Butch Harmon Backs Haney Writing Book On His Time With Tiger

Butch Harmon Backs Haney Writing Book On His Time With Tiger

• Yes

Votes: 26 45.6%
  • No

Votes: 31 54.4%

• Total voters
From the excerpt I read in the current Golf Digest, to my thinking, Tiger looks like an idiot who doesn't seem to care about golf. Hank says Tiger was obsessed with becoming a Navy Seal.

Before reading the GD excerpt I would have said no. The excerpt has me interested though

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Is this the April issue?

Tappin!

Before reading the GD excerpt I would have said no. The excerpt has me interested though

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Same here. I said I wouldn't read it but after reading the GD stuff this evening along with the fact is pisses Tiger off, I may have to read it after all.

I'm not a fan of tiger or hank so I doubt I'll read it. However, if it shows up at the local library I may flip through it. But there's NO WAY I'd pay for it.

And Hank has every right to write the book, same as anybody. If Tiger was more open and didn't live in a cocoon Hank might not have anything to write about in the first place.

Hank Haney ... You're NO Butch Harmon!

Hank Haney inherited the best player in the world in Tiger Woods when Tiger left then Coach Butch Harmon to join Hank Haney. I’m sure looking back, that’s a decision or “memory” that Tiger would like to forget.

On the heels of Tiger’s 7th win at Bay Hill, Hank Haney’s book “The Big Miss” hit the shelves and Amazon.com on Tuesday. While still defending his choice to write the book citing “memories” he wanted to “share”, the public in general is not buying it.

The vast majority of comments on articles and news updates are critical of the former Tiger coach for what many believe is a serious breach of the professional relationship he enjoyed with Tiger.

Strangely quiet is the coach that preceded Hank. Butch Harmon has hardly said a word and we know from reports that the breakup between Butch and Tiger wasn’t altogether wonderful either. The difference is this… Butch Harmon is a real golf coach.

When Tiger and Butch parted ways, there was no “book deal” that sweetened the pot and when asked about the book, Butch seemed to shrug it all off.

Meanwhile, in a Q&A with The Post, former Woods’ teacher, Butch Harmon, had this to say when asked if he planned to read Haney’s book:

“I might read excerpts on it. I probably won’t,” Harmon said. “But I’m not one that has a problem with Hank writing it. I think we live in a country of freedom of speech and I think he has the right to articulate anything he wants to articulate. I wish him all the success with it. I hope that it’s just informative and not vindictive.”

I think we all feel the same way. It was only when we realized that there were private moments being depicted without Tiger’s consent that were meant to defame, discredit, and be vindictive that many people took offense.

Clearly Butch Harmon is a professional and while he may reserve the right to write a golf book, he makes a clear distinction when he says, “I hope that it’s just informative and not vindictive.”

I don’t think there is any question about Hank Haney’s motives. He could care less about Tiger or the public. Hank was only interested in Bank.

This is supposed to be a coach of a gentleman’s game. One in which we call penalties on ourselves as a point of honor. Butch Harmon understands that even though he doesn’t coach Tiger anymore.

Hank could take a lesson from Butch … on class.

Very nice 1st post and I especially liked the last sentence. Welcome to THP.

Nope. No interest for me in this book.

After reading a few excerpts I'm interested in the book. I probably won't buy it, might see if I can download it somewhere. If everything Haney is reporting in the book is true then I have no problem with him writing the book. The people that pontificate about this being a "Gentlemen’s game" and him writing this book violates some unwritten rule are backwards in their thinking. Everyone is going to have their opinion on this topic because the book is about Tiger. But in the end, if everything in the book is true, there is no one to blame except Tiger himself. He keeps himself so tightly wound that it's only human/media nature to poke and prod things that they are curious about. This book intrigues me because like one analyst said, it reveals the "Michael Jackson-esque" eccentricities about someone we know very little about off the course.

I'm going to read it - I put in a request for my library to order it.

I agree with the comment about Hank Haney not exhibiting some of Butch Harmon's "class," but maybe Hank spent too much time around Tiger! Just a thought.

hmm, read book...pass

he has the right to write the book, just not interested enough to read it. I am sure i will hear bits and pieces of it.

From what i have heard this book is mostly about coaching a super athlete with alittle more detail about the athlete. I believe hank wanted to get his experience out so everyone knows his side instead of the "Tiger" version that tiger and his people would put out.

With stevie and Hank both coming out saying things about Tiger it appears he didnt treat anyone in his inner circle very good. I will probably not read it but im sure it would be a interesting read.

I am in no way a Tiger hater or a Tiger fan. He is a super amazing golfer and one of best 2 golfers of all time but i think this book will show alittle information on having to teach someone of Tigers abilities.

I'll probably download it as an e-book. It will be an interesting read, Im sure.

I have considered reading book, but haven't made the move yet.

Back