• Yes

Votes: 26 45.6%
  • No

Votes: 31 54.4%

• Total voters

JeffReedMO

Banned
Reaction score
Just read an interesting article on the Global Golf Coast, where Butch Harmon was asked his thoughts on Hank Haney's controversial new book. Harmon, a former instructor for Tiger Woods himself, said he probably won't read the book, maybe a few of the excerpts, but he stands behind Haney's decision to write the book, saying Haney has freedom of speech and can write what he wants. Harmon did go on to add that he hopes the book is "informative, and not vindictive".

http://www.globalgolfpost.com/qa/haney05/

Are you going to read Hank Haney's book, "The Big Miss"?

Aaargh, Jeff, not another TW thread! You know what it's going to turn into... Nothing against you, bro, and it's a legit question, but it'll turn into the same ol TW homers vs haters, etc. talk...

Don't think I will be reading it, but I imagine anything of note will be being discussed in the media and on THP. I agree with Butch on this 100%.

No I won't read it. I'm sure its a fine read but I'm not that interested.

I agree with Harmon, it's all good till someone gets their eye poked.

Aaargh, Jeff, not another TW thread! You know what it's going to turn into... Nothing against you, bro, and it's a legit question, but it'll turn into the same ol TW homers vs haters, etc. talk...

You are probably right. It's an interesting discussion though and I am really not too concerned with the Tiger Woods aspect of it. I think what makes me curious is, whether players will trust Haney from here on out (though he has said and I am assuming, Tiger was and will be the last pro he coaches). And whether we see more confidentiality clauses moving forward.

You are probably right. It's an interesting discussion though and I am really not too concerned with the Tiger Woods aspect of it. I think what makes me curious is, whether players will trust Haney from here on out (though he has said and I am assuming, Tiger was and will be the last pro he coaches). And whether we see more confidentiality clauses moving forward.

I see that point...and it is an interesting question. Didn't know that Haney didn't have a pro he was teaching currently.

I was gonna start taking some lessons from Hank but that sucka might tell everyone my bidnezz

I see that point...and it is an interesting question. Didn't know that Haney didn't have a pro he was teaching currently.

Well, I read the excerpt in the latest Golf Digest, and he said at the time he was teaching Woods, he would be his last professional student. Whether that is true or not or holds true for the future, who knows. I just wonder in light of the whole Tiger/Stevie/Hank thing, if we will see tighter posses surrounding players and confidentiality clauses all over in contracts.

I will be reading it.

Don't think I will be reading it, but I imagine anything of note will be being discussed in the media and on THP. I agree with Butch on this 100%.

Pretty much where I'm at. I have no interest in reading the book. I could really care less about Tiger or the book.

Don't expect I'll be reading it...but who knows. I'm just not much of a book reader.

I usually try and read a book or two during the Summer break and this is on my list, so yes, I will be reading it.

I won't read it...no real interest...but Haney had every right to write the book.

I'll probably read it. I'm reading "The Swinger" right now about Tigger's ordeal and I love it. I'm interested in his life.

Won't read it. Not even remotely interested in it. Stevie, on the other hand, might have some interesting stories to share.

I might download it to my $500 reader if the price is right. Maybe $6.99 or so. Not more than that.

Kevin

Ya i will be reading it, i really like Hank Haney.. And i don't think there will be many "negative" attacks or anything on anyone, more of his journey as a coach and and the highs and lows of what happened on his journey.

I think some people are reading a little to much into it , by thinking its attacking tiger. I don't believe it will be, But know one can really say untill they read it.

I want to read it, but I don't want to spend money to do so; thus I most likely won't read it.

Well, if the excerpt in Golf Digest is any indication, I really don't see what all the fuss is about, other than the fact that Tiger thinks what happens in TigerLand should stay in Tigerland

NAHHHHH not going to read it, no interest in reading that anyway. Hopefully it will be informative and not a one sided attack on tiger and his personal life. but you never know now a days with anyone and everyone coming out with books about other people. Maybe he shoudl have wrote one about himself first. but then again why would that sell. lol

Won't read it. Not even remotely interested in it. Stevie, on the other hand, might have some interesting stories to share.

That WILL be an interesting book. lol

Don't expect I'll be reading it...but who knows. I'm just not much of a book reader.

This is where I'm at on this book. I want to read it but it probably won't happen!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I wont read it, but I dont really care that he wrote it. Its just at this point what could he possibly say about Tiger that would shock us?

Back