Budget Launch monitors... ES14 , Mevo , SC300

I like my sc300 but don't love it at it's price point...too finicky with placement to get close to accurate distances for me. says my 7i only carries 130 when I play my 7i for anything between 150-160 (off the ground) and it reaches. I've moved it back/forward with not much change...it may not be completely level but I don't have the luxury of bringing a hoe to the range and moving dirt/grass around to build an ideal placement...and I don't care to bring it around the course while I am playing...that being said, it's fun to play with but that's about it to me...
I am really surprised that so many have issues with the SC300 like your 7i issue. It should be doing better than that as that is way too far off. A few yards would be ok, but not 20 or more.

Not sure why mine works good, but I am so glad it does because it is an expensive device. Mine even does well with swing speed and distance and I am impressed with smash factor readings. It would be neat to have some more features. It has really helped me zero in much better and take that to the course.

It has really been a game changer for me, especially reducing my mishits and improving my driving. About the only issue it has is the occasional missed recording which is not a big deal once you get used to it. Probably no more than 1 or 2 in 15-20 hits or so. There are times it simply does not record the hit for whatever reason and it can be a good hit too.

Could elevation play a role in the inaccuracies people are experiencing?

we all remember Herm Edwards hitting 300 yd bombs on Driver vs Driver out in Colorado with his 88 mph swing.

Could elevation play a role in the inaccuracies people are experiencing?

we all remember Herm Edwards hitting 300 yd bombs on Driver vs Driver out in Colorado with his 88 mph swing.

Who knows. Having tried it at Sea Level and at higher than sea level, I think its manufactured poorly, distributed poorly, followed up with poorly when speaking of the SC300.
When speaking of the MEVO, I believe its unit to unit but we have tested a handful and every one of them was off at a minimum of 4 out of 10 swings.

I view these two devices as decent amounts of money and the only reason they are on the market is because this type of performance is accepted and it shouldn't be.

Who knows. Having tried it at Sea Level and at higher than sea level, I think its manufactured poorly, distributed poorly, followed up with poorly when speaking of the SC300.
When speaking of the MEVO, I believe its unit to unit but we have tested a handful and every one of them was off at a minimum of 4 out of 10 swings.

I view these two devices as decent amounts of money and the only reason they are on the market is because this type of performance is accepted and it shouldn't be.

true.I may have missed it but is the little Garmin Unit (G80 I think it’s called)any better ?

Reviews I saw on YouTube seemed to be within a couple yards of high end LM’s. I think it sells for around $450 now

true.I may have missed it but is the little Garmin Unit (G80 I think it’s called)any better ?

Reviews I saw on YouTube seemed to be within a couple yards of high end LM’s. I think it sells for around $450 now

the approach g80 was closer to what I was seeing on the shop's sim both ss-wise and distance...

Only tried it a single time and I would say YouTubers idea of a couple of yards are a bit different than mine.

I want to add that even Garmin doesn't think its accurate.
They say the club head speed is +or- 5 mph and the same with carry distance.

Im sure some will find that useful as a toy, but if its for anybody that is serious about any sort of club fitting, gapping, etc its severely flawed.

Anyone tried the PRGR? Seeing that the 500USD units (and even the 2,000USD) seem to be all over the map I would be happy to go to the 200USD mark and accept that it gives me club head, ball speed, smash, and carry somewhat accurately. At least with those nrs if they are consistent readings I get some comparison to how I'm hitting it. For lessons / fittings it seems clear that you have to go to GC / Trackman grade devices.

I want to add that even Garmin doesn't think its accurate.
They say the club head speed is +or- 5 mph and the same with carry distance.

Im sure some will find that useful as a toy, but if its for anybody that is serious about any sort of club fitting, gapping, etc its severely flawed.

I figured the +- 5yds was more less a generic disclaimer. like the old play at your own risk sign at the local park.

I mean if you compared a CGQuad to a Trackman wouldn’t there be up to 5 yds difference per shot?

I know I’ve hit my driver at a store using GC2 and it was showing spin rates 1900-2300. Right before that I rented time on an indoor Trackman at a place next door and I didn’t hit one drive Under 3k spin.

one of the high end units had to obviously be reading inaccurately.

Main reason I won’t do an indoor fitting where I can’t see actual ball flight.

I figured the +- 5yds was more less a generic disclaimer. like the old play at your own risk sign at the local park.

I mean if you compared a CGQuad to a Trackman wouldn’t there be up to 5 yds difference per shot?

I know I’ve hit my driver at a store using GC2 and it was showing spin rates 1900-2300. Right before that I rented time on an indoor Trackman at a place next door and I didn’t hit one drive Under 3k spin.

one of the high end units had to obviously be reading inaccurately.

Indoors sure. But not shot to shot...on same device.

Im not here to tell anybody how to spend their money. If you think they are going to give you what you want out of a device, I say go for it.
For me, with or without any other high end devices, I dont see how they offer anything of value with a lack of consistency and accuracy.

So are we saying Skytrak is ‘good enough’ or does that get lumped in with the $500 devices for accuracy?

(Not looking good get anything just yet, as JB’s recent teasers have given me good reason to hold off for a bit)

Picked up the Ernest Sports ES14 today... My mat comes today and still waiting on my net to ship. once I have everything ill report back with what I notice from the monitor!

I bought the PRGR unit and have done dry swings and they were all very close to numbers I got on trackman.

I will try some swings with balls when I get the chance.

I bought it based on this review with the guy playing on the course with a laser and calibrating the radar numbers off of actual course data

I was looking at the G80 but the above comments has me a bit concerned. The Mevo is all over the place. The ES14 looks decent. And the PRGR looks Promising. Is there a clear winner here in this market?

So I am still struggling to get my ES14 positioned correctly so it picks up every swing, currently I’m getting it about 1/3-1/2 of the time.
It was a second hand unit without the ball alignment guide that comes in the new box.
I’m wondering if anyone else has this unit and has similar issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was looking at the G80 but the above comments has me a bit concerned. The Mevo is all over the place. The ES14 looks decent. And the PRGR looks Promising. Is there a clear winner here in this market?
so far im impressed

Did some reading on the SC300 and a lot of chatter that it is very sensitive to being level. Meaning if you are hitting even on slight upslopes or downslopes, or if the stand leg isn't all the way out, it will affect the readings. No specific examples of course. :)

The PRGR definitely seems to be increasing in popularity although it doesn't give you a ton of data. Seems like a nice budget basic model.

Did some reading on the SC300 and a lot of chatter that it is very sensitive to being level. Meaning if you are hitting even on slight upslopes or downslopes, or if the stand leg isn't all the way out, it will affect the readings. No specific examples of course. :)

We heard that too, so tested it on concrete. Still a ******* turd.

Giving up on all these and will save up for SkyTrak instead, unless anything better comes out in the meantime.

The range I use regularly is downhill. Would that be an issue with something like the ES14?

Any experience with rapsodo?

Just checked Ernest Sports and found a new budget model that solves my current concern with the ES14 of being in front of you and distracting your eye line. Also makes the ES14 $55 cheaper.

Just checked Ernest Sports and found a new budget model that solves my current concern with the ES14 of being in front of you and distracting your eye line. Also makes the ES14 $55 cheaper.

$550. pushing the upper end of the value prop for me, but i’d love to try it and compare to something else.

$550. pushing the upper end of the value prop for me, but i’d love to try it and compare to something else.

I actually picked up my ES14 off eBay for half price

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back