Callaway Apex CF 16 Irons Review Thread

getting fitted over the holidays and just watching the #TheGrandaddy Live thread, I don't know how I go with any other option. Regardless of the fitting results :act-up:

I would agree that the thin miss is forgiving. At least that's what they told us at ECPC :)
And I also went with the 6.0 and it's just a great combo for me

yea. going to need to try those out. That's my favorite shaft

Keep going between PX 6.0, C-Taper, and Tour V as the shaft of choice in these. Mayyyyyy need a proper fitting.
Get a fitting. I'd have never picked pxi 6.5 for me, but numbers don't lie.

After hearing the wonderful thoughts on these, I NEED to add a set of these in the bag!

Callaway Apex CF 16 Irons Preview

Callaway Apex CF 16 Irons Preview

Get a fitting. I'd have never picked pxi 6.5 for me, but numbers don't lie.

I wasn't surprised to see u fitted to the 6.5. Reduction of moon balls plus a bit more distance? Am I right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These with recoil 110s are pure bliss. I loved every second with them this weekend. I will have more soon, but safe to say they are better then the OGs and the XR Pros. It is the best of the two put together in absolute awesomeness

What other shafts did you try during the fitting? What were those results?

I tried the steel fibers as well and the numbers were virtually identical. The steel fibers just didn't feel as smooth as the recoils as me, and my fitter also got the swing weight built up to D3 which I am really enjoying

I wasn't surprised to see u fitted to the 6.5. Reduction of moon balls plus a bit more distance? Am I right?

Actually brought my flight up a touch, but dispersion improved a ton. Was at 175ish in the 7i with px 6.0 and then 185 range on trackman when we moved to the pxi 6.5. 15 to 18 yards longer than the pros and insaaaaaaaaaaanely better dispersion there. Plus 1/2 inch is huge for me too.

Actually brought my flight up a touch, but dispersion improved a ton. Was at 175ish in the 7i with px 6.0 and then 185 range on trackman when we moved to the pxi 6.5. 15 to 18 yards longer than the pros and insaaaaaaaaaaanely better dispersion there. Plus 1/2 inch is huge for me too.

Solid dude.

Is it wrong I went to bed thinking about these irons and wake up thinking about them?

Is it wrong I went to bed thinking about these irons and wake up thinking about them?

Nope..and I think we devised the perfect plan for you to get them too

Nope just means you need a set to lay next to so your dream becomes reality

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

exactly.

Not wrong at all Rob, not wrong at all. I did the same exact thing and they were 10 feet below in the room below!! Hard not to think about these beauties especially with how they perform!

i've been thinking about these since i hit them before thanksgiving! i don't NEED new irons, but...

I'm listening

He now has a connection so he can get a decent price but wants to figure out the right shaft. So we talked about two different ways to approach it and what he was thinking for shafts came out as recommended by the online fitting tools for each OEM he is looking at

More kudos to Callaway as my Apex gems will be back in my hands by Monday, already re-shafted and in the mail to me. Freaking awesome.

More kudos to Callaway as my Apex gems will be back in my hands by Monday, already re-shafted and in the mail to me. Freaking awesome.

That is incredible. Above and beyond man

Why the reshaft? The callaway folks always do more than what can ever be expected

One of the things I noticed most in playing these in competition over the last week was lateral forgiveness. I would like to say I did not miss much, but there were a number of times that my ball mark was out towards the toe by half an inch or so. I lost virtually no distance and ddec and I had a conversation about it while in the cart. Seeing the characteristics of ball flight remain not only similar, but virtually identical on a miss like this is staggering and something I have not experienced from any iron that is not hollow body (hybrid like).

nearly no distance lost on toes is crazy. The original Apex were solid in that aspect, hard to believe they improved on an already forgiving iron. Very intriguing.

Was there an issue with them?

Back