Callaway Apex CF 16 Irons Review Thread

You can follow along to #TheGrandaddy beginning next week also for lots of Apex talk. 12 THPers getting the trip of a lifetime and fit for new clubs.
I'm definitely looking forward to hearing everyones impressions.

Is it Monday yet? Never thought I would say that

Sent from my Verizon iPhone using Tapatalk

These irons are setting up shop in my brain right now. I'm interested to see if specs from my last iron fitting stay true and curious how the shaft selection plays out.

I'm interested to see how these work for you compared to your 545's.

I also am interested in your comparison to the 545s. These are the two irons I am considering. Thanks in advance for any comments you share.

I'm interested to see how these work for you compared to your 545's.

I also am interested in your comparison to the 545s. These are the two irons I am considering. Thanks in advance for any comments you share.

For me these work as good as the 545s. The 545s are softer feeling on mishits and solid strikes. I have noticed no real difference in distance between the two, these may have a slight advantage in maintaining distance in mishits but I don't have launch monitor data to say one way or the other.

I hit these higher with both the project X and pxi shafts compared to 545s with kbs tour

I received my new CF16s on Tuesday, hit them on the range Thursday, and played my first round with them yesterday. Shot my career best, a 75 (36/39). Might have shot par except I sailed a drive OB and 3 jacked one green. Loved how these clubs felt and was surprised how well I played as distances weren't dialed in. Play again tomorrow, hope that goes as well.

I received my new CF16s on Tuesday, hit them on the range Thursday, and played my first round with them yesterday. Shot my career best, a 75 (36/39). Might have shot par except I sailed a drive OB and 3 jacked one green. Loved how these clubs felt and was surprised how well I played as distances weren't dialed in. Play again tomorrow, hope that goes as well.

Well done great round , let us know how you do today. I love the feel as well. I played the Rsi 1's last season and was somewhat concerned on how forgiving the Apex were going to be , but after testing them on the range the other day I was pleasantly surprised at how well I hit them not going lose any more sleep over that. I would say they fit in between the Rsi 1's and Rsi 2's forgiveness wise .
gb

Thinking these will be finding their way to Mid Michigan for next spring!

Anyone playing these irons with steelfiber shafts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These irons are hard to describe. They just flat out get it done. The cup face is legit and the overall head design and technology is amazing. I loved the OG Apex and wondered how they could improve and they have. When my 7i is now my 170 club that's saying something.

I'm looking forward to keep dropping my thoughts in here. I didn't think anything would kick my Z545's out and these have. (And that's not just #TheGrandaddy talk)

Better. Than. The. Original.

Seriously. I'm a believer. My numbers in my fitting we're borderline silly. I'll take 180+ yard 7i's all day.

I will have much more about these soon but suffice to say in an early test they are good. To me they look better and feel and sound just as good as the OG Apex. When you hit one flush the feeling is hard to describe

Better. Than. The. Original.

Seriously. I'm a believer. My numbers in my fitting we're borderline silly. I'll take 180+ yard 7i's all day.

That IS silly. How's your gapping between the 7 with the CF and the 8 without?

My swing was a mess yesterday with my irons but the CF really shines with the forgiveness

After one round with these yesterday I'm impressed. I hit several shots low on the bottom groove, and saw minimal distance loss. Have a feeling I'm really going to get along well with these clubs. Can't wait to get some more use in and share some thoughts.

How is the forgiveness in comparison to the original Apex?

Anyone playing these irons with steelfiber shafts?

I believe ddec was fitted in 95i Stiff steelfibers he should have some thoughts on these when he gets back I would assume.

I'm getting fit for these over the holiday. Just got an email from my fitter that included this...."The new Cf 16 is really good, best Callaway club i have ever sold."

Phenomenal freaking irons.

Back