Black Widow Grips

Thanks JB! I did a search for Black Widow grips, but it didn't show the threads that you replied.

Have any of you THPers tried Black Widow grips? How is their feel, durability, and gripping power with sweaty hands? GolfSmith has blemished Tour Silks and Signature II for 97cents. I am thinking about trying some.

Mark

If you are on FACEBOOK go to their site .. They are giving 1 FREE.....

I replaced my lampkin NDUR with the widow maker on my driver for a little while but i didnt like it,it never felt good and it was slippery when my hands got sweaty. I switched back to the NDUR and it feels much better and has no slippage. I tried the all black edge on my 7-iron when i was looking at new grips for my irons. It was good but not as good as the lampkin 3-gen that i was trying out on my 8-iron so, i went with the 3-gens. The black widows look great tho,i luv the styling and at that price you can afford to try them out,i didnt really like them but,you may luv em.

Have had the Edge on my PW for 3 weeks will be changing all my irons next week like the feel.

I recently re-gripped my Cleveland 588 with a Red/Black Widow Maker and I can say that I love them! My only question left would be, has anyone tried the full cord version (Torques)?

Bulldogs

I put the black/white Widow Maker on my TM 2.0 demo 6 iron. I spilled some mineral spirits on outside of grip and it took pretty much all the paint off on the bottom of the grip. I'll gotten some on MC Decades and never had that problem. To me they feel slicker than MC Decade and not what I would like to feel playing when its so hot and humid. Yes it feels better than TM stock grip on the 2.0 demo iron but I was expecting a little more out of the grip.

I put the black/white Widow Maker on my TM 2.0 demo 6 iron. I spilled some mineral spirits on outside of grip and it took pretty much all the paint off on the bottom of the grip. I'll gotten some on MC Decades and never had that problem. To me they feel slicker than MC Decade and not what I would like to feel playing when its so hot and humid. Yes it feels better than TM stock grip on the 2.0 demo iron but I was expecting a little more out of the grip.

I'm with you. I feel like they are a little more slick than I expected, especially with it being a multi-compound like the NDMC. It feels alright until my hands sweat. I don't know how long it'll last on my R9.

Have read good things about these, has anyone tried the Fusion II grip before?

I'm putting the black and white Widow Makers on my irons and wedges once I get hold of them

I'm putting the black and white Widow Makers on my irons and wedges once I get hold of them

Great Grips. I got a chance to practice with them in the rain on sunday and it was surprising how well they held up. Was very pleased.

I have the widow makers on my irons and like them a lot......but I put pure grips on my wedges and like them better even though they don't look nearly as good.

I just received my shipment of 20 white BW this weekend. Very soft feel can't wait to try them out!

Brought to by iPhone 4 powered by Tapatalk

Great Grips. I got a chance to practice with them in the rain on sunday and it was surprising how well they held up. Was very pleased.

That's good to hear, will update my thoughts once I have all my clubs regripped

Just received the Fusion II grip and they seem decent. Need to get it fitted to a club first before I fully re-grip my irons, though. It seems to have the perfect balance which is pleasing

About a month ago I purchased (20) Tour Silk-white-round grips from GolfSmith for .87 a piece. They said they were slightly blemished. I have look at all twenty and I can't see one thing wrong with them. They have a very soft feel that almost makes you think they wont be tacky when the time comes, Oh contreer mon freer. I played yesterday in the humidlity bowl we call Orlando and went through three gloves but the grips seemed to get tackier as the minutes slipped by. I had no issues what so ever, and I sweat like OJ running from the cops or a coke bottle at a family reunion.
They look really good contrast against the dark blue of my 910F, the red of the my Yonex and the Black of my new shaft in my R9. The irons will get the grips once I put my new shafts into them. I have KBS tours and I waiting for the custom ferrels to arrive.
The grip is standard in size but stretched quit well over three wraps and the but of the shafts, no problems with installation. They clean very easy as well. If you are looking for a new grip might I suggest you give these a try or a grip in the line. I am please with the results to this point.

Just won a Black Widow polo off the facebook page, this is an awesome company that makes great grips!

Just won a Black Widow polo off the facebook page, this is an awesome company that makes great grips!

Lucky! That's gonna be one sweet polo!

Congrats Matt, Same here they are sending me one also.

I just won a set of the fusion II grips and got them in the mail. I have the widow maker on my hybrid and like it, it holds up well in the humidity. I am hesitating to put these fusion I's on my irons til I get some feedback from someone who has tried them. They feel soft which I like, but how do they hold up in wet conditions and on humid days? I just have the stock TaylorMade grips on my MBs that I recently purchased, and those seem to hold up fine for me. I would imagine these would be better than my stock grips, but I just want to be sure before I put them on.

I have widow makers on my irons and love them

tapatalk addict....

Yeah I like the widow makers as well, if I were to have my choice of their grips that's what I would go with but the contest was just for these fusion II grips. I like the look of them a lot, but just want to know about their performance

Well I just dropped my clubs and grips off at the course to have them put on. For some reason I just can't find a lot of feedback on the fusion II's online, so I guess I will just be the test dummy. I will definitely be swinging with them through the winter but I wont know how well they hold up in humidity and wet conditions til next summer. I should be able to get a pretty good idea of their performance in normal temps and conditions though because I have a simulator I can go to, as well as an indoor golf dome driving range nearby.

Back