Bushnell Golf Wingman GPS Speaker

I would think it’s redundant since it’s paired with your phone...but idk which phone apps give you audible yardage updates...now, if it took a micro sd card that’s preloaded with music, it eliminates the need for the phone to play music...idk.

I would think it’s redundant since it’s paired with your phone...but idk which phone apps give you audible yardage updates...now, if it took a micro sd card that’s preloaded with music, it eliminates the need for the phone to play music...idk.
Like you I thought the same thing, you have to pair it up with the Bushnell golf app. so in essence this is just a speaker with Bluetooth capabilities and a voice. :unsure:

I find this entire product just strange.

^ Have to agree. Novel idea, but doesn't interest me in the least. I'd rather let my Bluetooth music speaker be a music speaker and use my GPS watch and rangefinder for distances.

This product looks like a solution looking for a problem.
Hard pass on this.

Not a fan of music on the course (it’s not the done thing in Europe at all) but I can see the appeal of this for those that do like it.

kinda interesting that they have GPS and speaker ... seems like match in heaven...

This would fit my brother to a T. He loves playing music during a round and currently doesn’t have a gps. At $149 though he’s not buying it. Too frugal. At $75 he’d probably be in though.

Speaker...cool. Audible distances? Its interrupting my music to tell me yardage? Hard NO. I'll take the other Wingman all day every day

I ordered one. mostly for golf league nights and the golf trip this summer. yardage thing sounds fun but I was in the market for a speaker and the ability for me to stick this magnetically to the cart is enough.

Welcome to 2020!
I was just going to ask if anyone has tried one yet?
Not having to take my phone out to check yardage would be nice.

Bluetooth speaker cool distance technology cool ...audible yardages no thanks. I like to see center...grab aclub and see front back again. Not listening to it over again. Also bunkers, water, other distances she could speak for minutes. Haha phantom > Wingman

I'm on a hard ponder on this!

Ok I’ve got one of these en route!

Well this is pretty interesting. I am a laser guy but I could really see this selling well.

We just got these in, and they are really really cool. Lots of features.

Ok I’ve got one of these en route!
awesome didnt take long. seems like a good tool if you like music and with the detachable button that you can hit from anywhere.

awesome didnt take long. seems like a good tool if you like music and with the detachable button that you can hit from anywhere.

That’s a really cool feature that I’m really looking forward to trying out. I know for a lot of people this product doesn’t make any sense but for me I think it’s awesome. I always forget my speaker at home so this will force me to bring music to the course and then I don’t have to buy a separate GPS unit. I think it should be pretty slick.

That’s a really cool feature that I’m really looking forward to trying out. I know for a lot of people this product doesn’t make any sense but for me I think it’s awesome. I always forget my speaker at home so this will force me to bring music to the course and then I don’t have to buy a separate GPS unit. I think it should be pretty slick.
less things to charge... I usually charge phantom n speaker (when used). one less battery to worry about being charged.

Initial reviews are showing well, but I'm getting mixed messages on the review of the Bushnell Golf App, which can be a bit disconcerting. I think I'm going to give it some time before pulling the trigger on this.

Initial reviews are showing well, but I'm getting mixed messages on the review of the Bushnell Golf App, which can be a bit disconcerting. I think I'm going to give it some time before pulling the trigger on this.

i will report back in this once I get it

I used it once with the phantom that i bought. It was fine always shows the three arcs of distance.

A lot of target distances around the greens and to trouble - cartoon graphics vs satellite

Just arrived

12C02A16-1778-4C99-9E72-B835054D775C.jpeg

A guy on my league has one of these and loves it, speaker sounds pretty good and the magnet holds well from what I'm told.

A guy on my league has one of these and loves it, speaker sounds pretty good and the magnet holds well from what I'm told.

Audio is surprisingly really good and gets plenty loud. The magnet here was the shocker. Tried it on a few magnetic surfaces around the house and it literally jumps out the hand to lock on! Its plenty strong!

Back