Callaway Big Bertha Mini 1.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
The off the deck factor is something I really look forward to testing. I'll have to see it to believe it as it goes against history and what I've seen in recent years.
The 14° I hit in La Costa was paired with kuro kage. Knowing that's a lower launching shaft I wanted to test the off the deck factor and only hit it off the deck. It really surprised me how easily it got up in the air. I see no issues for you hitting the 14 off the deck.

It'll be fun to test, especially having reviewed so many fairways this year that are stellar off the deck. I don't expect it to play like those, but it would have to be eye opening to consider as a legit off the deck option given the build.

This is the kind of club I'd love to be able to hit well. I wonder how it compares to the XR deep.

More forgiveness and distance I would think. Larger profile obviously which will help some as compared to a FW.

You could argue forgiveness, because of size, but the difference in loft and spin might make up for that. You would most likely see more distance out of the mini on well struck shots, assuming ball flight was optimal for both.
So then I have to decide if a little more forgiveness and a little more distance is worth $300… I may have to find one to hit first I guess. This fiscally responsible version of myself BLOWS.

So then I have to decide if a little more forgiveness and a little more distance is worth $300… I may have to find one to hit first I guess. This fiscally responsible version of myself BLOWS.

Just order it Pete. You are delaying the inevitable.

It really can be either. The 14 was not hard to hit off the deck at all

Man, you are an aminal. This is a pretty deep face and off the deck was no bueno during my brief history with it. And normally I hit fairway woods off the deck with relative ease.

Just order it Pete. You are delaying the inevitable.
I'm sure if I hit it, I'll buy it. Just not sure how much more of a benefit I'll see over what I currently have.

I may have to see what all the fuss is about.

I'm sure if I hit it, I'll buy it. Just not sure how much more of a benefit I'll see over what I currently have.
I'm still surprised you haven't bought mine

Callaway Big Bertha Mini 1.5

I'm still surprised you haven't bought mine
You weren't there to see me hit the 5 deep yesterday on Capitol Hills 5, 17, and Fairways of Halfmoon 12 and 16.

I didn't realize your mini was available…

Man, you are an aminal. This is a pretty deep face and off the deck was no bueno during my brief history with it. And normally I hit fairway woods off the deck with relative ease.
And I'm not the type to hit 14° fairways off the deck much either. Thus the reason for having xr 4w at 17... for some reason though I hit the mini bertha with relative ease off the deck
I may have to see what all the fuss is about.
You will soon :)

I am trying to stay strong, but you are dragging me into this :p

And I'm not the type to hit 14° fairways off the deck much either. Thus the reason for having xr 4w at 17... for some reason though I hit the mini bertha with relative ease off the deck

That is freaking awesome brother. You were hammering the ball at #TheKing.

That is freaking awesome brother. You were hammering the ball at #TheKing.
Yes I was.... everywhere except first tee lmao

Yes I was.... everywhere except first tee lmao

If Kang plays in a THP event with a shotgun start and he gets anything other then hole 1 just hand him the trophy.

If Kang plays in a THP event with a shotgun start and he gets anything other then hole 1 just hand him the trophy.
I like the sound of that lol

I just went and hit one at a local Golf Smith. Amazing for me. I'm a rather ****** golfer (see HC on left) with a slow swing speed. They had the 12-degree with the Speeder stiff shaft. While I occasionally hit my mega driver farther than the shots I hit at Golf Smith, the Mini was, on average, longer...and definitely straighter. I tend to lose the feel of a large, light-weight driver, but love the smaller head here. Ball flew off the face. I double checked to make sure the shot boost wasn't bumped up on the monitor.

Now the question is whether to go with the Speeder (R) or Kage (R). Plan to use as a replacement driver.

Wonderful club.

You weren't there to see me hit the 5 deep yesterday on Capitol Hills 5, 17, and Fairways of Halfmoon 12 and 16.

I didn't realize your mini was available…
It's not. I meant model because you crush mine. Didn't we have a conversation about the deep series and using it off the tee during sim league?

Pretty sure by Pittsburgh, everyone will be rocking a mini of some sort.

It's not. I meant model because you crush mine. Didn't we have a conversation about the deep series and using it off the tee during sim league?
Probably. I drink a lot.

I haven't had much success with the 3 deep and no explanation why. I'm guessing its length, but I'm not even sure what that is at the moment. But I definitely liked what I saw from the 5 deep off the tee yesterday--and honestly, I can't remember hitting from the tee prior.

I'm playing again tomorrow, and when the deep experiment fails, I'll be ordering this once I get home.

I just got back from a demo day and they had the 12 and 14 degree there. My back is all jacked up so my swing wasn't very good, but I actually hit the 14 a few times and liked it a lot.

Probably. I drink a lot.

I haven't had much success with the 3 deep and no explanation why. I'm guessing its length, but I'm not even sure what that is at the moment. But I definitely liked what I saw from the 5 deep off the tee yesterday--and honestly, I can't remember hitting from the tee prior.

I'm playing again tomorrow, and when the deep experiment fails, I'll be ordering this once I get home.
I'd experiment with the length for sure.

haven't played or hit a mini driver before, but this one is intriguing. Wanted to try at a callaway demo day yesterday but it got rained out.

The off the deck factor is something I really look forward to testing. I'll have to see it to believe it as it goes against history and what I've seen in recent years.
I'm curious to see how it is off the deck as well. I have no problems with my 2Deep off the deck so I'm hoping the Mini 1.5 is similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back