Callaway Apex CF 16 Irons Review Thread

Ugggh. Recoil 110s or Nippon Pro Modus Tour 130s.

Add me to the #TeamRedemption happy list for these irons. If it's raining out today and I can't get out to the course, I'll be back at Golfsmith to hit again. This time head to head with my current Apex.

Good looking iron for sure. Is it just me or are these morphing more towards an XR Pro look. I will certainly hit them but I can't imagine replacing my XRP's with anything in the next 5 years.

They really look good over the ball not big or small just nice, I hope to have mine in hand late tomorrow or Friday....hoping

Considering the XRP were easier and significantly more forgiving, I think these will hit those marks.

Wow, wrong thread but now u have me pondering trying the XRP cause those speedblades were insanely easy to hit

Just got the call from my fitter my irons are in. I should have them in hand in about an hour

Wow, wrong thread but now u have me pondering trying the XRP cause those speedblades were insanely easy to hit

Oh hey, THEY WERE IN MY BAG AN ENTIRE WEEKEND WE PLAYED TOGETHER WITH LIGHTWEIGHT PROGRAMS IN THEM MIKE!!!!

Oh hey, THEY WERE IN MY BAG AN ENTIRE WEEKEND WE PAYED TOGETHER WITH LIGHTWEIGHT PROGRAMS IN THEM MIKE!!!!

bad partnering. Perhaps he should come to WV hehe

Oh hey, THEY WERE IN MY BAG AN ENTIRE WEEKEND WE PLAYED TOGETHER WITH LIGHTWEIGHT PROGRAMS IN THEM MIKE!!!!

Lets be honest, I had enough problems going on as it was.

See you guys in WV

Hi ALL!! I have the xr pro irons. My understanding is the xr pro irons have the cup face all the way to and including the approach wedge, however the Apex CF 16 does not?? Is this accurate? and could someone tell me why or what they use in the 8-AW???

Hi ALL!! I have the xr pro irons. My understanding is the xr pro irons have the cup face all the way to and including the approach wedge, however the Apex CF 16 does not?? Is this accurate? and could someone tell me why or what they use in the 8-AW???
I believe they said they chose to leave it out past the 8 iron due to diminishing returns of the cup face effect when loft increases. And I'm not sure what they did as far as manufacturing process, but I hope we dont have gapping issues (and I don't think we will).

Just got the call from my fitter my irons are in. I should have them in hand in about an hour
Nice, hoping mine ship today. Spoken with CS and they where boxed and in shipping. They just couldn't say if they would go out or not

Nice, hoping mine ship today. Spoken with CS and they where boxed and in shipping. They just couldn't say if they would go out or not

they coming from Mexico? My wedge and another THPers FW came from Mexico and took two days for customs

they coming from Mexico? My wedge and another THPers FW came from Mexico and took two days for customs
I would assume. That's where all my other orders originate. Hope they ship before Trump builds the wall. Was hoping to see them Friday, but that won't happen now.

Last edited:
Well I had some time to kill today in Austin, so after walking around UTs campus for an hour I headed over to Golfsmith to finally hit these, low and behold no LH Apex demo iron. Two RH 7 irons, so I was able to get a look at the profile, and it looks really nice. I don't think I will have an issue transitioning to these from the XR Pros, but I really wish I was able to hit them

Mine left Mexico yesterday and and scheduled for Friday delivery

Well I had some time to kill today in Austin, so after walking around UTs campus for an hour I headed over to Golfsmith to finally hit these, low and behold no LH Apex demo iron. Two RH 7 irons, so I was able to get a look at the profile, and it looks really nice. I don't think I will have an issue transitioning to these from the XR Pros, but I really wish I was able to hit them
Should have tried them righty to really test out the forgiveness claims. I think you'll love them when you get to hit them.

Mine left Mexico yesterday and and scheduled for Friday delivery
Woo hoo, Just in time for Saturdays rounnn...ughh.. nevermind...Ha, lets fix that.

I believe all of Callaway's assembly is done in Mexico

Mine shipped today. Whenever I order from Callaway I choose ground since they air drop to UPS' facility at Alliance (Ft. Worth) and are on a truck to my door within hours. Hoping they arrive in the morning as my afternoon is free and Friday looks to be a washout.

Mine shipped today. Whenever I order from Callaway I choose ground since they air drop to UPS' facility at Alliance (Ft. Worth) and are on a truck to my door within hours. Hoping they arrive in the morning as my afternoon is free and Friday looks to be a washout.
When did you order? Mine still show Being Processed.

Back