Bridgestone J15 Muscle Back Irons

And they have arrived!
31ee1b0fa5154cbfa0fedbc37deb79cf.jpg
bd5b5b12dd9d5a6cdf2d71e913c008c0.jpg

Will be doing some club work today!
WOW. those are some of the most beautiful clubs I have ever seen.

About 40 balls with pw on the range and it's starting to show some wear. ..
12951141b2225114a5d8e2adb7f3fefd.jpg

Bit of the black turning shiny as expected. I think these will look fantastic as they wear more, looking very unique

Bit of the black turning shiny as expected. I think these will look fantastic as they wear more, looking very unique

They're one of a kind just like you dude!! I can't wait to see the wear mark on the face once you start grooving em!!

They're one of a kind just like you dude!! I can't wait to see the wear mark on the face once you start grooving em!!
Ha I've never owned a set of irons long enough to wear out a pattern on the face lol. this set will change that. One day I'll look down at them and see a dime sized wear in the center like trout's irons (I can hope lol)

Ha I've never owned a set of irons long enough to wear out a pattern on the face lol. this set will change that. One day I'll look down at them and see a dime sized wear in the center like trout's irons (I can hope lol)

Haha we can all hope!! God Save The Queen baby!!

Giving this one a little bump as I've finally got to spend sometime with them outside. First the turf interaction with these babies are excellent. They really just cut through the grass like butter. The ball flight I'm seeing with them is also something I'm enjoying. Really high penetrating flight the whole way that doesn't balloon on me. I'm absolutely ripping the long irons too.

My issue with them is the 7-PW. I'm finding that I'm about a club short from the VR Pro blades. I did have the lofts bent a degree strong on the 7-PW which I did when I got the VR Pro's as well. Tomorrow I'm going to compare the lofts directly and adjust everything according if need be. I really hope it's just a difference between lofts because I'm loving the feeling, the shafts, just about everything with these except the fact that I'm about a club short in the mid and scoring irons. I will update tomorrow after everything is checked and see how my results are!

Giving this one a little bump as I've finally got to spend sometime with them outside. First the turf interaction with these babies are excellent. They really just cut through the grass like butter. The ball flight I'm seeing with them is also something I'm enjoying. Really high penetrating flight the whole way that doesn't balloon on me. I'm absolutely ripping the long irons too.

My issue with them is the 7-PW. I'm finding that I'm about a club short from the VR Pro blades. I did have the lofts bent a degree strong on the 7-PW which I did when I got the VR Pro's as well. Tomorrow I'm going to compare the lofts directly and adjust everything according if need be. I really hope it's just a difference between lofts because I'm loving the feeling, the shafts, just about everything with these except the fact that I'm about a club short in the mid and scoring irons. I will update tomorrow after everything is checked and see how my results are!

Happy to report it was just a difference in lofts!! Got them bent and matched up with the VR Pro's and the distance is spot on. I can't wait to get some more course time with these beauties!!

Pretty good start on the wear mark for the 5 iron. I'm in love with this thing. I've been spending a good amount of time with this thing on the range and I'm just ripping it.

56d261dbdd2b1ab622b4b95d3eae29cc.jpg

Happy to report it was just a difference in lofts!! Got them bent and matched up with the VR Pro's and the distance is spot on. I can't wait to get some more course time with these beauties!!
How much did you alter the lofts and how many yards did it give you?
Any negative effects from messing with them?

How much did you alter the lofts and how many yards did it give you?
Any negative effects from messing with them?
2 degrees strong 7-PW. No negative effects at all. I thought my VR Pro Blades were a degree strong but they're actually 2 as well. Now all the clubs match the lofts of my old Cobra Amp Cell Pros.

Distance I've gained is about 5-7 yards of carry distance.

Pretty good start on the wear mark for the 5 iron. I'm in love with this thing. I've been spending a good amount of time with this thing on the range and I'm just ripping it.

One day I hope to be as good as you Jimmy.

2 degrees strong 7-PW. No negative effects at all. I thought my VR Pro Blades were a degree strong but they're actually 2 as well. Now all the clubs match the lofts of my old Cobra Amp Cell Pros.

That's really helpful info dude, thanks.

That's really helpful info dude, thanks.
No problemo! I think it's based on swing speed but everything I've seen or heard is about 5 yards of carry for every degree. And it hasn't given me any issues at all as far as changing the bounce goes.

I would need a part time job to afford the lessons needed to hit those clubs.
I've seen you hit the ball dude you could play them!

The grooves in the sweet spot don't stand a chance against you. U are wearing it out. Glad u got everything squared away and those are still beautiful irons

I did the same and matched the MB to the CB specs and now both sets are playing very similarly. I have gained probably 5-6yds with the MB after this. In love with them.

56d261dbdd2b1ab622b4b95d3eae29cc.jpg

Beautiful ball striking Jimmy, never quit..

Beautiful ball striking Jimmy, never quit..

Thanks Marc! You know me this is like my drug. Seeing that wear mark on a long iron like that for me only motivates me even more!

Bump for the Bridgestone Legacy staffers

As soon as I get these bent 2 degrees flat I'll be putting them in the bag

I love the way my black wedges wear in. Now only if I could get that contact wear spot right in the center they would look even better haha. These are going to look sooooo good!

I'm pretty sure that all the Team Tradition Bridgestone Legacy staffers wanted to order these with C-Taper X Flex shafts.

No need to take their actual orders.

Back