Callaway Big Bertha V Series Heavenwood - Technology Q&A

I keep checking as well, found some decent prices on ebay, but waiting on a great deal!

I'm in the same boat as you and Miller Time. I should have pulled the trigger during Masters week..

I'm in the same boat as you and Miller Time. I should have pulled the trigger during Masters week..
I hear ya buddy!

Love this club!
This short knocker is getting around 190 with a nice high ball flight!

This club is easy to hit. (from me that's something!)

I really hope to try and put one of these in the bag this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any word on when the LH Heavenwood will be available? I thought I saw on the Callaway Golf website that it could be ordered, but have not seen it listed anywhere else ...

Put some really crappy swings on this thing over the weekend. Its normally my saving grace off the deck but I was really off. Had a few nice tee balls with it on Saturday. Hoping to spend some time in the next few weeks working on the swing and getting this thing dialed back in.

I'm looking for something to go between my driver and 3H, 19*, that I can hit from the tee or the deck. I recently hit the V series 3W really well but haven't had a chance to hit the heaven wood. I'm worried that because the HW is 20.5 degrees I'm going to hit it shorter than my 3H so I'm leaning towards the 3W. Has anybody hit both the 3W and the heaven wood from the deck? If so how did they compare? I've struggled in the past with hitting a 3W from the deck, but was able to hit the V series 3W from the mats pretty well, so I'm leaning towards the heaven wood after reading the reviews of how easy it is to hit from the deck. But again I'm wondering if it will be shorter than my 19* 3H there by negating adding a club between the driver and 3H. I hit the 3H on a good day between 180-200 yards. According to the launch monitor I was hitting the 3W around 220 from the mats. My swing speed is right around 90MPH.

I'm hitting the Heavenwood 200 to 217 on most shots off the deck and my swing speed is in the low 90s. Hit three nice shots at the Old Silo event this weekend. But pushed one in the deep rough on #12 that took3 minutes to find as my only bad shot with it.

I'm looking for something to go between my driver and 3H, 19*, that I can hit from the tee or the deck. I recently hit the V series 3W really well but haven't had a chance to hit the heaven wood. I'm worried that because the HW is 20.5 degrees I'm going to hit it shorter than my 3H so I'm leaning towards the 3W. Has anybody hit both the 3W and the heaven wood from the deck? If so how did they compare? I've struggled in the past with hitting a 3W from the deck, but was able to hit the V series 3W from the mats pretty well, so I'm leaning towards the heaven wood after reading the reviews of how easy it is to hit from the deck. But again I'm wondering if it will be shorter than my 19* 3H there by negating adding a club between the driver and 3H. I hit the 3H on a good day between 180-200 yards. According to the launch monitor I was hitting the 3W around 220 from the mats. My swing speed is right around 90MPH.

I'd be surprised if you didn't hit it further than your hybrid. Best way to find out is to test it though.

I'd be surprised if you didn't hit it further than your hybrid. Best way to find out is to test it though.

I would if I could. I only got to test the 3W because I was vacation and happened across a GolfSmith. Now that I'm back home it would be a 4 hour round trip to the nearest place that has a decent selction of demos.

Wow wow wow, that's what I have to say, I finally put this in play today and cannot belive how easy this club is to hit. I played with guys I never played with before and they even commented on how great I hit it. I was truly in awe of some of my shots with it. Just high long and straight.

Wow wow wow, that's what I have to say, I finally put this in play today and cannot belive how easy this club is to hit. I played with guys I never played with before and they even commented on how great I hit it. I was truly in awe of some of my shots with it. Just high long and straight.

Nice man! I'm hoping for the same! My arrived today and I intend to put it through its paces. Can't wait.

It really is a special club in that slot it fills in the bag. I've been playing 4W-3h for years, and I feel that the 3W-HW-4H gives me a longer option off the tee, and a club that I'm comfortable with in that 200 yard range.

For guys that carry a 3w around 200 off a tee and 190-195 off the deck what kind of yardage goes the HW put up ?

