Bridgestone J15 Cavity Back Irons

I thought I saw Brent Snedeker using these irons last week and sure enough I saw a post today that he has these in the bag. Kuchar has these in the bag as well. Says a lot about these irons.

I believe it. They are one of the best irons I've ever played.

I believe it. They are one of the best irons I've ever played.

So help me because I don’t know. These irons are a couple of years old. Wouldn’t their grooves wear at some point? Or do they just back in the warehouse and get them a new set
when they need them?

So help me because I don’t know. These irons are a couple of years old. Wouldn’t their grooves wear at some point? Or do they just back in the warehouse and get them a new set
when they need them?
Tour vans and setups always have backups ready to go, especially for their big names. Sure they COULD wear a little, but to some it doesn't matter, look at Bernhard Langer

These sticks beat out a slew of competition last year and this year I’m not even considering a change. They are locked in. Great feel, forgiveness, and most importantly accuracy and consistency. Distance is solid as well for a player’s iron without jacked up lofts.

These irons are so good, they helped us make a birdie in the middle of the night. Right @canadan

@Canadan put these heads in bronze. Many golf courses they slayed.

I thought I saw Brent Snedeker using these irons last week and sure enough I saw a post today that he has these in the bag. Kuchar has these in the bag as well. Says a lot about these irons.

It also says that Bridgestone needs to get their sh!t together. They tried way too hard to improve on these with the Tour B line and failed miserably. Hopefully they will get back on track with their next players iron release. I loved the J15 CB’s when I had them.

It also says that Bridgestone needs to get their sh!t together. They tried way too hard to improve on these with the Tour B line and failed miserably. Hopefully they will get back on track with their next players iron release. I loved the J15 CB’s when I had them.

Is that the takeaway? I thought they departed from a sensible players CB profile (a great improvement from J40) and regressed to a 'tour' profile for both their B irons.

None of it makes sense from where I'm sitting, but they have their reasons and it obviously suits them in the markets where they are selling clubs.

Back