Bridgestone TOUR B Golf Balls

So, as I mentioned around the forum recently I'm going to start messing with a lot of different golf balls to find one that perfectly suits my game.

Ended up putting a Bridgestone Tour B RXS into play this past weekend. Pretty impressive stuff. Lots of action around the green, nothing spinning off the planet after it landed (thanks, J15 wedges lol), and I can still hit the ball LONG off the tee without feeling like I am mashing the golf ball at all.

This ball shocked me.

So, as I mentioned around the forum recently I'm going to start messing with a lot of different golf balls to find one that perfectly suits my game.

Ended up putting a Bridgestone Tour B RXS into play this past weekend. Pretty impressive stuff. Lots of action around the green, nothing spinning off the planet after it landed (thanks, J15 wedges lol), and I can still hit the ball LONG off the tee without feeling like I am mashing the golf ball at all.

This ball shocked me.

I enjoyed the RXS when I tried it, actually kept some really good action into the greens for me.

The XS though, is like a long lost B330-S friend, or at least close to it. Haha

I think from an aesthetics point of view the Tour B really is my favorite because of its simplistic look. I played the XS quite a bit last year and it was good but not great for me since I am a pretty high spin player. I liked it on days where there was no wind. I am excited to try the X this year.

Playing conditions over the last few days included steady winds between 10 and 20 mph. I wish I had the tools to do a formal study but there's an obvious difference off the tee with Tour B RX and ProV1. The Tour B RX held its line much better through the wind. I assume the Tour B RX has lower spin and this explains the difference. Nonetheless, the Tour B RX generated more confidence on the tee box, especially when facing 20 mph cross winds into a tight fairway.

I've come to the conclusion the tour b x and b xs are extremely good balls.

The b xs has a slightly softer feel if that is your preference and a bit more iron and greenside spin.

The b x is firm, goes a mile, and has solid greenside spin and enough spin for shots coming out of the rough.

Both are excellent. I would play either ball. If you have spin to spare go b x, if you need a little extra or prefer a softer ball go b xs.

No matter the case, if you play a tour ball you need to give these a try. They are solid.

The B330 line of golf balls from Bridgestone Golf has a storied history with the brand, but as of October 2nd, 2017, they are dead. Introducing the new TOUR B golf ball line featuring what they are calling “their most innovative and performance oriented offerings in company history”.

THP has all of the details here.

https://www.thehackersparadise.com/new-gear-alert-bridgestone-tour-b-golf-balls/

Fate. A couple years ago I bought a dozen B330rx balls. They were good but didn’t separate themselves from the pack as far as tour balls go. This spring I gave the Bridgestone line another chance and absolutely loved the TourB RX. Today I see this old thread and find out that they killed the B330 line on my b-day. I’m also in the Bridgestone Championship at Firestone CC. It’s fate. I’m not going to change my name on here again, but for anyone that’s a high spin player, you seriously need to check out the TourB RX. It’s as good of a ball as you can get for reducing driver spin and still having short game control.

It’s the workhorse of the TourB line. On the tee it’s similar to a distance ball, which is the dream of all high spin players. Around the green it has enough bite to let you know that you are playing a tour level ball. I don’t know how they improved it so much from the B330 line, but they have. It just flat out performs in every way possible for me. Im not knocking the B330 line, it was a good ball. It just didn’t separate itself from other tour balls for me. The TourB RX has. I now grab a sleeve of them if the round has meaning.

I did some chipping with the Tour B XS today around the green to see about the grab and enjoyed them a bit. Still prefer the RX off the tee, because of the lower spin I get, but had 3/4 of a dozen of these to mess around with and had some fun. Want to test them out against the Chrome Soft X and see how they fare.

If life and golf were fair, we could use the TourB RX for every shot 175+ and the TourB XS for everything 175 in. I doubt it would make any meaningful difference in my score but that would be awesome!

I originally wanted to play the XS but when the golf shop only had the RX, I went that route. Wowza! They are long for a high spin player, and don’t leave a ton to be desired around the green. The RX is definitely my ball.

Playing conditions over the last few days included steady winds between 10 and 20 mph. I wish I had the tools to do a formal study but there's an obvious difference off the tee with Tour B RX and ProV1. The Tour B RX held its line much better through the wind. I assume the Tour B RX has lower spin and this explains the difference. Nonetheless, the Tour B RX generated more confidence on the tee box, especially when facing 20 mph cross winds into a tight fairway.

