LIVE UPDATE THREAD Cabot Citrus Farms - The Karoo 2/11/24

Also, the Wind was a beast today. On a few holes playing into the wind it was at least a two club difference.

Also, the Wind was a beast today. On a few holes playing into the wind it was at least a two club difference.
Can confirm. 143 playing into the fan.. wind stopped. 8i go weeee

Making trek back to Jax. Stopped for some food. What a day. Great guys cool course.

Thanks for the pics and commentary. Looks like a fun course.

Thanks @#troy for getting us on, fantastic course. It's always a blast playing with you fellas.

Course was incredible. Once it greens up and fills in, it's going to be spectacular. I'll definitely be playing it again.

Pics look great - need to head to Tampa in March to clean out a rental and going to stay an extra day and head up to play

I blame Greg.

“What’s it doing?”
“Well it goes this way, then that way, I don’t know.”
What did it do? It went this way, then that way.

14 is a reachable in 2 Par 5. Smoked my drive. Maybe impressed the caddie that is following us around out of boredom.

Troy and I are 180 in.
He sure was impressed. Had to follow us out to make sure he gave us the right line and you were sitting pretty!

He sure was impressed. Had to follow us out to make sure he gave us the right line and you were sitting pretty!
And then that damn bunker showed up for us.

Not a fan of the bunkers as they sit now.

Grabs the club and stops it, but if you add any speed, it bounces off and you knife the ball. If there's an in between, I didn't find it.

Yeah… I wasn’t a fan of the two I was in. Weird soft on top, firm under :(
Thinking back on the round, I should have just used your driver to keep it under the wind all day...

Grabs the club and stops it, but if you add any speed, it bounces off and you knife the ball. If there's an in between, I didn't find it.
Super inconsistent with the sand. You can tell there is a ton of old sand with a fresh layer on top, needs to mix in.

Thanks for sharing the updates and photos. The course looks fun.

Thanks for sharing the updates and photos. The course looks fun.
It’s a fun course, the Par 4s were a bit tricky with some tight landing areas, and after a while I decided to go with the Cally UW off the tee and it was so good. Par 5s were typically reachable in 2 with a good tee shot as well.

The UW is a lifesaver. The greens looked huge.
It’s a fun course, the Par 4s were a bit tricky with some tight landing areas, and after a while I decided to go with the Cally UW off the tee and it was so good. Par 5s were typically reachable in 2 with a good tee shot as well

The UW is a lifesaver. The greens looked huge.
They are massive, which was probably a detriment to be honest. One of the Par 4s, I was on in regulation, but literally did not have a line to the hole, as it was a horseshoe shape, and I wasnt going to wedge it on the green, so I just had to putt to the middle of the green and hope to not 4 putt.

On one of the downhill Par 3s, I hit a 6i long and was left with about 70 yards of a putt. I was very happy with a 3 putt.

They are indeed big, sometimes that was good and sometimes not so much.

Good for the stats though, I’ll give it that.
Always fun to have massive greens that roll at 4ish.

Back