I'm sorry, I'm confused. You try to get your lower body moving first, but if it gets too far ahead you have problems slicing it? Are you talking left to right slice or right to right slice?

Straight to right slice.... Am I the only one with this issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Straight to right slice.... Am I the only one with this issue?

No. Starts right goes right is my big miss as well.

Sounds like what happens to me if my lower body gets too far ahead and out of sync.

Sounds like what happens to me if my lower body gets too far ahead and out of sync.

Yup. The more disconnected by halves get, the more unpredictable my ballflight becomes.

Blugold v.2015

Yup. The more disconnected by halves get, the more unpredictable my ballflight becomes.

Makes sense to me. If I keep the backswing slow and everything together I usually have a good swing. If I get too much ahead or stay back on my back side too much, I'll hit either a slice or hook. Usually have these issues when the my backswing gets too quick.

I've had a problem at times where my hands outrace the body and it leads to a hook. Last couple times at the range though my lower body has been too far ahead and I get the straight to right or right to right slice. Fixing one thing always seems to break another.

I've had a problem at times where my hands outrace the body and it leads to a hook. Last couple times at the range though my lower body has been too far ahead and I get the straight to right or right to right slice. Fixing one thing always seems to break another.
Depends on what was the cause of the first. What you're fighting is why I tend to dislike the "work with your swing" sort of instruction. I found that it was just a method of teaching compensations

I wish I could tell you that's what I am thinking about. All I was trying to do is set the club on plane, then release it with my body, not my hands.

I know I don't have a lot of wrist cock and I set my wrists very late, I am long as well, but at least I didn't follow the club back with my eyes. So, that's nice.

I also set my wrists late and I'm too long with my backswing, but I wish that my miss was going right. My miss right now is a quick hook, which is awful. Your swing looks much better than mine right now as well.

When I feel like I'm stuck on my right side, I get a hard sweeping hook, but I wasn't sure if it was caused by getting stuck on my right side or not.
This is a common miss, you feel the hang and try to flip it. The hips stop and the arms head left. Hooker city!

Not to thread jack, but what are common misses with not getting off your right foot soon enough?
High slice, pull hooks, straight ball, slight pull, look fade and my fav, a heel shank left

This is a common miss, you feel the hang and try to flip it. The hips stop and the arms head left. Hooker city!
This is my understanding of "getting stuck"

Looking good Blu! You seem to be more on plane during the downswing and not underneath it.

Looking good Blu! You seem to be more on plane during the downswing and not underneath it.
Yup. it's a work in progress.

Solid swing Blu!

Here's a screen capture (from the slow mo) of just after impact and at address. Freddie's right, no surprise, it does seem that you are back on your right foot some, kinda hard too tell without a face on view, but still very solid I think.

Blu,

That is a good looking swing.

Jack

Video to come later, but this position blows my mind. My hips are fully released and facing the target. My right knee is kicked in and pointing at the ball. But my right foot is planted.

11c5b5adf07e6013aa00daf1deb438df.jpg

Looks nice .. Keep on working on matching up the sequence for you . Some need a body first feel others hands and arms first. The photo above looks like some flip going on there. Need more extension at that point

What I have been told to do all winter, but like you I just can't do it yet because of our sequence

Looks great blu! Especially the 3i swing!
Fwiw I don't see a problem with your right foot being on the ground through impact and release, mine is on the ground about the same amount of time yours is. I think that's a more balanced position than the right foot coming up through impact, and granted I'm no swing expert, but there are some that teach that very thing.

Looks great blu! Especially the 3i swing!
Fwiw I don't see a problem with your right foot being on the ground through impact and release, mine is on the ground about the same amount of time yours is. I think that's a more balanced position than the right foot coming up through impact, and granted I'm no swing expert, but there are some that teach that very thing.
The goofy thing with my right foot, while standing with a straight knee, I can spin my foot 180° clockwise. Which means I can turn my hips and right leg counter clockwise without my foot moving.

The goofy thing with my right foot, while standing with a straight knee, I can spin my foot 180° clockwise. Which means I can turn my hips and right leg counter clockwise without my foot moving.

I remember you posting something like that once, that may be an advantage for you. I still think having the right foot on the ground at impact is a good thing.

I remember you posting something like that once, that may be an advantage for you. I still think having the right foot on the ground at impact is a good thing.
I think there are far worse things.

I think there are far worse things.

That's for sure! You could have the nearly irrepressible urge to throw the face of the club at the ball like I do.

Back