Bryson DeChambeau Thread

Bryson was the only guy to go 14/14 in FIR yesterday at Shriners.

Bryson overdoes it to make people think he is brilliant. Talking about the coefficient of restitution for a flagstick is so pretentious. I am a Ph.D. and know that you speak the language in academia and in a professional setting but not in every day converstions.

I hope he can get it done today. Would be huge for the new release too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bryson or Champ! Either wound be a win win for me.

This guy is on some kind of roll. 3 wins in last 5 events. 5 wins already in his young career and continuing to get better.

This guy is on some kind of roll. 3 wins in last 5 events. 5 wins already in his young career and continuing to get better.

USGA is going to ban winning

It’s kind of crazy that just a couple years ago people were questioning whether or not he could make it on tour and now a lot of people think he’ll be the #1 golfer in the world at some point. It’ll be interesting to see how he settles into the majors over the next couple years and whether or not he can get over that hurdle.

It’s kind of crazy that just a couple years ago people were questioning whether or not he could make it on tour and now a lot of people think he’ll be the #1 golfer in the world at some point. It’ll be interesting to see how he settles into the majors over the next couple years and whether or not he can get over that hurdle.

Agreed. Looking at some of the other youngsters that have been touted as the next big thing, he has lapped most of them.

Wrap around yawners. hahahaha!

He really is on to something. I do wonder how good he would have been without all the crazy science stuff, but I suppose that's like asking if Tiger would be good without all the... 'competitive fire' stuff.

I really never expected him to pass Ricky but he has, at least temporarily

He really is on to something. I do wonder how good he would have been without all the crazy science stuff, but I suppose that's like asking if Tiger would be good without all the... 'competitive fire' stuff.

This one had a decent field with Spieth and Fowler there but his Fedex Cup wins were definitely stout Fields.

This one had a decent field with Spieth and Fowler there but his Fedex Cup wins were definitely stout Fields.
This was one of the best fields the Shriners has seen in recent years and Bryson put ona show. There were quite a few young up and coming players too, including several recent winners like Cam Champ and Kevin Tway. This tournament wasn't the FedEx Cup, but there was quite a bit of pressure from Cantlay, Fowler, Sam Ryder and Lucas Glover (despite his 18th hole collapse). Bryson took it all and responded in a big way. I was impressed.

what about the “crazy science stuff” do you think has held him back?

Interesting thought. If BAD wins tomorrow it will be his 5th win. Among the Cobra/Puma staple he would surpass Rickie who only has 4 wins.

Who is the better player overall? Who is the Elite player?

I'm a huge Rickie fan but BAD's rise to stardom is hard to dismiss.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I said the same after his last win. To me there is no doubt he is the better golfer right now, and no real reason to think he won't have the better career. Not nearly as likeable as Ricky though.

Attitudes and likeability aside, I think Ricky has put himself in contention more over last couple years. That said, BAD has shown the ability to close where Ricky hasn’t.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

what about the “crazy science stuff” do you think has held him back?

I’m not Canadan, but....I think he’s overthinking stuff sometimes. At some point you just have to swing the club.

Love that he got another win and hope his success continues.

I’m not Canadan, but....I think he’s overthinking stuff sometimes. At some point you just have to swing the club.

That's just how he plays. I don't think he knows any other way but by knowing as much as he can before he swings.
Go find a video of Bryson talking with his caddie. He focuses so hard on a very specific target before pulling the trigger.

Hes got 4 wins in his last 12 Tournaments...I'd say hes doing something right.

who has been just swinging the club and winning more than he has? i think we keep assuming that his analytical approach will catch up to him and be a hinderance someday. but on what basis can we make that assumption? he played great in his amateur career. now he is succeeding at the highest level. seems to be working pretty darn well, right?

USGA is going to ban winning

Yep, we'll be seeing participation trophies soon. Haha...

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Im not saying anything bad about him, hes winning and that's what matters.

I just cant get on the DeChambeau train........

who has been just swinging the club and winning more than he has? i think we keep assuming that his analytical approach will catch up to him and be a hinderance someday. but on what basis can we make that assumption? he played great in his amateur career. now he is succeeding at the highest level. seems to be working pretty darn well, right?

I discussed this with a friend yesterday. I think Bryson's brain is wired just like a lot of people. A LOT. I have an engineering background and now do software development, and have seen countless people like him. But, he also happens to have insane natural talent and work ethic for playing golf, so that's where he ended up.

Statistically, you don't see many athletes who are wired the way he is. Most of those "different" people go into sciences. Most don't have inclination for sports. Him being a golfer is very similar to seeing a "jock" go into engineering (my experience). They stick out and seem really weird. In reality, they are normal people who happen to be slightly different than the very specific set of people they are around.

So no, I don't think it's either helping or hurting him. It's just how he is. And when people mock him being different, well, seems like that's counter to growing the game.

See I think that the different things he does, and the tinkering helps to protect him from his brain. Instead of overthinking his golf swing he overthinks everything else.

I was locked into Saints/Rams but I did catch the Eagle putt and tap in Par on 18. Good for the Mad Scientist! Love what he's doing.

Back