Yup! They generated a name change for me. I dropped the “prov1x”. The RX did that for me. I fight spin demons and this ball cuts the wind like no ones business. Titleist lost me on tour balls a year or two back when I found out I was better just playing cheap distance balls. Then they brought out the AVX and life was better. The RX for me compares very favorably to the AVX. It plays almost exactly the same, plenty of distance and enough control around the green to keep my interest. I haven’t played it enough yet to fully communicate the subtle differences but if I had to say it right now, I think the RX is a yard or two short of the AVX but has more than a little bit more greenside control.

Hey in a perfect world we could hit distance balls on the tee and use the TourB XS for every shot in, into the cup. The TourB RX wraps that all into as tidy of a package as is possible. It doesn’t leave much meat on the bone ? on any side of the spectrum. A sleeve will be in my pocket for every meaningful round here on out, at least until Bridgestone brings out something better:), which will be a VERY tall task.

As I guy who always preferred really low compression balls, the performance improvement I'm getting from the RX makes me wish I'd switched long ago.

I’ve been gaming the B-XS for over 12 months now and I wouldn’t change it for anything. Great distance, awesome spin. What more could you want.

Just ordered 4 dozen B-RX. I’m looking forward to trying them out before the Hogan Experience. I’ve been trying to find a ball to help with driver spin and I’m hoping this is it.

WITB (For Now)-

Cleveland Launcher HB 10.5*
TEE CBX 4w
TEE CB1 7w
Adams CB2 4-G
Cleveland RTX-3 54*,58*,62*
Yes! Marilyn
Bridgestone Tour B-RX

Just ordered 4 dozen B-RX. I’m looking forward to trying them out before the Hogan Experience. I’ve been trying to find a ball to help with driver spin and I’m hoping this is it.

WITB (For Now)-

TEE CBX 4w
TEE CB1 7w
Adams CB2 4-G
Yes! Marilyn
Bridgestone Tour B-RX

It won’t cure high spin with driver but between it and the AVX, they’ve been the best premium balls I’ve found for it. @trmpt98 was seeing 400 RPM’s less with this ball at The Fit Like A Pro event at Bridgestone HQ. That is a crazy amount just by switching a ball.

WITB (For Now)-

TEE CBX 4w
TEE CB1 7w
Adams CB2 4-G
Yes! Marilyn
Bridgestone Tour B-RX

Like another said I got fit into the RX. I was previously a Z star player and picked up a dozen RXS at the beginning of the season to test before I won the Bridgestone trip. Comparing the numbers between the RXS an RX the felt similar on short shots and chips responded pretty similar but I’m not one to put a bunch of spin on iron shots. So the deciding factor was driver spin. The RX reduced my spin by 400-500 RPM. I’ll be able to report more after this week. My RX shipment got here Friday and really look forward to getting them in play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been switching back and forth the past few weeks between the X and XS. I can't really tell if there is a big difference between the balls. I did have a great driving day with the X in play, but I'm still wondering if the XS is the better ball long term for me since I could always use more spin with my wedges.

It won’t cure high spin with driver but between it and the AVX, they’ve been the best premium balls I’ve found for it. @trmpt98 was seeing 400 RPM’s less with this ball at The Fit Like A Pro event at Bridgestone HQ. That is a crazy amount just by switching a ball.

I’m not expecting a huge drop but every little bit helps

WITB (For Now)-

TEE CBX 4w
TEE CB1 7w
Adams CB2 4-G
Yes! Marilyn
Bridgestone Tour B-RX

Ditto. I rinsed my share of balls after playing 135 holes between Thursday and Sunday. Time to place another Tour B RX order to replenish inventory levels.

Found a Tour B X on the first hole so decided to put it in play starting on 2 for the heck of it. I always shyed away for playing this ball because of my lack of swing speed. Loved it off the tee. Was hitting high, long, straighter drivers with this ball. Did not mind it in the other aspects of the game but still prefer my normal RX probably because I have been playing it so many years and know what to expect from it. If I ever play a scramble again, I know I will have a B X to hit off the tee.

