Bridgestone Golf MINDSET Visual Technology

I don't mean this to come off the wrong way, but couldn't you simply flip it on the tee and while putting? Gives you the remind when in hand, but not super visually impactful for the shots. I know I just marked my putting line on the sleeve I intend to paly this weekend. So I'll see the putting line I enjoy while putting and won't be looking at the circles.
That's exactly what I would do.

You guys are doing great with this testing. I'm honestly a bit shocked the majority is finding such success. Do you think it really is because of the markings or is it just the concept itself? Had it not been for this testing would you have tried this ball? Have you looked into any mental stuff before testing this ball?

You’ve asked a lot of great questions here…

The markings are a great visual reminder of what you’re to do. It helps reduce internal verbalization which can’t have negative impact on a person’s performance. The concept is critical to the success of the markings. So, one without the other isn’t going to be as successful IMO. Could they be different visuals probably, but this post helped me a ton. Breakdown of MindSet visual technology

With respect to trying the ball….. Prior to the @Canadan podcast this golf ball would have likely sat on the shelf. I’m really content with my current golf ball. That said, that podcast really drove home concepts I was previously working with, so I would have bought a sleeve regardless of this testing.

The mental side of the game is something, I’ve researched and put a lot of effort into the last 12 months or so. I have a philosophy that I try to follow religiously.

1. Have fun
2. Focus on the shot in front of you
3. Trust your swing
4. Accept the result and move on

#2 and #3, I thought I was doing decent with until I started with MindSet and I realized I was way less disciplined at these than I thought. The MindSet philosophy will be a great regimen to follow to enhance #2 and 3.

There in lies my issue with this setup. I prefer to look at the blank space on the ball when setting up at address, be it putting or a regular shot. I like the idea behind the MINDSET, but feel like I would still set it up to where I could not see it after going through the steps.
What's really interesting is everyone who is testing seems to be using the visual in different ways and finding some amount of success, so it is a fairly flexible system and you can adapt so it works for you. Feels like the consistency among testers is more around incorporating the process/routine more than anything.

I intend on doing so!

Lets Go Nba GIF by Storyful

You guys are doing great with this testing. I'm honestly a bit shocked the majority is finding such success. Do you think it really is because of the markings or is it just the concept itself? Had it not been for this testing would you have tried this ball? Have you looked into any mental stuff before testing this ball?

It’s unlikely I would have tried this ball if it wasn’t for the testing. I’ve been tracking scores with and without mindset markings (same BRX type) and will analyze results after a few more rounds. I’ve also tried putting 3 different colored dots on a ball to replicate the process triggers without the circles and it was a bit less comfortable (took more explicit thought) than using the Mindset markings as described.

I’ve also tried putting 3 different colored dots on a ball to replicate the process triggers without the circles and it was a bit less comfortable (took more explicit thought) than using the Mindset markings as described.
That's pretty interesting. Care to share the image of what you tried?

Adding a green dot has crossed my mind but using the clean lines from a manufactured process seems to have more appeal to me.

So I have been rereading this thread and some comments got me thinking what do I really look at when over the ball and I came to the conclusion even when using the mindset ball I was just generally looking at the logo but not really focusing. When at the practice green today I made a point of focusing on the green dot, really focusing on it and I think that will make a difference for me more on the green going forward.

So I have been rereading this thread and some comments got me thinking what do I really look at when over the ball and I came to the conclusion even when using the mindset ball I was just generally looking at the logo but not really focusing. When at the practice green today I made a point of focusing on the green dot, really focusing on it and I think that will make a difference for me more on the green going forward.

Thats It Martin Short GIF by PBS SoCal

What was the difference when you focused on the green dot?

What was the difference when you focused on the green dot?
I felt like it kept my head steady through the stroke and actually kept me from raising up and peaking which is a fault of mine while putting.

Hoping to play a chilly 9 today with these golf balls in Louisville KY today at Polo Field CC

What are others seeing in regards to durability of the balls? I have been focused on reviewing the Mindset aspect and not the ball itself (Tour B RX) but this is the 3rd ball, out of 9, that got the same cut. The first two looked like smiley faces that you would see on old balatas but neither were skulled, hit a cart path, etc. The pictures below were taken on the 5th hole with this ball after a full wedge shot that was hit just fine. Another one like it I noticed after hitting a green side bunker shot that I had to hit about 20 yards and while I nipped it pretty well, it was played like I intended and landed 10 feet beyond the pin. The ball below is the only one I took a picture of as thought the first two were flukes and tossed them. Have not seen marks like these on other balls I play (Chrome tour, ProV1, etc.).

