Briggs Ranch intro and first hole break down

It seems like you can keep Data Simulation weekly power ranking description the same for next week.
Captain America Lol GIF by mtv

With these greens, you cannot commit to a bogey anywhere.
After taking 42 putts in the first round here I can attest to this!

It's a tough opening hole. Needs an accurate drive just off the right side of the second bunker. You can roll it thru the fairway without much punishment. The rough wasn't very tough in November. Anything to the right makes for a LONG approach. Green was challenging for me. Had two 3-putt bogeys.

Better dust off that hybrid if you’re not a long knocker lol. Green is elevated from a collection area below if you’re short. Long leaves you a downhill something. I love this course, but the first two holes are a rough start.

Which is partly why I just bought a Cally CPO Paradym 6 hybrid to turn down and replace my 5 iron. Don't trust long approach shots with that one from the deck to hold these greens.

It's the downhill lie, into a shallow green even from the fairway. Tough hole!

Shark Tank Writing GIF

It's a hard hole. Even with a great drive you're looking at a downhill lie with probably a mid iron into a not very receptive green with no great place to miss. Flair a drive out right and you've got a looong second shot coming.

yup. #2 might be the second hardest as well.
Yep. And it could be the most dangerous with possible baby rattlesnakes in the fairway.

That's no fun. Honestly, left isn't that bad.
That's true, unless the pin is left. Then just chip up past and take a 2 putt bogey. This just brings back memories.... @Hawk you've got to be the easiest going guy to play with. It was easy to play with you there. Relaxed, let the bad shots go, and just played. So enjoyable. Thanks.

That's true, unless the pin is left. Then just chip up past and take a 2 putt bogey. This just brings back memories.... @Hawk you've got to be the easiest going guy to play with. It was easy to play with you there. Relaxed, let the bad shots go, and just played. So enjoyable. Thanks.
Great memories. We did have a fun day, didn't we!

With these greens, you cannot commit to a bogey anywhere.
With the green change to bermuda is there a lot more grain influence on putts or are they a fine leaf blend that rolls true?

With the green change to bermuda is there a lot more grain influence on putts or are they a fine leaf blend that rolls true?
All I know is they rolled great in Nov.

No, these roll true.

Love this @Templet0n … Don’t get use to the praise.

It's a hard hole. Even with a great drive you're looking at a downhill lie with probably a mid iron into a not very receptive green with no great place to miss. Flair a drive out right and you've got a looong second shot coming.

yup. #2 might be the second hardest as well.
Such a great starting hole for sure

Yep. And it could be the most dangerous with possible baby rattlesnakes in the fairway.
Nah we have a bag of metal sticks. Not much of a concern.

So does this hole play slightly easier for a left-hander given the shape? Also with the trouble at the green on the right side that would seem to be a slight advantage as well

I don't hit it a mile from the tee, so this looks like a hybrid to the green for me. So a tough start for sure!

Thanks @Templet0n for doing this!

First hole looks like a nice way to start the round. Fling it around the corner and hope for the best

Back