Bridgestone Golf MINDSET Visual Technology

Hoping to slip out for nine later today and see how I get on with them again. Going to not use it while putting to see if it’s a difference

So what are you going to do while putting then?

Is your plan to still follow the steps though?
Thats a great question. I will try it
While I am no longer using the graphic for alignment on putts, I am 100% still going through the steps on every putt. At this point, these three steps are becoming second nature.

Got some more time with Mindset today. After having played several rounds with the ball now, I think I’m starting to get to the point where I’m a little less dependent on the logo being visible, which I struggled with early on. Even from the fairway, rough or green side where the logo might be facing down, I’m finding myself going to the mindset process more naturally. I ended up losing the ball I was playing and switched to a different ball. Didn't have too much issue the rest of the round keeping up with the 3 step process which I think is a positive sign that it’s becoming a more standard part of my mental game.

I do think it’s adding a little bit of time to my routine so it does slow my personal pace down a bit (just a guess, but maybe a 10 second adder per shot). Makes sense though since I’m doing more than I would without the 3 step process. I try to do all of the steps while others are hitting so from an overall pace perspective, doesn’t appear to be slowing down the group at all.

I embraced the MindSet philosophy on every shot this round even when the logo wasn’t there to see.
I can really see a benefit where you can have the ball in hand, tee shots and putting, for both aligning the arrow and focusing on the green dot. How are you utilizing the philosophy on other shots where the arrow is misaligned and/or the green dot is not visible?

I can really see a benefit where you can have the ball in hand, tee shots and putting, for both aligning the arrow and focusing on the green dot. How are you utilizing the philosophy on other shots where the arrow is misaligned and/or the green dot is not visible?

I’m having much better success with MindSet if the logo isn’t visible. Much like @Redd said it’s becoming second nature. I do like the logo though as it helps keep me on the straight and narrow.

I do struggle sometimes if I’m honest if the arrow isn’t pointed at my target. But that’s pretty few and far between that happens.

While I am no longer using the graphic for alignment on putts, I am 100% still going through the steps on every putt. At this point, these three steps are becoming second nature.
Me too. Putted much better today going back to my line.

to the earlier question of if I will continue to use the process for putting, I realized that I basically already do. As I’m walking around the green, I analyze the line. then set up my ball to the line, stand behind it momentarily to visualize the roll, and then step in to stroke the putt.

I am either on the best heater I’ve ever been on off the tee or this golf ball is really unlocking my swing. You can read all about the process and the marketing, but if you are one that gets nervous on the tee, have too many thoughts swirling around, I can’t recommend trying this enough.

Last edited:
One final thought from today, no joke, the only two truly poor shots were when I did not follow the routine and my mind was elsewhere.

One final thought from today, no joke, the only two truly poor shots were when I did not follow the routine and my mind was elsewhere.

This is awesome!

This is the best thing I can say about Mindset: I am beginning to notice, immediately, when I don't follow the process.

I think like with most things, the more you practice it, the better you get. In this case, the more you’re able to stick to the process, starting with shots where the ball is in hand, the better you get on the shots where the logo might not be visible.

I’ll say the misaligned arrow is my least favorite aspect of this. If the arrow is completely in the wrong direction, it’s not too bad, but when it’s just slightly off, it bothers me. I think the ball could do without the arrow and just the circles / green dot would work a lot better for me.

Seeing a post about how the best thing to approach a tough course is to figure out how to get off the tee simply reminded me how well I've been doing with the mindset concept and logo when on the tee. It's been so good for me.

Just some full swing Mindset thoughts...I've enjoyed incorporating mindset into my practice. Indoors, the "target mentality" is a bit limited, although when I set a green or fairway on the range it helps a little. But I do like the idea of clearing the mind and having a bit of a focal point before my swing. I'm trying really hard to work it into my pre-shot routine, which is a bit more difficult for me than I anticipated. I don't want to say I'm in that breakout phase, because we all know what happens when you think that in the game of golf. BUT, having things I'm working on with my swing, this little extra focus mode seems to be helping produce some good results by getting me to think swing thought first, then go through the process...start to visualize that shot, check on the red dot and pull the trigger.

I don't want to say I'm in that breakout phase, because we all know what happens when you think that in the game of golf.
It's funny you mention this. My worst drive yesterday came on the 7th of 9 holes, when I was thinking about posting my 'either it's mindset or I'm on a heater' comment. Golf can humble quickly....

It's funny you mention this. My worst drive yesterday came on the 7th of 9 holes, when I was thinking about posting my 'either it's mindset or I'm on a heater' comment. Golf can humble quickly....
very quickly.

It's taken me a bit to kind of "buy in" to the process. But the more I try to use it within my own ways...I seem to like the practice results I'm getting. Granted they are still indoors, but I have enjoyed involving it with practice sessions. Gets me out of the way of thinking just golf swing.

I think what is important to keep in mind on this @ddec and @Scooby45 is perspective. We are not top athletes and won't hit every shot perfect (heck even they don't), but if our percentages of better shots increase as a result, then MindSet philosophy is definitely advantageous. I can say with a pretty high level of certainty that it is shaving 1 stroke or better off my good rounds and on my implosion rounds it is saving me about 4 or 5 strokes. That's HUGE!

I think what is important to keep in mind on this @ddec and @Scooby45 is perspective. We are not top athletes and won't hit every shot perfect (heck even they don't), but if our percentages of better shots increase as a result, then MindSet philosophy is definitely advantageous. I can say with a pretty high level of certainty that it is shaving 1 stroke or better off my good rounds and on my implosion rounds it is saving me about 4 or 5 strokes. That's HUGE!
First off...don't underestimate the amazingness of @Scooby45
Second...shaving strokes is a good thing

Came in to catch up a bit on everyone’s thoughts and it’s really positive in here. Love that for you guys. Two of you have already said you’ve stopped using it on the green and this process is close to second nature. Have you tried playing with another ball to see if the process is truly there? Or does the logo still “create” that reminder for you even if you don’t use it every time?

Came in to catch up a bit on everyone’s thoughts and it’s really positive in here. Love that for you guys. Two of you have already said you’ve stopped using it on the green and this process is close to second nature. Have you tried playing with another ball to see if the process is truly there? Or does the logo still “create” that reminder for you even if you don’t use it every time?

@Muchmore I really want to try a round with the CT my ball of choice and see what happens. I think if the round is going find the visual reminder may not be necessary if it is ingrained into your subconscious. However, when a blow up hole occurs that safety net might be REALLY nice.

I've really enjoyed the Tour B X golf ball FWIW.

stopped using it on the green in my case is "stopped using the logo up". I think I am still following the process, just not using the logo to visually focus on the green dot, instead I am looking directly at a spot along my line.

But yeah, you make a great point. I am going to try a round without the logo balls and see how it goes. I have found myself with shots during the holes that I focus intently on the back of the ball, similar to the green dot but not as it clearly can be orientated in any which way. I would think I can continue to do that with any ball, but does seeing it laying sideways help me remember? I think so, but a controlled test makes sense.

First off...don't underestimate the amazingness of @Scooby45
Second...shaving strokes is a good thing

Oh definitely not underestimating the amazingness of @Scooby45 !
The biggest error in this back and forth is even considering me in the same breadth as @ddec... I could only dream of having his skills, trophies, and collection of leather bound books

Back