Bridgestone J15 Cavity Back Irons

Discontinued?!? Say it ain't so. The last ones were out for a few years, right? That's a quick turn around for Bridgestone.

But like you said; good luck trying to improve on these. If they do, whatever replaces these will be ridiculously good.

I don't think their releases from this point forward are going to align with the timeframe between J40 and J15. I expect it to be a bit faster.

That said, if it's the case where they have only intended to make a certain amount and they've exhausted them, good on Bridgestone for managing their inventory (assuming the next offering is nearly at market). If not, I think it's brutal.

Great to hear if they sold all the sets for Bridgestone. Im glad I bought mine when I did, still love my CBs. It will be hard for them to improve on these but you never know what might come next.

Great to hear if they sold all the sets for Bridgestone. Im glad I bought mine when I did, still love my CBs. It will be hard for them to improve on these but you never know what might come next.

I said the same thing back when I gamed the J33's (still have them actually)... And boy did they ever improve them.

Can't wait to see what's upcoming for BStone.

I said the same thing back when I gamed the J33's (still have them actually)... And boy did they ever improve them.

Can't wait to see what's upcoming for BStone.

These J15 CB's are so nice looking. I really loved my Mizuno MP 33 blades from back in the day, and the look of these CB's at address remind me of them. It will be interesting to see what they replace them with, design/look wise.

I've been a long standing supporter of Bridgestone Golf in total, but even more so after their wonderful support of me in the 2015 Morgan Cup. I typically talk to people on a weekly basis about the B330, and in some cases discuss my CB irons. Recently, I had a friend demo my irons, use the Bridgestone test drive program, and then try to buy a set of CBs direct. Turns out, these have been discontinued..

...I wonder if that means they've sold what they've made, and new irons are upon us? Good luck trying to improve on this design, you beautiful club constructors of excellence.

That is crazy. The J15 CB still feels new in a certain sense to me. Hopefully this means they have something else coming out soon, but like you, I am very content with the J15.

Can anyone compare the J15 to the 2014 Apex Pro?

(I have been bumming around with an Apex Pro demo head, throwing in different shafts for fun. I really like the DG Pro shaft. With the DG Pro being stock in the J15, and the J15 being a better looking club than the Apex Pro, my ponder is in full force...)

Can anyone compare the J15 to the 2014 Apex Pro?

(I have been bumming around with an Apex Pro demo head, throwing in different shafts for fun. I really like the DG Pro shaft. With the DG Pro being stock in the J15, and the J15 being a better looking club than the Apex Pro, my ponder is in full force...)

For me they were better in just about every category when testing the two. Better feel/sound/looks/performance. The apex pro's were/are really good, but the J15's have been incredible for me.

I've been a long standing supporter of Bridgestone Golf in total, but even more so after their wonderful support of me in the 2015 Morgan Cup. I typically talk to people on a weekly basis about the B330, and in some cases discuss my CB irons. Recently, I had a friend demo my irons, use the Bridgestone test drive program, and then try to buy a set of CBs direct. Turns out, these have been discontinued..

...I wonder if that means they've sold what they've made, and new irons are upon us? Good luck trying to improve on this design, you beautiful club constructors of excellence.
That lines up I think what are we currently at a year and a half of the j15? By the time a new set comes out it will be 2 years.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Tomorrow marks my 1 year anniversary with these shiny beauties. Still as fantastic as they have been from day one. For being a year old and having a lot of use in them, they have also held up very, very well. Normal bag chatter and maybe a stray mark or two from a hidden rock and that's about it. I've been extremely pleased.

Would be happy to do that.
Bump for Snickerdog.

I would love to hear thoughts between these and the MP-15 irons if you can get a chance to hit them!

I've hit a lot of the new 2017 offerings now...I'm still in love with these. If someone is looking for an absolutely fantastic set of CB's, you could probably snag these for a pretty killer deal at this point.

Put these in the truck before leaving out of state. Been a while and looking forward to playing them today.

Put these in the truck before leaving out of state. Been a while and looking forward to playing them today.
Such a great set. I know you'll be smiling while playing these again.

Man these were fun to hit again today! Forgot how much I missed these paired with the TourV 125's. Could have had a great score if I wasn't handsy with the wedges.

Put these back in the round today and I'm kind of at a loss. I don't, can't, and probably won't understand why, but they are ALWAYS the best option not matter how long I don't play them and how little time I have with them.

Having not played them for weeks, I hit three 7 irons on the range (baby draws), took them on course, and with my first shot (a PW from 138), knocked it stiff to 8 feet. The rest of the day tells the same tale, with absolutely brilliant strikes all over the place, including a 6 iron from 184 that landed beyond pin high right, for a no doubter four foot eagle putt.

What is most baffling to me, is the distance. Other irons I've played this year my PW is about 130 max. 6 iron floats around 175ish. With these, my PW maxes around 140 and my 6 is every bit of 183-4. I'm a club longer against clubs that should make me a club longer. Absolutely baffling to me.

I've tried other clubs. I've tried to commit to more forgiving clubs.. But the J15 CBs are hands down the most effective clubs I can play.

Put these back in the round today and I'm kind of at a loss. I don't, can't, and probably won't understand why, but they are ALWAYS the best option not matter how long I don't play them and how little time I have with them.

Having not played them for weeks, I hit three 7 irons on the range (baby draws), took them on course, and with my first shot (a PW from 138), knocked it stiff to 8 feet. The rest of the day tells the same tale, with absolutely brilliant strikes all over the place, including a 6 iron from 184 that landed beyond pin high right, for a no doubter four foot eagle putt.

What is most baffling to me, is the distance. Other irons I've played this year my PW is about 130 max. 6 iron floats around 175ish. With these, my PW maxes around 140 and my 6 is every bit of 183-4. I'm a club longer against clubs that should make me a club longer. Absolutely baffling to me.

I've tried other clubs. I've tried to commit to more forgiving clubs.. But the J15 CBs are hands down the most effective clubs I can play.

Exactly how I feel about the J15 DPFs

Why fight it?

Exactly how I feel about the J15 DPFs

Dude, I remember back at the Bridgestone event at Mission Inn, hitting all of the irons in the lineup and just knowing that J15 were for me. I loved what they were doing with everything but I kept hitting these crazy pure shots with the demos and thinking "can this be real"?

Well, years later, I guess so. Nothing can shake them, or compete with them. Closest is probably Srixon 765 and they are long gone.

Why fight it?

For a lot of reasons, honestly. New and shiny, gaming the belt winners... and a step away from a company I feel like I don't even know anymore.

I'm hoping 2018 brings quite a few more CBs that can compete. I'll be trying every single one of them.

For a lot of reasons, honestly. New and shiny, gaming the belt winners... and a step away from a company I feel like I don't even know anymore.

I'm hoping 2018 brings quite a few more CBs that can compete. I'll be trying every single one of them.

I totally get that...all of that. I'm in the middle of my own inner self battles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Going to be hard to find a better CB than these. Will not ever get rid of them.

Dude, I remember back at the Bridgestone event at Mission Inn, hitting all of the irons in the lineup and just knowing that J15 were for me. I loved what they were doing with everything but I kept hitting these crazy pure shots with the demos and thinking "can this be real"?

Well, years later, I guess so. Nothing can shake them, or compete with them. Closest is probably Srixon 765 and they are long gone.

These are my Eleanor, I've lusted after them since that event and they always slip through my fingers.

I thought I saw Brent Snedeker using these irons last week and sure enough I saw a post today that he has these in the bag. Kuchar has these in the bag as well. Says a lot about these irons.

Back