Bushnell Tour v4 Slope Edition Laser Rangefinder - THP Review Thread

So are there any updates for the ones that were not working well?

Sent from my LEX727 using Tapatalk

Beuller bueller

So are there any updates for the ones that were not working well?

I can speak on this. I've made no attempt to reset the unit or anything like that, just standard play over the last month or so.

Honestly, I am very disappointed my experience with the V4. There are a few holes on my course that are consistently missed by the V4, and on some days, I have sat there for multiple minutes trying to hit the pin only to get the backdrop distance. It picks up the background fairly quickly in these situations, even if I am panning scanning for the flag.

I find it interesting that I get different distances to the pins that hit quickly (3-4 yard differences) hitting it multiple times. Not sure what to think about that. The acquisition is lightning fast on the good experiences, It's by far the best asset of the unit, but in terms of pin collection I'd say my GolfBuddy LR5 does a much better job grabbing pins accurately.

Maybe I just got a bad unit. Maybe my expectations were far too high. Maybe I should accept the 20% fault rate, but *shrug* -- I am far from impressed.

Well I never heard from you so I got one anyhow, played twice with it, so far so good for me but I'm coming from a non jolt slope unit, this was easier to lock on fit me at my home course

Well I never heard from you so I got one anyhow, played twice with it, so far so good for me but I'm coming from a non jolt slope unit, this was easier to lock on fit me at my home course

That's awesome!! Glad it is working well for you.

Does it jolt for things other than the pin? Mine does often.

If it makes you feel any better the tour x does the same just not as frequently as the v4

I can speak on this. I've made no attempt to reset the unit or anything like that, just standard play over the last month or so.

Honestly, I am very disappointed my experience with the V4. There are a few holes on my course that are consistently missed by the V4, and on some days, I have sat there for multiple minutes trying to hit the pin only to get the backdrop distance. It picks up the background fairly quickly in these situations, even if I am panning scanning for the flag.

I find it interesting that I get different distances to the pins that hit quickly (3-4 yard differences) hitting it multiple times. Not sure what to think about that. The acquisition is lightning fast on the good experiences, It's by far the best asset of the unit, but in terms of pin collection I'd say my GolfBuddy LR5 does a much better job grabbing pins accurately.

Maybe I just got a bad unit. Maybe my expectations were far too high. Maybe I should accept the 20% fault rate, but *shrug* -- I am far from impressed.

Reset it, it helps.

I just posted a WTB thread for either a X or V4....if anyone is shopping theirs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My buddy has the v3 version and we compared today, seems like they are the same other than size, we both agreed that mine was faster , I have read some people had to get a replacement and others are fine ,I will post if mine gets wacky , but I do not seem to get background stuff that much

how does one do that? I haven't had to do that with mine, but curious

1. Push and hold the trigger and cycle through the different modes. Cycle back to correct mode.
2. Let power down (meaning dont use for 5 minutes or so)
3. Remove Battery
4. Insert Battery back in device after waiting 10 minutes.

Back