Breaking Down the Tech: Tour Edge Exotics EXS Driver

I'm really wanting to see some reviews on this one or be able to take some swings. It looks great, has tons of tech and hits a great price point. It's also a local company to me so I root for them to do well.

Finally got to hit the EXS driver yesterday, along with several other drivers, here are my first impressions:

* Note that I was only able to hit on their driving range, so hitting range rocks, and no data. Also, they only had two stock shafts available, the Tensei CK Blue 2G in 50g R, and 60g S.

First out was the 10.5* head with the 50g R shaft, set up with weights and shaft in the standard positions. I hit R shafts in almost everything (driver swing speed low/mid 90s), but usually struggle with really light weight shafts. I have a naturally low ball flight, and my current drivers are set at 10.5* - 11*. With this EXS setup I was all over the place. I finally adjusted my stance and swing enough to hit some decent shots, but to say I was disappointed would be an understatement. I hit this side-by-side with two other drivers, both with 60g R shafts, and hit those consistently well, with no need to adjust stance or swing.

Next I hit the EXS with the 60g S shaft, otherwise set up the same as before, and oh what a difference! Every shot was low to mid flight, dead straight to very slight fade, and consistent distance. I doubt there was a single shot that would have missed the fairway!​

I really liked this driver once I changed the shaft, not really sure if it was the shaft weight, the stiffer flex, or both, but it was a night and day difference. The look at address is good, as I really like the carbon fiber look of the crown. Sounds good too, but my hearing isn't that good anymore, so I'm fairly tolerant to a clubs sound.

I hit eight different drivers, and the EXS is definitely in the top two or three. The fitter is going to give me a call when they get the whole array of available shafts in, and I'll be going back for a formal fitting, likely to be between the EXS and one or two others.

Perhaps Tour Edge had the OEM soften up the flex of the shaft They did that with the previous GD shafts - I bought my normal R flex BUT needed S flex.

Finally got to hit the EXS driver yesterday, along with several other drivers, here are my first impressions:

* Note that I was only able to hit on their driving range, so hitting range rocks, and no data. Also, they only had two stock shafts available, the Tensei CK Blue 2G in 50g R, and 60g S.

First out was the 10.5* head with the 50g R shaft, set up with weights and shaft in the standard positions. I hit R shafts in almost everything (driver swing speed low/mid 90s), but usually struggle with really light weight shafts. I have a naturally low ball flight, and my current drivers are set at 10.5* - 11*. With this EXS setup I was all over the place. I finally adjusted my stance and swing enough to hit some decent shots, but to say I was disappointed would be an understatement. I hit this side-by-side with two other drivers, both with 60g R shafts, and hit those consistently well, with no need to adjust stance or swing.

Next I hit the EXS with the 60g S shaft, otherwise set up the same as before, and oh what a difference! Every shot was low to mid flight, dead straight to very slight fade, and consistent distance. I doubt there was a single shot that would have missed the fairway!​

I really liked this driver once I changed the shaft, not really sure if it was the shaft weight, the stiffer flex, or both, but it was a night and day difference. The look at address is good, as I really like the carbon fiber look of the crown. Sounds good too, but my hearing isn't that good anymore, so I'm fairly tolerant to a clubs sound.

I hit eight different drivers, and the EXS is definitely in the top two or three. The fitter is going to give me a call when they get the whole array of available shafts in, and I'll be going back for a formal fitting, likely to be between the EXS and one or two others.

Good stuff and sounds like you found a good combo for you. I hit 10.5 heads with several 60 gram weight class stiff shafts because that is the sort of combo I have hit for years and they produced good numbers. The fitter even threw in a 70 gram weight class shaft and I pretty much told him no dice after the first swing. The numbers supported that as well. Then he handed me a 9.5 head with mid 50 stiff shaft and it blew everything else away.

Perhaps Tour Edge had the OEM soften up the flex of the shaft They did that with the previous GD shafts - I bought my normal R flex BUT needed S flex.

I was told that these Tensei shafts are the "Real Deal" shafts, so if that is accurate I would expect them to be true to flex rating for Mitsubishi shafts. I've always been inconsistent with lighter driver and fairway shafts though, so I'm thinking that had a lot to do with it.

Good stuff and sounds like you found a good combo for you. I hit 10.5 heads with several 60 gram weight class stiff shafts because that is the sort of combo I have hit for years and they produced good numbers. The fitter even threw in a 70 gram weight class shaft and I pretty much told him no dice after the first swing. The numbers supported that as well. Then he handed me a 9.5 head with mid 50 stiff shaft and it blew everything else away.