For guys that carry a 3w around 200 off a tee and 190-195 off the deck what kind of yardage goes the HW put up ?

Mine carries about 20 yards less than my 3 wood if that helps any. You will have to try it for yourself though. The HW is a launch monster so you may get close to what your 3 wood is giving you. I actually can hit it further from the deck than off a tee. If I am using it to tee off, the balls sits on a good lie on the tee box not a tee.

Honestly, you might see more distance off the deck with the heavenwood than you do the 3W. Loft is your friend if you're on the lower end of the swing speed spectrum. There's not a huge gap between the heavenwood and the 4W I have, and I am a ton more consistent with the heavenwood.

On a good swing I could hit my Razr fit extreme about 200 off the deck, with this club today I was hitting about the same distance maybe a small bit shorter but straight everytime. The shortest hit I had with it today was 180 dead into the wind.

The heaven wood is my 210 max club. The few rounds I've had with it I've used it from 180-210 out depending on trouble/course management.

Thanks guys for the replies.
I'm just torn on fairways right now.

Last season I gamed a k15 3w that was honestly pretty serviceable off the deck and tee. The problem is with my stronger grip I tended to hook it alot so I got rid of it in favor of the g30 3w set to 15.5*. It was awesome off the tee but off the deck it tended to leak on me even in the + setting. In the off season I tested a Trilogy 5w and XCG7 5w. The Trilogy's shaft and I just didn't get along. Tended to snap hook it alot. The XCG7 was a nice club but it also seemed to leak on me a little bit and had a two way miss.
Even tried an x2hot 5w but shaft length was an issue and it was a hook machine on the range and it didn't even make it to the course. Finally I settled on a g20 5w which plays at 42" which gives me the same ease of use as the K15 but with a much straighter flight. The downside is consistency off the deck. One shot is perfect and the next an utter duff. And I know its due to shaft length.

I keep trying to find results like when I had a k15 5w shortened to 41 1/8" that was virtually automatic off the deck. Why I ever got rid of this club is beyond me but that is how it goes.
I have no issues with launching the g20 5w and when I catch it I get adequate distance. Its more just the consistency thing. I am afraid though if I shorten it even more in the 41-41.5" range to gain consistency I am going to lose yardage and it won't be any longer than my Trilogy 20* hybrid which I hit very well. It plays at 39.25" which is -1". I am only 5'4" so long fairways woods have always been my nemesis.

Which brings me to the Heavenwood. I know for this club to perform as intended you are supposed to play it long and the loft gets it up into the air. I am not certain if the 42.75" is going to do me any favors given I prefer a fairway wood to be under 42".
So that is my concern. I have hit it in the store and no matter full length or choking down 2" I still saw around 180 carry. Which honestly on a good strike I can hit my 3h and 4h that long.
I am hoping that I can demo this club on a range and compare it to my 5w. I dont always trust simulators and I know people rave about this club so I want to see it first hand for myself.

Hit this for the first time tonight at gs and it was awesome. I was hitting the xr and aeroburner 3 wood right before and was really struggling with consistency off the mat and found this thing buried at the back of the demo bag and figured I would give it a try. First swing with it and it took off like an absolute missile 215 carry and absolutely dead straight. Ended up hitting about 6 more with it and they all finished within a 10 yard dispersion of each other.

Going to hit up a Callaway demo day in the next couple weeks to hit the xr irons out doors so hopefully they have one of these there also. If the same numbers I saw tonight hold up I could see this replacing my 3 wood.

Love the love we keep seeing for this one.

I adore mine, to a detriment almost, I've found myself trying to hit all sorts of numbers with it lately instead of just going hybo when I need to, often hitting it too far, but dammit its pretty when I do!

Easy up off the deck, solid for me off the tee when I absolutely NEED to hit a fairway (#Cookie can vouch here, as can MikeG) and just fun. I'm SO glad I gave it the second chance I did, first outings I was pretty underwhelmed but I think I set my mind up to be that way. After Cowboys though when I just went after it and swung, nothing but fun. I also LOVE the Tour Green in mine, X flex and all. :alien:

Back