IMG_0794.jpegIMG_0793.jpeg

I have never had durability issues with Bridgestone balls, and haven't had any with these Mindset balls yet (Tour B RXS). 🤷‍♂️

What are others seeing in regards to durability of the balls? I have been focused on reviewing the Mindset aspect and not the ball itself (Tour B RX) but this is the 3rd ball, out of 9, that got the same cut. The first two looked like smiley faces that you would see on old balatas but neither were skulled, hit a cart path, etc. The pictures below were taken on the 5th hole with this ball after a full wedge shot that was hit just fine. Another one like it I noticed after hitting a green side bunker shot that I had to hit about 20 yards and while I nipped it pretty well, it was played like I intended and landed 10 feet beyond the pin. The ball below is the only one I took a picture of as thought the first two were flukes and tossed them. Have not seen marks like these on other balls I play (Chrome tour, ProV1, etc.).

View attachment 9251051View attachment 9251052
That is interesting. Haven’t noticed any unusual wear patterns or anything like that so far. The only thing I’ve noticed is the Mindset logo wore down quite a bit on one of the balls I played after just 9 holes…though this didnt seem to be a common theme with every ball though.

Played another 27 today (18 holes on my own and then a 9-hole scramble) with the Tour B RX Mindset golf ball. For my game, there is truly something to this and I'm here for it. The 3-step pre-shot process is becoming a big part of my routine and I'm seeing consistent successes. My GIR was up today (6/9 on the front; 3/9 on the back), I hit 75% of my approach shots from 100 yards and in on the green, and I had my best ball-striking date this season. I'm remembering to walk through my routine whether I see the Mindset logo or not and am seeing improvement in every aspect (course management, ball striking, recovery, and scoring).

I am seeing my confidence grow and experiencing easier shot-making, post-visualization. I cannot emphasize enough how skeptical I was about Mindset, even to the point of making fun of the concept, but I was wrong. My mental game is improving with each round and scores are dropping.

Last edited:

View attachment 9251051View attachment 9251052

I’ve had no durability issues at all.

Played the par 3 course yesterday. Terrible ball striking day, but took some positives away as it relates to Mindset and my short game. My short game is definitely an area of weakness and what I’ve realized through this testing process is I have almost no routine when it comes to short game, despite having one for all other areas of my game. I guess I don’t think that much about distance or visualize my chip. I have a tendency to chip just based on feel and some guess work.

Yesterday, I missed the green a lot, so it gave me a lot of short game practice and the opportunity to work through the mindset process on chipping specifically.

Step 1 - spent more time judging distance to a target landing spot and factoring in slope of the green for my target landing spot.

Step 2 - really spent time visualizing the shot. High vs low chip, hitting the target landing spot and rolling towards the hole.

Step 3 - focused on a spot on the ball (green dot or some other single focus point if dot wasn’t visible), didnt think about chunking or thinning, and just hit.

Not an instant fix for the short game obviously, but definitely saw some good results and it put a lot more structure around my short game which is a step in the right direction and is setting me up to be more successful. As I use Mindset more and more, it’s definitely revealing the inconsistencies in my mental game and pre-shot routines. Pretty interesting to see. Some realizations about my game that Mindset has helped uncover:

- I wasn’t actually looking at anything in particular on the ball before hitting
- Had almost no pre-shot routine or structure in the short game
- Wasnt truly visualizing my shots. Just picked general aim point a couple feet in front of my ball.

Played another 27 today (18 holes on my own and then a 9-hole scramble) with the Tour B RX Mindset golf ball. For my game, there is truly something to this and I'm here for it. The 3-step pre-shot process is becoming a big part of my routine and I'm seeing consistent successes. My GIR was up today (6/9 on the front; 3/9 on the back) and I had my best ball-striking date this season. I'm remembering to walk through my routine whether I see the Mindset logo or not and am seeing improvement in every aspect (course management, ball striking, recovery, and scoring).

I am seeing my confidence grow and experiencing easier shot-making, post-visualization. I cannot emphasize enough how skeptical I was about Mindset, even to the point of making fun of the concept, but I was wrong. My mental game is improving with each round and scores are dropping.
Any pace of play issues you think?

Any pace of play issues you think?
Honestly, none. While my pre-shot routine takes a few seconds extra, I’m moving immediately into my shot as I get to the green dot and seeing the added bonus of spending less time having to hunt down errant shots. Overall, my pace of play, intentionally going through the Mindset process, has been slightly quicker (2h56m today) than normal.

Honestly, none. While my pre-shot routine takes a few seconds extra, I’m moving immediately into my shot as I get to the green dot and seeing the added bonus of spending less time having to hunt down errant shots. Overall, my pace of play, intentionally going through the Mindset process, has been slightly quicker (2h56m today) than normal.
I agree. It almost feels like I go quicker because it’s so intentional

Much like @Scooby45 and @Redd I’m not seeing any pace of play issues.

My round yesterday wasn’t the best scoring I’ve ever had, but I finally had 18 with MindSet success. MindSet can’t fix a mishit, but it sure helps after. More often than not yesterday I was able to clear my mind and move on.

Shot an 86 on a course I’ve never played and is pretty rough if you aren’t on the short grass.

I can say with a very high level of confidence that in the past, I would have shot higher than I did yesterday without following the MindSet process.

Last edited:
Hoping to slip out for nine later today and see how I get on with them again. Going to not use it while putting to see if it’s a difference

Back