Breaking Down the Tech: Tour Edge Exotics EXS Driver

high MOI with Low spin... that talk is straight out of unicorn land haha! I loved the candid response to slip stream too.

I think this video was a great watch. Also, 4k video is so good.

So David says over 5k moi will make the driver too spinny and lose a segment of the market. So how is Tony Finau, Cam Champ, Troy Mullinax all getting along so well with G400 Max which is 5500 moi. I’m assuming the faster swing guys is the market segment he’s referring to.

Big TEE fan but Dave lost me with that comment.

Drumdog said:
In my opinion they have lost their marbles when it comes to charging $500 for a driver.

Epic Flash will be $529.99

Enjoyed the video, thanks!

I'm hoping to hit one of these tomorrow, the shop at the course I'm playing is huge, and carries TE, so should have the EXS drivers available.

I’m kinda wondering if the store margins aren’t similar on this and other higher priced drivers.
My thoughts are based on the less than impartial driver fittings that I've gone through.
Me (before swinging a club). I'd like to see how X stacks up to Y as well as my current driver.
Fitter: well, Y is so much better than X there's really no need to even bother hitting anything else.
Me: Y has one shot slightly longer but everything is scattered. X very consistent (both with the same shaft)
Fitter:. See how much longer Y is? Here's the club set up, the guys can ring you up.
Percentage wise definitely similar.
Glad to hear that TEE is on at least a somewhat even playing field.

I really hope that it sells very well.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Video won't play for me. I'm interested after reading this thread. I have to say, I've never really given Tour Edge much of a look, and I'm not sure I've ever actually seen any of their clubs in the wild.

But, again, I am now curious. Hopefully I can get the video to play tomorrow.

Video won't play for me. I'm interested after reading this thread. I have to say, I've never really given Tour Edge much of a look, and I'm not sure I've ever actually seen any of their clubs in the wild.

You should be able to find it on YouTube. It’s on the THP YouTube page.

My thoughts are based on the less than impartial driver fittings that I've gone through.
Me (before swinging a club). I'd like to see how X stacks up to Y as well as my current driver.
Fitter: well, Y is so much better than X there's really no need to even bother hitting anything else.
Me: Y has one shot slightly longer but everything is scattered. X very consistent (both with the same shaft)
Fitter:. See how much longer Y is? Here's the club set up, the guys can ring you up. Glad to hear that TEE is on at least a somewhat even playing field.

I really hope that it sells very well.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Some OEMs in some product lines (don’t know for sure about golf) offer SPIFFS direct to the sales associate for selling specific products, and store do the same so, that may be why a salesman would push one line over another.

Not a good job on the sales persons part though.

Following up on this as I finish the video.

I am so impressed with how candid he was. That transparency is well received.

Yeah he was very straight forward and I really enjoyed that.

Not sure why, but you can find it on the THP Home Page in the middle of the page, the THP Mobile App and on the THP Golf YouTube channel just in case it won't play for you still.

Yeah he was very straight forward and I really enjoyed that.

Not sure why, but you can find it on the THP Home Page in the middle of the page, the THP Mobile App and on the THP Golf YouTube channel just in case it won't play for you still.

Video works this morning. Thanks

So, again, this driver sounds really intriguing. I'm always interested in a product designed to be on par with the premium market at a more reasonable price. Especially when it's from a brand that has a history (vs a new brand that you're unsure will even be around come next year)

Mr. Glod mentions early on that the EXS driver's draw bias is the "stock option," but I don't think he goes into more details in the options. Is the plan to offer a head that does not have a draw bias, or is that comment in reference to adjustability? I prefer a head that doesn't have a draw bias vs having to adjust one to get it to that point.

Video works this morning. Thanks

So, again, this driver sounds really intriguing. I'm always interested in a product designed to be on par with the premium market at a more reasonable price. Especially when it's from a brand that has a history (vs a new brand that you're unsure will even be around come next year)

Mr. Glod mentions early on that the EXS driver's draw bias is the "stock option," but I don't think he goes into more details in the options. Is the plan to offer a head that does not have a draw bias, or is that comment in reference to adjustability? I prefer a head that doesn't have a draw bias vs having to adjust one to get it to that point.

What he means by that is that the weight is set to the heel at stock. It can be moved to the back and additional weight kits are available for purchase if someone wants to tinker even more.

What he means by that is that the weight is set to the heel at stock. It can be moved to the back and additional weight kits are available for purchase if someone wants to tinker even more.

Got it. So, unlike the Rogue Draw, the heel weight position can be changed to get away form the draw promotion?

Got it. So, unlike the Rogue Draw, the heel weight position can be changed to get away form the draw promotion?

Correct. There are two weight ports on the bottom of the driver. It sets up fairly neutral to me. With the carbon fiber in place along the sole, I would expect some draw bias, but its minimal.

Correct. Even with the heavy weight in the heel, I saw less draw ball flight on the launch monitor than I do with Epic with the sliding weight in the middle (neutral). Do not have it yet so no outdoor experience with it.

Correct. Even with the heavy weight in the heel, I saw less draw ball flight on the launch monitor than I do with Epic with the sliding weight in the middle (neutral). Do not have it yet so no outdoor experience with it.

Awesome. Now I just need to find where I can play with one. And I'll need to remember to bring my wrench!

Awesome. Now I just need to find where I can play with one. And I'll need to remember to bring my wrench!

I believe Roger Dunn in your area carries them.

[video=youtube;Ltr9n5uQ-JM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ltr9n5uQ-JM[/video]

Considering ordering one.

No lie.

I’m a little surprised you haven’t already.

No lie.

At the price, it’s not all that crazy.

But, I’m waiting and hoping for a review, haha!

At the price, it’s not all that crazy.

But, I’m waiting and hoping for a review, haha!

I can make a call when I get back to town.

They weren’t kidding about being aggressive with the advertising on TGC. Saw it quite a few times while watching the final round of the Shriners. I’ve got to think with all the gimmicky club that sell really well on TGC that it can only help move some more golf clubs for TEE. I just hope it doesn’t make the more informed golf equipment community look at it as an inferior product because of that. At the same time, if they sell more clubs does it really matter?

Back