feels.

i think these were reviewed either in this thread or somewhere on the site

If you are talking about the Tour Silk I put the black one on my driver last week, while I can't comment on keeping it clean it is an excellent grip. I wear a medium sized glove and the size without a wrap is perfect, and I really like the feel, it's tacky without being sticky.

I stuck a white tour silk grip (the one on the far right) on my R11 a couple of weeks ago and this weekend it's coming off. I found it got dirty just putting the grip on the club, nevermind when I started playing with it, although its fairly easy to clean. I just don't find it very grippy. Seems quite hide and course to me aand no where near as tacky as my golf pride grips. It's being changed this weekend for a VDR grip.

So i'm looking to re-grip my irons. If you had to choose between the Widow Maker and the GP New Decade which one would you go with based on tackiness and feedback

So i'm looking to re-grip my irons. If you had to choose between the Widow Maker and the GP New Decade which one would you go with based on tackiness and feedback

Im not a huge fan of either for those, because I like a softer grip such as winn. But having said that, I think both grips are very different and because of that come down to personal preference.

They both are muti-compound so they can't be that different can they

Pure Grips, check those out there is a review on here and they have some nice new colors coming out.

I am probably going to re grip later this year too, and I am between those two and the Lamkin Crossline (full cord). the front runner right now is the lamkins, unless there is somewhere I can find the Black Widow Torques (BWs Full cord grip).

Good luck.

I full corded grip is a little to stiff for me. I used tour velvets most of my life but my swing speed has increased and they tend to slip after it starts getting warm outside. I want to get a grip that has about the same feel as tour velvet but has better performance against slippage.

We have these in the proshop and I felt them today and the corded ones feel a lot like the multi-compounds. The one with the half-cord and half rubber grip feels great. I don't know if I'd play them as they are a little too flashy for me but they do look great and feel great.

Which ones are you talking about

I was given a white Fusion II and a black/white Widow Maker at the demo day last week, and I had my first range session with them on a 6i and a 7i. I loved how the Fusion felt, there was no slippage, I was completely comfortable with it in my hand, and I thought it was amazing coming off stock WIlson Staff grips. Once I decide if I really like the looks I will be getting a black set, the white ones will be too high maintenance.

Black Widow grips

Black Widow grips

Have any of you THPers tried Black Widow grips? How is their feel, durability, and gripping power with sweaty hands? GolfSmith has blemished Tour Silks and Signature II for 97cents. I am thinking about trying some.

Mark

Just buy and try it. For that price you cant go wrong.

Back