Bridgestone J15 Cavity Back Irons

Canadan

LGND
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Thanks to the incredible generosity of Bridgestone, 2014 Morgan Cup Staffers got their pick of the new lineup, and we will be receiving our irons over the next little while. My decision was not an easy one, but in the end opted to select the CB design because I found them to hit extremely well during the Bridgestone University experience. I'll be using this thread to share my thoughts (and presumably the thoughts of others who acquired the CBs). Feel free to join in and share your own experiences with these irons.

From Bridgestone:

--For Professionals to Mid Handicap players--

• Premium forged carbon steel provides incredible feel
  • Compact head provides tour control and shot shaping workability
  • Wide Sure Contact Sole ensures consistent contact and turf interaction, while offering unmatched forgiveness in a players iron
  • True Temper® Dynamic® Gold DP Pro shaft
  • Available: 3-iron, 4-PW

In Hand Photos

20150205_152103-L.jpg

20150205_152053-L.jpg

20150205_152048-L.jpg

20150205_152117-L.jpg

20150205_152208-L.jpg

20150205_152155-L.jpg

20150205_152235-L.jpg

20150205_152216-L.jpg

20150205_152223-L.jpg

I had a tough time trying to get the proper visual with the lighting, however there is a slight bevel to the front section of the sole. This is going to be very helpful in not digging too hard into the ground, and is something I saw as very beneficial in the J40 DPCs. A fantastic way to get that player profile without the risk of carving into the turf relentlessly.

20150205_152447-L.jpg

nice pics mr daniel. I know you were torn between these and the DF. What was the final factor that pushed you this way?

Nice choice Dan. I was close to going that route but opted out for the DF's.

Some pretty looking CB's right there!

Great looking pics, those look sharp!

Those are beautiful irons. Interested to hear your thoughts on the difference between these and the MP-15s.

nice pics mr daniel. I know you were torn between these and the DF. What was the final factor that pushed you this way?

I don't think it was as much the CBs as it was the DFs really not introducing anything into my personal swing that made a huge difference. I slightly preferred the sound of the CBs (although it's pretty minimal) and I didn't find a large variance in distance enough to justify the DFs -- Both extremely subjective and personal, plus I was using visuals on a range rather than numbers.

In the end, it just seemed right to go with the CBs and I am glad I did. They are stunning.

Those are beautiful Dan...can't wait to read more about them. Will you be taking these to Pittsburgh?

I know when going for a Tour CB iron, you aren't going to see a lot of difference, but they look so much like the Titleist CBs

Man, these are gorgeous. Can't wait to hear your's and other's feedback on these great looking irons.

Those are beautiful Dan...can't wait to read more about them. Will you be taking these to Pittsburgh?

That is a great question!!! They'll certainly get a fair shake to crack the bag lineup, however I'm pretty optimistic. I've got an incredible soft spot for Bridgestone.

I don't think it was as much the CBs as it was the DFs really not introducing anything into my personal swing that made a huge difference. I slightly preferred the sound of the CBs (although it's pretty minimal) and I didn't find a large variance in distance enough to justify the DFs -- Both extremely subjective and personal, plus I was using visuals on a range rather than numbers.

In the end, it just seemed right to go with the CBs and I am glad I did. They are stunning.

You can say that again. Wow, they are great looking irons. There's only so much you can do with a CB model, but the sole design I think is going to be really awesome for those who went with this model.

The pics are stunning, Dan. Mine are scheduled to arrive today. Can't wait to get my hands on them. Any initial thoughts on the grips?

I know when going for a Tour CB iron, you aren't going to see a lot of difference, but they look so much like the Titleist CBs

Because they are made of steel and have additional weighting behind the likely contact zone of the golf ball? I suppose you could make that claim for 10 clubs from 10 OEMs if you're going to look at them from 50 feet away.

There is plenty unique about the J15CBs. Sharper, deeper lines, forgiving (for the design) sole, even the numbering is completely different.

Because they are made of steel and have additional weighting behind the likely contact zone of the golf ball? I suppose you could make that claim for 10 clubs from 10 OEMs if you're going to look at them from 50 feet away.

There is plenty unique about the J15CBs. Sharper, deeper lines, forgiving (for the design) sole, even the numbering is completely different.

Yes Dan, because they are made of steel

Those, are perfection.

Holy hell.

Man those are some hot looking irons. I want

The pics are stunning, Dan. Mine are scheduled to arrive today. Can't wait to get my hands on them. Any initial thoughts on the grips?

I love how loud they are. Frankly I thought they were going to jump out of the box at me, however (and this probably sounds gross) but with the winter temps my hands tend to sweat. As soon as I started waggling in the living room I could feel them slide around a bit which is obviously a concern to me.

Time actually swinging them will make all the difference.

I'll tell you what guys, I am loving the 'raw' look that the unfilled "B" offers, but it's going to take a lot of willpower not to paintfill every single one of these irons in my stock sky blue.

I love how loud they are. Frankly I thought they were going to jump out of the box at me, however (and this probably sounds gross) but with the winter temps my hands tend to sweat. As soon as I started waggling in the living room I could feel them slide around a bit which is obviously a concern to me.

Time actually swinging them will make all the difference.

lol I can totally relate to the sweaty palms, so I know exactly what you are talking about. From a branding and recognition standpoint, I like the choice to go with yellow.

I'll tell you what guys, I am loving the 'raw' look that the unfilled "B" offers, but it's going to take a lot of willpower not to paintfill every single one of these irons in my stock sky blue.

Its only a matter of time.

Or hours.

Do it Dan!!!

I'm getting jealous and can't wait to get mine in hand. I will be scheduling a trip to warmer weather for on course action.

Such a good looking set. Holy moly.

great pics and great choice danielson. I remember talking a little bit on the plane ride home about this. I liked the CBs as well but i think i prefer the DFs for my game.

Definitely looking forward to your thoughts on these. and anyone who gets these will definitely enjoy them.

great pics and great choice danielson. I remember talking a little bit on the plane ride home about this. I liked the CBs as well but i think i prefer the DFs for my game.

Definitely looking forward to your thoughts on these. and anyone who gets these will definitely enjoy them.

I think that's what we are going to see with the J15 line. Enough options that finite differences WILL make a difference, giving people exactly what they want without changing the iron style in a huge way.

Back