No telling what works sometimes. I want to do a formal fitting this time just to cover all the bases, because sometimes what works best is totally unexpected.

Should have some fun stuff with this one coming soon.

I was able to test this one today and came away more than pleasantly surprised. It looks stunning in hand and the blue color scheme with carbon crown may be perfect.

Ball speed was as good as anything else I hit and retention on misses was better than expected. I only used the 9.5 head with all stock settings and launch was perfect but spin a tad on the low side at 1900 to 2100ish. I'm sure some adjustments could get that bumped up a touch. Feel was what you would expect from a composite club and sound was a nice muted thwack.

For me, this was one of those clubs that you just instantly love and feel comfortable with. Then you look at the price tag and love it a little more. It really makes you wonder how they hit this price point when the competition is 40% higher. I really hope this club gets the mainstream attention it deserves.

That’s some good feedback. Thank you for that.

This one is way up my want to hit list still.

Really enjoyed that video. This is on my hit list..

Could this be the best driver coming out of Chicago this year. Hmmm.

Great feedback @formula8 The price on this one is definitely fantastic and hopefully something that makes folks take some notice of the brand.

Breaking Down the Tech: Tour Edge Exotics EXS Driver

A few places including golf usa manhattan have a bigger compliment of no upcharge shafts available. Hzrdus Red, yellow & black, aldila rogue black or silver, Bassara E series, GD AD, Tensei white in addition to stock blue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
A few places including golf usa manhattan have a bigger compliment of no upcharge shafts available. Hzrdus Red, yellow & black, aldila rogue black or silver, Bassara E series, GD AD, Tensei Red & white in addition to stock blue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think TE literally had me try all of those but Bassara, GD and maybe one of the Rogues. The only one I remember hitting not on this list was Atmos Red.

I think TE literally had me try all of those but Bassara, GD and maybe one of the Rogues. The only one I remember hitting not on this list was Atmos Red.
It's a solid list, esp for the price point.

Tensei Red was a mistake on my part. Not even sure it exists. Guess it was too early for me to type. Think the others are accurate though.

You were fit to Hzrdus Red? Don't remember too well.

It's a solid list, esp for the price point.

Tensei Red was a mistake on my part. Not even sure it exists. Guess it was too early for me to type. Think the others are accurate though.

You were fit to Hzrdus Red? Don't remember too well.
Tensei Red does in fact exist. That is what I was fit into. Hzrdus Red in CBX 3 and 5 woods.

Tensei Red does in fact exist. That is what I was fit into. Hzrdus Red in CBX 3 and 5 woods.

Ahh, nice! Thx man. It shows up as an option in golf usa manhattan but not tgw. Have an ETA yet?

Ahh, nice! Thx man. It shows up as an option in golf usa manhattan but not tgw. Have an ETA yet?
Have not heard from them since they told me 3 of the Recoil 80 shafts were on backorder. Not a big deal since I have been sidelined for 2.5 weeks with a pinched nerve in my back. Told them it was a blessing as I would have been stupid and gone out and played and probably made it worse had they already shown up.

Have not heard from them since they told me 3 of the Recoil 80 shafts were on backorder. Not a big deal since I have been sidelined for 2.5 weeks with a pinched nerve in my back. Told them it was a blessing as I would have been stupid and gone out and played and probably made it worse had they already shown up.

LOL
Heal up buddy. Pinched nerve in the back, cold weather and new clubs aren't a good formula

LOL
Heal up buddy. Pinched nerve in the back, cold weather and new clubs aren't a good formula
Think I am going to give it a go this afternoon. I'm sure I have been driving my wife crazy! Haha

Scott did you pinch the nerve carrying all those winning product boxes into the house :-0

Hope you feel better soon, the nice cool weather is finally here.

Scott did you pinch the nerve carrying all those winning product boxes into the house :-0

Hope you feel better soon, the nice cool weather is finally here.
Haha. No big boxes yet so can't blame it on that.

Not cool up here. Freakin' cold! Frost on the windshield this morning. I already miss the days of 90+ temps...

I neeeeeeed to hit this one.

Perhaps the sleeper of the year already for value and performance blend? I've heard a lot of very positive murmurs so far.

I hit this on Friday- Nice Driver, Goes Straight, does have some spin compared to the Cortex.
Don't think the Tensei Blue is a fit for me.
Think TEE is going to sell a lot of these.

c648abdba75eaf6520e0752f888eccee.jpg

ce45681447d26afa110626e3dd43fa31.jpg

Hey JB, you want me to PM you my mailing address so you can send that my way for some thorough testing?

Back