Compared the RX and X today and just couldn't find the sweet spot with the X. Of course, I also switch back to my previous driver (Rogue Draw) to se if it should remain my 2nd choice (instead of 1st choice) to my Tour Edge EXS. I'm going to give it another go on my next round but with the EXS back in the bag after hitting only 3 fairways with the Rogue compared to 6 out of 6 yesterday with the EXS. I was not feeling it with the X and switched back to the RX after hitting the X into the nether world. The RX just seems to fit my swing speed better.

Found a Tour B X on the first hole so decided to put it in play starting on 2 for the heck of it. I always shyed away for playing this ball because of my lack of swing speed. Loved it off the tee. Was hitting high, long, straighter drivers with this ball. Did not mind it in the other aspects of the game but still prefer my normal RX probably because I have been playing it so many years and know what to expect from it. If I ever play a scramble again, I know I will have a B X to hit off the tee.

So your thoughts on the TourB X is the reason that I switched to an “X version” of a golf ball. Love it off the tee, Straight and Long with reduced spin. I know you in the past you felt like your driver speed (and mine as well) couldn’t work with an “X” version, however I’m finding the lower driver spin makes a difference. Think the key is finding an “X” version that one can be comfortable with in the short game.

So your thoughts on the TourB X is the reason that I switched to an “X version” of a golf ball. Love it off the tee, Straight and Long with reduced spin. I know you in the past you felt like your driver speed (and mine as well) couldn’t work with an “X” version, however I’m finding the lower driver spin makes a difference. Think the key is finding an “X” version that one can be comfortable with in the short game.
Yes, I learned today not to just dismiss an "X" version based solely on swing speed. I'm sure too that it is probably easier for me to compress those balls when it is 98 degrees than when it is 68 degrees. I have tried the B330S (now Tour B XS or the Tiger ball) and liked them in the dead of summer but not so much when the temps were below about 75.

Have to compared the X(s) to the RX(S) versions? Just curious in your opinions to the differences. I think my goal was to get a good all around ball and with the reduction of spin on the driver it should help. I also have a dozen of the XS I received and might give a go during some outings to see how they respond.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After following the Bridgestone event last weekend......color me intrigued with the Bridgestone line. I would like to go through a fitting like this for myself. Look forward to seeing the fitting locations as they come up

After following the Bridgestone event last weekend......color me intrigued with the Bridgestone line. I would like to go through a fitting like this for myself. Look forward to seeing the fitting locations as they come up

Have you tried the online?

Have you tried the online?

I have. I did it yesterday actually and I did it a year or so ago and its changed. For the good that is. I could be in the B RX or the B XS according to the fitting chart. I say between each because of drive distance, that could vary with me. Getting the numbers on GCQ would be fun and lay it out a little better I believe.

Or, I go buy a doz of each and see how it goes :D That sounds like fun to me

I have. I did it yesterday actually and I did it a year or so ago and its changed. For the good that is. I could be in the B RX or the B XS according to the fitting chart. I say between each because of drive distance, that could vary with me. Getting the numbers on GCQ would be fun and lay it out a little better I believe.

Or, I go buy a doz of each and see how it goes :D That sounds like fun to me

The fitting process and results are very interesting. I plugged Trackman numbers into the online model and RX was the recommendation. I like the ball and definitely felt it was the right choice. Before the ball fitting at Firestone, we went around the table and predicted if we knew the ball fitting results. I said yes.

I sat next to James, the fitter, at dinner and we talked extensively about the process. I followed Pete379 in the fitting and that was a bad idea. Just kidding; don't try to swing like him. I missed a couple of shots but James collected enough data for a good conversation. He suggested trying the RXS. I was sure he was wrong but agreed to try. :D

The 8 iron number, even with limited shots, blew me away. I picked up 3-4 yards of height. My miss is low trajectory and I spent a small fortune trying to correct this problem. A descending blow is still the number one issue but picking up height is huge. During yesterday's round, I had quite a few iron shots that met my definition of a good shot. The Tour B RXS gets props here. The S model has a different cover and it stays on the club a little longer. Rub two RXS together. Now do the same with two RX. You'll feel the difference.

The pros typically use the S model because they want to curve it.

The fitting is a must-do if your desire is lower scores with a minimal investment. Who says no to that? I believe the fitting process makes a difference and appreciate James helping me out. Hit Randy or me up in August if you don't complete the fitting before then.

Back